PrestoGP Test Race Monday 23rd Feb Interlagos

Thanks for yesterday! As David mentioned, more numbers would have been great but we got some fun racing (after T1) anyway. My impression from yesterday was that the practice starts shifted pretty dramatically - maybe we should be prepared to have a couple more of those when grid is full of people.

I learnt a thing or two yesterday, esp. about my G25 capability of sounding like a, I wont say what kind of machinery/device/unspecified, throughout the whole race after accomplishing this:

After becoming last, I got some really fun battling with April and all! Eventually I got a gap and started to close up on Mr. Rouge who, after seeing me pop up in his mirrors or something, kept the exact same pace after he must have put in an extra gear. Today I actually analyzed his cornering speed throughout the whole track for several laps and saw some interesting things. I had consistently too high entry speed but throttled on earlier and he was Mr Smooth cruising throughout. @Nicolas Rouge what wear were your tyres at finish? Maybe I can blame the G25 sound capabilities :D

Looking forward to next race! Grats to all participants, finishers and podium!

After the start I tried to manage gap to Martin and see if I could save tires, a bit forward and backwards + some lock ups and moral of the story is ? just push don't save as my tires were worn to same level as previous races anyway :giggle:
Was good fun racing the gap :thumbsup:, though but a shame about incident at start would been some fun battling.

T1 Interlago's is probably one of the most difficult for race starts, if Martin couldn't see or wasn't sure if Dino was there or not, best way is to always try and leave room if unsure and trying to keep as straight a line as possible, not changing lane when braking. The braking zone obviously at t1 Interlago's you are turning also which makes this difficult to. Not saying Martin is to blame as obviously its accident but just looking at it like we do in incident reports and trying to see what is easiest way to avoid in future :thumbsup:.

Its going to take a while getting rid of small incidents with this being new platform, new to people and also a lot of new racers in PrestoGP.
We learnt a lot in the many season's, I think we did get a 100% drivers finish race and with no incidents at least once, but end of race07 we really got to a great safety level.

I think we will achieve same once we start doing incident reports and picking best way to avoid it for future is where we will learn quickly, along with us getting more and more used to the game and each other.

What I take from race's though I've still got a lot to learn with braking mostly, I need to just remember brake hard and lift foot as speed comes down. Easier said than done for me I ended up with tires like Peters without the slide :roflmao: my front left was like 30% lol.

Here's the last edit of setup I used last night, quite a lot different. I managed a 1m15.6 and think there was still some time there. Will maybe have a run on A1 later If not will cyas on tomorrow :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sean inter 9r.svm
    4.2 KB · Views: 214
In response to @Peter Decker : I tried to be gentle on tires on the first laps. When I saw you gaining on me, about 3 seconds behind I began to push harder and somehow managed to keep the gap between 2 and 3 seconds. Honestly I don't remember tire health but it was like 65% or 70% except FR about 55% or 60%. I'm gentle on tires on this track usually, if I push too hard I'm slower somehow.
And btw, I still have my G25, there's an issue with my new Fanatec wheel that was apparently solved by the support in Germany since they just shipped it back to me (it should be at home tomorrow at best).

Sean: I agree on the need for patience with new sim and all :thumbsup:

In response to @Peter Decker : I tried to be gentle on tires on the first laps. When I saw you gaining on me, about 3 seconds behind I began to push harder and somehow managed to keep the gap between 2 and 3 seconds. Honestly I don't remember tire health but it was like 65% or 70% except FR about 55% or 60%. I'm gentle on tires on this track usually, if I push too hard I'm slower somehow.
And btw, I still have my G25, there's an issue with my new Fanatec wheel that was apparently solved by the support in Germany since they just shipped it back to me (it should be at home tomorrow at best).

Yeah I noticed you were in control - you started doing some mistakes only on last laps. I did them all laps :D If your % are somewhat correct, maybe it explains some of it :D - my numbers:
FL 28 FR 30
RL 62 RR 72
I would be glad to some comments on why I got those numbers :notworthy: I can see for myself in extreme cases but else I need some advice maybe ;)

The last laps I focused to not push and avoid overshooting corners which paid off, too late tho. Puncture would happen soon anyway I guess.
Interestingly, motec shows only my Rear Left got flatspotted (or worn anyway) of that spin 95% -> 82% :S - also in the 4th lap lost 89% -> 82% Front Right into last right hander which looked not too serious to me in the replay.

Maybe I was a bit unclear about my G25. It is working fine. I just experienced a new feature due to the simultaneous althrough-race existing diagonal (rear left - front right) flatspots - a massive vibration (thanks @April Dillon for making me turn up FFB strength :mad:;)) which made me think of certain other kind of devices. The G25 is pretty capable after all! :cool:

Maybe I'm alone on this one, but I always ran my G25 at 100% when I had it. Even now that I'm on a T500RS I run it pretty high, at 75% overall 100% constant, periodic, spring and 1.00 in game. Maybe this is just me :p

As for the tire wear, in rF2 it gets crazy bad when you steer too much in a turn and scrub the fronts. Far worse than in any rF1 based sims like Race 07, and it's something a lot of people do.

Look for the FFB going weaker again at steeper steering positions (it gets more prominent with about 7.5-8° caster at Interlagos). Here where it drops off is where the tires start working very inefficiently, and gives you quite little lateral force and a lot of wear.

It`s a little bit late, but regarding to the crash after start, i want to explain my point of view ...

During race:
Sean was right beside in front of me, i saw the front wheel of his car, this was my reference point.
I knew dino was left beside me, but i didn`t saw him, he was in a blind angle.
I thougt he is behind me (like it was).

In the recording:
There you see i was steering to the left, trying to keep distance to sean, because sean was entering T1.
I was not able to drive more to the right (except i slow down, but this is not the highest priority option in a race ;), or crash with sean).
Dino was behind me, steering to right.

Anyway :)

I hope WE can avoid such crashes in the future :thumbsup:

Now i activated all 5 mirrows, so i hope i can see more going on beside and backwards to me :geek:
Hoping not to forget to look to the front ;)

I feel sry for all who where involved in OUR crash !

Martin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back