PrestoGP Tunngle Thread

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Wednesday 29th October at 7pm (uk)

We will have a test to see if we can finish the season with Tunngle, We really need as many as possible to try this out, If it works we get to finish the season with Race07, If not then at least we tried.

Just turn up and treat this as a usual Wednesday race, we need it as close to real conditions as possible to make a worthwhile test. :thumbsup:

Don't think there's much we can do Peter, I bet most folk will think the race is off anyway with there being no lobby, A lot of people in the league don't check the forums regularly until race reports so I can't see enough of a turn out that we could just have the league race there and then, it still needs testing with nearly a full league turnout before we put an official race on, plus some won't have practised at all in the meantime.

Its a big IF but if it does work for us and runs smoothly enough to finish our season, I propose we cut 2 races from the calender, try get the season 13 finished up before Christmas so a bit of re-arranging of the main calender would need to happen, even if all is well with Tunngle our season will overrun by too much now.

Thought's?

yeah lets try it out this week - my thought/hope was that everyone had got the message of zandvoort tomorrow and would try the tunngle and so if everything worked anyway we could see it as an official race. As you say, not many have read the forums it seems, at least.

I would too like to finish before christmas (more exams in beginning Jan....)

I've just been informed I have to be in Cardiff for a meeting at 8am on Thursday:( it's a 3.5 hour drive, I'd have to leave at 4/4:30ish, I'm toying with going down Weds eve (ibis budget hotel £45:)), I have a niece at university there, maybe she'll show me the sights:whistling:

Jim

I think we should cut the 1st 3 :whistling:, but seriously whatever hopefully tunngle will work if not we will have to wait till sector 3 gets anywhere if indeed they do.
Fyi ill be on tonight for some practise anyway around 9pm uk which is same as gmt now with clocks back at weekend.:thumbsup:

David, could you please be so kind to add a short "Tungle-Instruction" to your first post?

I know it can be found somewhere in the discussion thread but it might be a hindering research if someone shows up a little late tonight.

How long will it take to get it working if I do everything well? I didn't have the time yet to try it.

I'm gonna be a bit busy until around 6pm tonight Reik, off to hospital with the wife right now (routine thing) so no time to add instructions, I'd be grateful if someone else could do this at the moment for Reik and the others, If not I'll get to it when I'm back in :thumbsup:

p.s Couple of mins to get ready Reik, 1 restart needed in the process, its no biggy :)

OK, thank you very much David.

Here's the instruction by David I found in this post, (Edit: completed by Peter):

1. Instal Tunngle, https://www.tunngle.net/en/ If Windows Firewall popups during installation, choose BOTH Private and Public network access. If the popup doesn't come, you may need to set it manually if no race07-servers show up (for Win7: go into windows firewall settings, "Inbound Rules" in the left pane, look up all "Tunngle...", double-click each for properties, Advanced tab, tick both Private and Public)

2. Make an account and login.

3. Hover your mouse over Community, then networks and click Private Networks,network name is PrestoGP and join using the mydrive/serverx2 password. First time connecting to the prestogp-network, an activation web page will pop up (am I right here?).

4. Now load up Race07 and goto multiplayer and select Lan
Hopefully the server shows up in there.:) If it does not, hit refresh, maybe 10-15 times.

Here's the summerized login data I found here:

Network - PrestoGP
Password - MyDrive pass (PrestoGP password twice without space)
Server password - None

I hope this includes everything required. ;) :thumbsup: And I hope it works properly tonight. :whistling:

Last edited:
Nicely summarized Reik! I can add/edit some details (edit again ;)):

OK, thank you very much David.

Here's the instruction by David I found in this post:

1. Instal Tunngle,
https://www.tunngle.net/en/ If Windows Firewall popups during installation, choose BOTH Private and Public network access. If the popup doesn't come, you may need to set it manually if no race07-servers show up (for Win7: go into windows firewall settings, "Inbound Rules" in the left pane, look up all "Tunngle...", double-click each for properties, Advanced tab, tick both Private and Public)

2. Make an account and login.

3. Hover your mouse over Community, then networks and click Private Networks,network name is PrestoGP and join using the mydrive/serverx2 password. First time connecting to the prestogp-network, an activation web page will pop up (am I right here?).

4. Now load up Race07 and goto multiplayer and select Lan
Hopefully the server shows up in there.:) If it does not, hit refresh, maybe 10-15 times.

Here's the summerized login data I found here:

Network - PrestoGP
Password - MyDrive pass
(PrestoGP password twice without space)
Server password - None

I hope this includes everything required. ;) :thumbsup: And I hope it works properly tonight. :whistling:

Last edited:
I can add/edit some details (edit again ;)):

How do you mean that? Are you the host tonight and able to change some parameters?

hey btw, whats the weather forecast?!?! :whistling:

I think Nico still has the untouched weather file from Daniel. So if he gets notice about it he probably could send it to everyone who can include it. On the other hand I'm not sure if we better have tonight's test in dry conditions.

How do you mean that? Are you the host tonight and able to change some parameters?

I think Nico still has the untouched weather file from Daniel. So if he gets notice about it he probably could send it to everyone who can include it. On the other hand I'm not sure if we better have tonight's test in dry conditions.

Peter ment change some things in your post Reik, in his quote he's added some to what you'd put, thanks for putting that up anyhoo Reik will help alot.

Noticed Tim, Damien and Bob laube have been on, so thats a good few of us now who have installed Tunngle and connected to the server, fingers crossed for tonight.

That went as well as could be expected i think.

Looks like we have a way to finish up our season and give folk the time they need to do the things needed for rf2 when the time comes.

Now we need to get everyone a connectable green icon in Tunngle, See what we are doing about the length of the rest of the season and call the date for Zandvoort race 4 :)

PrestoGP is back in business in Race07!!

Thanks to Dave Russell for the tips on Tunngle and the setting up :thumbsup: Thanks to Peter and April the main two valiant testers ;) and thanks to all for attending tonight, it helped big time :thumbsup:

For me installing was a bit like exploring a way through the jungle (register here, activate this, do this and that, etc.) but finally managed to get it working within ~ 20 minutes or so.

Connecting went well - server appeared immediately when entering the lobby. Just had to give the lobby a little time when choosing the server and hovering the mouse over the coninue button to be able to press it.

Game went smooth and pings of most drivers were OK. I only saw Tim lagging a bit more then I'm used to but still in an acceptable amount.

My race went well with a few lags of concentration due to Little illness, which finally caused me misscounting laps and driving past the pits end of lap 15 when I had to pit. DNF half a lap later. :mad: :redface: :rolleyes:

Thanks very much to David, Peter and all involved to find a decent solution.... :thumbsup:

Well guys i think we have 1 week to iron out problems, get everyone a green icon and then we should go for the real race 4 next Wednesday 5th Nov, What does everyone think of that?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 122 8.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 160 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 224 14.9%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 411 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 582 38.7%