PrestoGP S16 Practise Race - 22nd June @Portugal

two nice races:thumbsup:
a bit short, for me, the first race I lost car on curbs tried to stay fixed but we are in first laps so many cars on track someone avoid me but Anton Valle hit me,considering that it was my mistake sure no responsability for Anton him and I thogth hope no damage for him instead for me hard damage at rear suspension with no repair at box ( there was the strike?:D ), so I tried to do a lap but after 2 turns lost car so press esc.
Race 50mins not many words to say for second race but one word yes FANTASTIC:) great battles with Anton Valle and Cosimo Streppone nice clean challenges:thumbsup:
Congratulations all;)

PS.a consideration,
many drivers at end of races race1 specially, good level of pace with a large skill assortment if this is a preseason race It bodes well for the championship:D

Loved these races. Completely agree with Valerio. Despite being among the slowest, and making a few small mistakes here and there, finished both races, with a 6th place in the longer race, down from 4th with one lap to go. Had great battles with Artyom, Valerio and Anton.
Have to say, I was a bit scared by the qualify session results. Everyone faster than me by about 3-4s. Quite the fast bunch there :) but in the races things were a bit more equalized.
I had lots of fun!

P.S.: I couldn't manage to avoid a couple of spun cars in the middle of the track. Little bumps were had, hope without any consequences/damage.

The first proper session in this car in a very long time, glad I gave it another run. :)

Managed to set a personal best in qualifying so I can't complain. Probably a few tenths on the track but there's always time to find.

Race one was pretty fantastic. Got a good start, may have been a little too kind into turn one so I remained second. ;) Was great fun juggling an extended attack on David whilst having to keep one eye on my mirrors throughout, especially in the later stages. Had a small lag spike which meant I dropped back just enough from David to lose DRS. A late charge from Martin and an incident between two backmarkers in the final corner meant I lost all momentum and had second stolen from me on the line. One of those 'are you kidding me' moments. :p

Reversed grid for race two certainly made the start and first laps interesting. Probably the best launch I've had in a long time, locked the rears slightly into turn one and awkwardly straddled the grass. Managed to keep it pointing forwards only to run into chaos a few corners later. I'm pretty sure I saw someone grab air off another car. :O_o: Survived the craziness and got into another battle with Martin, he had a moment through turn eight and spun into me. Luckily we both escaped with minimal damage. DRS enabled and the run down to turn one looked like it could get messy very quickly. Bailed out of making any moves, it was the right call. :p

Once the madness subsided and everyone either crashed out or found their rhythm, it got pretty lonely on track. Was satisfied with second place. Shoutout to Artyom for the no stop strategy, I'll bet your tyres were ready for the bin after that! :p

Looking forward to the season proper, I'm liking this car more and more with every lap. :cool:

two nice races:thumbsup:
a bit short, for me, the first race I lost car on curbs tried to stay fixed but we are in first laps so many cars on track someone avoid me but Anton Valle hit me,considering that it was my mistake sure no responsability for Anton him and I thogth hope no damage for him instead for me hard damage at rear suspension with no repair at box ( there was the strike?:D ), so I tried to do a lap but after 2 turns lost car so press esc.
Race 50mins not many words to say for second race but one word yes FANTASTIC:) great battles with Anton Valle and Cosimo Streppone nice clean challenges:thumbsup:
Congratulations all;)

PS.a consideration,
many drivers at end of races race1 specially, good level of pace with a large skill assortment if this is a preseason race It bodes well for the championship:D

Sorry Valerio, i could not avoid you in first race. my car was not damaged there, only the wheels...
The 50 min race was fantastic. Nice and fair fight with everybody, especially with Valerio.
i had a big mistake with my strategy, started the race with 45l + 40l in the pit stop, so i lost many time refuelling :(, but better it happen in practice race.
i´m wishing to start the season.
Great everybody :)

Was great fun to be in the fr3.5 again! Sadly I had no practice before the race evening, and had to sit the 2nd race out, but in first race I had some fun tight racing.

Server seemed to work well for everyone?

I watched the start laps of race 2. It looked like the reverse grid created some true opportunities for intense racing indeed. Would be interesting to hear everyones' opinions.

yup server will be up soon with a new track :)

Had a great night of racing, very exciting to see the turn out and the courtesy shown by everyone, really was a good advert for Presto :)

Qualifying - 1st

I managed a PB by quite a bit with the well rubbered in track, Kyran was breathing down my neck most of the session though :)

Race1 - Started decent enough and left plenty space into turn 1 because it looked like Kyran would overtake me but he backed out so I could go a normal line on exit, from there I stayed ahead by a thread for most of the race, pulled away slightly at the end. Really nice race from everyone.

Race2 - With reverese grid I started last and held back to stay out of trouble, I noticed the left side quite clear so stuck it down the outside and gained a few positions, into turn 3 and had a small incident with someone who was knocked off balance by the kerb, they spun in front of me and I hit them, car felt fine but when I pitted later I realised I'd recieved damage and the pit took 15 seconds to repair. Before this though I was involved in some good racing and passes that I show in the video. Once past Artyom I was off into the lead and ended up with a 40 second gap to second place, for me it was a really good start back to practise for the league, enjoyed every second of it :)

grats other podium places, grats all finishers, grats for the amount who turned up, grats to us all for the clean fun driving, grats to the guys who got lapped you all did very commendable jobs in dealing with it, and also grats Peter for the server and making sure everything worked :)

Q: P3 with PB :D

R1: All the race I was 1-2s seconds behind Kyran on P3.
In the very last corner we came in traffic,
then I was able to pass Kyran after slipstrem rigth before the finish with a 0:00:0032s gab :whistling:
So P2.
Sry Kyran, but I had a smile around the hole head :D

R2: Started well ...
Then, like often, my optimism was faster than my skill :D

In one of the races I hit someone after overtaking manouver, sry for that :)
In my mirrows objects apear more far than they are :whistling:

Grats to all :thumbsup:
Great to see so much racers :thumbsup:
Big fun :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the league races :thumbsup:
Thx to organizers :thumbsup:

Cyas
Martin

Apologies to Ayrtom in R1, we went thru a couple of corners together side by side, I seemed to be clear and to be OK to turn into next corner properly but we had a bump. I did not feel like I was overwhelmingly responsible at the time so I carried on, I made the fateful mistake of glancing away at time gaps to where you were, 4.1 secs down, and boom I was in the wall and out anyway! Must try not to glance at info any more in future :D

Tbh I was in front but I think I dabbed the brakes a little bit much going into that corner we had contact, sorry Ayrtom.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back