PrestoGP Test Race Monday 23rd Feb Interlagos

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,

After all the problems at the practise race we need to test things and quickly, this weekend is a bit short notice but we could have a test on Monday with as many as possible then have another practise race on Wenesday 25th to iron out the last of any problem, by this time all will be on the dedi server and off my PC so anythign running in the background can be ruled out, the dedi will be RF2 servers only, nothing else installed.

If you can make Monday then sign up or just turn up, the more the merrier and the better for the test, Ive kept it as Interlagos as we are all well practised in it and it, I'll have 2 servers up with Interlagos and Austria that night, If we have problems with Interlagos again we can try Austria to rule out it being track based problem.

All Times UK
19:00 Free Practise
20:00 Qualifying (10 mins)
20:11 Warmup (5 minutes)
20:16 Race (30 minutes)

Forced Cockpit View: On
Driving aids: All off except Automatic Clutch
Weather: Dry
Start mode: Standing
Superpole: Off
Damage Sensitivity: 50%
Parc Ferme: Off
Pit limiter: On
Mechanical Failure: On (Time scaled)
Flag Rules: None (cutting is still prohibited)
Tyre Wear: Normal
Fuel Cons: Normal

1. David Turnbull

Last edited:
ok guys this test race will take place on our dedi server, this will rule out any problems with my pc and router, it will be on seans connection which is the same as mine but its all new installs and a bare os, nothing running in the background, purely used for servers.

the live timing will be back very soon, stefan had some problems hosting but if everything works out fine then nothing will be lost and it will all be back very shortly.

regards the failures peter, i think best if we just leave it at time scaled, its what weve been using for the last month or so on the servers, i'm just thinking of minimal change from now to make it as easy as possible, mainly from my side because this is taking a bit of work to get the servers working properly.

What time scale do you guys think we should use? @Dino Paolini ? Mechanical failures being time scaled or normal?
You mean in general? For 60 minute races there should be no practical differences. "Time scaled" as I understand it is a setting that makes the mechanical wear be less the longer the race length is beeing set to. It is basicaly there to allow stuff like 6+ hour races and so on.

1. David Turnbull
2. April Dillon
3. Martin Floeck
4. Peter Decker
5. Mark Breslin
6. Sean Greenlaw
7. Nicolas Rouge
8. Valerio Vinassa
9.Jason Skyring
10. Dino Paolini
11. James Early
12. Steve Combey

Hmm only a few mins left, maybe someone PM me Pwd in time:)

Thank's all for turning up, although we didn't get the number's to try recreate what happened the other night it was still a good run through, what we've found so far is that voting the session through seem's like a good idea and I think we should keep using that method right now until such time's as its proven without doubt that skipping session's in the dedi interface isn't causing the problems, I've also implemented Gijs's fix of priority on server CPU and affinity too so what we really need now is number's for Wednesday, so if you can make it, please do, even if its just to help us test then leave, everyone is welcome.

Last nights race......

I started 4th on the grid and before t1 I was already trying to dodge flying cars, that didnt work great so I smacked Dino and went off track most likely taking another few with me, wasn't much any of us could do, I think Martin was a bit unsighted and cut Dino off starting a chain reaction of event's as Dino mentioned it's a pity this happened in the real start and not the practise start's but still at least it happened in a test event :). Once the t1 mess was over I found myself in 9th or 10th and set about making my way through the pack, some good action and passes later I was in 3rd taking time off Sean and Martin, another few lap's in the race and I think myself and Dino couldve got ourselves back into the race but it wasn't to be, felt really good pushing for so many lap's to make up lost time though.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 124 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 96 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 92 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 65 6.8%
  • < 5 years