Preview: DTM Experience by Simbin

Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium
Bram Hengeveld submitted a new blog post:

Preview: DTM Experience by Simbin

After visiting the Dutch round of the DTM series I was lucky enough to have a sneak peek at SimBin's newest racing project "DTM Experience" that will be released for PC this winter. Time for a little hands-on preview.

The last time I've played an official licensed DTM game was back in the days of Codemasters' DTM Race Driver 3 which wasn't particular a full blown sim. Apart from the car models, liveries, tracks and driver names it didn't offer me an experience like in DTM Race Driver...
Continue reading the Original Blog Post

Last edited:
Andi, I must run it as an administrator and now works fine. Overall drive feeling is the same as it is with other RRRE cars, with same (not very good) feedback from road to steering wheel. But, I will preorder it, (I tried to do it today, but I cant yet) as I do with all the other racing games :).

its R3E just the main menu looks different, what dissapointing the most is, the game was at this stage almost a year ago, and nothing news about the multiplayer... and the ffb on a g25 is still really bad even if u tweak it... it was way better in the older simbin titles...

Andi, I must run it as an administrator and now works fine. Overall drive feeling is the same as it is with other RRRE cars, with same (not very good) feedback from road to steering wheel. But, I will preorder it, (I tried to do it today, but I cant yet) as I do with all the other racing games :).
Matej have a look in the R3e forum section at this and post there and if necessary after you have mapped your wheel post your rcs and ill tweak it ... i can make it feel better i believe

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/force-feedback-and-hopefully-some-ideas.74887/

Andi

its R3E just the main menu looks different, what dissapointing the most is, the game was at this stage almost a year ago, and nothing news about the multiplayer... and the ffb on a g25 is still really bad even if u tweak it... it was way better in the older simbin titles...
same as i posted to Matej ..... Krisztian Toth ... there is a g25 one in the downloads / you will have to remap buttons / pedals probably but it is a vast improvement over what are the standard controller files

Andi
Thanks for the heads up, but i did it a long time ago, and the ffb still not as good as was in r07 for example!

same as i posted to Matej ..... Krisztian Toth ... there is a g25 one in the downloads / you will have to remap buttons / pedals probably but it is a vast improvement over what are the standard controller files

Andi
Thanks for the heads up, but i did it a long time ago, and the ffb still not as good as was in r07 for example!
But i wil try it again! :)

While jack of all trades titles like R3E, AC, rF2 and pCARs certainly offer advantages and seem to be what many people want, I'm pleased Simbin haven't totally abandoned the traditional racing sim which simulates a real racing series. With the decline of the FIA GT championship and WTCC, DTM is the highest profile European racing series, and its quite a coup for Simbin to get it - well done. As others have said the lack of pitstops does detract from the simulation aspect whatever you feel about its effect on game-play. Still, looking forward to trying the demo at the weekend.

Just played the Demo and it looks amazing and runs very well. My only complaint would be the lack of feel from the car through the wheel FFB. Race 07 feels much better but perhaps this will all be improved for the full release *fingers crossed*.

"DTM Experience will be released for PC this winter as a stand-alone title that can be played through the existing RaceRoom Racing Experience platform"

Im confused . . . is this a stand alone sim or not?

I played the demo and I'm surprised... in a very positive way. Good graphics (of course it's not as good as AC or pCars, but nevertheless decent), nice handling (played it with my steering wheel) and the sound is simply outstanding. I really consider to buy the full version, when it's available.

My only complaint would be the lack of feel from the car through the wheel FFB (...) but perhaps this will all be improved for the full release *fingers crossed*.

+1

as with others I believe Pit Stops in DTM are a vital part of the series so I dont agree with the OP at all, them and no MP from the start is a bit rubbish. Think I'll wait and see it develop into something better before purchasing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 194 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.3%