PrestoGP Zandvoort Fun Race Wed 15th Oct

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,

Who's up for a fun race on wednesday coming?

1 hour practise
15 mins open qualifying
2x15 mins races (fastest guys take a fuel penalty)

usual PrestoGP times, 7pm Uk time for practise.

sign up in the usual way and lets discuss anything that would make the racing more even and fun for us all. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
What about this.......

P1 - +40L
P2 - +35L
P3 - +30L
P4 - +10L
P5 - +5L
P6 - Normal fuel....
and so on for the rest of the grid.

Or we could have it top 3 from qualifying only take a penalty,

P1 - +40L
P2 - +35L
P3 - +30L
P4 - Normal fuel.....
and so on for the rest of the grid.

I dont think theres much we can do for qualifying because then the grid would be a bit mixed so fuel penalties would need to work for individual drivers as apposed to your grid position.

Im easy either way, but it will come down to a gentlemen's agreement that we use the fuel levels that we get allocated, I'm sure that would go without saying though with us :)

Last edited:
Just hope you dont qualify in the top 5 then :D

The rules for this fun race are if you qualify in any of the positions that are affected by the penalty then you need to take the extra fuel :thumbsup:

Whatever happens though this is still a good opportunity to learn the track, learn what its like with high fuel, and learn how to cope on such a track with others, as long as we're learning and having fun fuel level doesn't matter :thumbsup:

p.s Bob what fish is that in your avatar? Is it a Roach, Rudd, Carp or Bream, its been doing my nut in for a while, my eyesight is getting worse :whistling:

I was thinking about at work and maybe having added fuel depending on laptime in q with no added fuel.

Say you are 1 sec off pole -10 litres, so if the slowest guy did a time say 4 secs off pole, pole should carry 40 litres more than slowest. So if we do normal p and q get idea roughly of pace and apply our own penalty to ourselves after short discussion and this is trial and error anyway to get correct amount.
I suppose we could add fuel and do a hotlap until fuel costs us 1 sec's in laptime here and use that as a basis instead of the 10L guessed amount. I think anything less than a sec we should carry same fuel.

It should be based on pace, I think then we shall get best racing through front to back, also worth noting this race is open to anybody and not just league members so anyone wanting some close racing is welcome :thumbsup:

1. DavidTurnbull
2. Nelson Ullinskey
3. Damien Rouchon
4. Valerio Vinassa
5. Bob Miley
6. Tito Parisi
7. Sean Greenlaw
8. Nicolai Nicholson

I am not certain I'll make it, but hopefully I'll do :)
As for fuel penalty I agree with Sean's thinking, the aim must be to make a tight group. Iow it would be a shame if a pre-fixed penalty system would split up 2 drivers that normally would have the same pace if you know what I mean. (eg if Bob beats me with 0,001 in q and ends 5th).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back