PrestoGP rFactor2 Help Thread

Steering torque minimum":0.08,
"Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",

thats the relevant line in the controller.json, it helps tighten up the centre of the wheel and takes away the mechanical deadzone, that setting is for my wheel g25 so youll need to find yours, up or down slightly and give it a try.

It's a good choice. Either the MSI Gaming or the ASUS Strix or the Gigabyte Windforce models will do. All 3 use excellent coolers. I have an Asus Strix 970 myself atm

The reason why I woudn't recommend the AMD's atm is not the performance with rf2, since they are actually performing like they should since a certain driver update last year. But it's the fact that these still use older much less energy efficient technology compared to the current NVIDIA's.

It isn't anything left you have set for gamepad ? Specifically for steering.

Like speed sensitive steering ? And set type to wheel etc instead of pad.

Only other things I can think of have you got both in game degrees and in profiler set to same thing ? Try different USB socket in rear of mobo.

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...-for-rFactor-2-The-key-to-being-in-the-Zone-D

This is the thread that explains the steering torque minimum that David mentioned, but this is just to take the play out of your wheels gear teeth etc this does make a good difference to feel from wheel although yours sounds like a separate problem.

on the ISI Forum you say it feels like a mechanical deadzone, this is why I mentioned torque minimum, if you find your correct setting it will take away that deadzone, my setting is 0.08, what you want is to set the torque minimum and test it by going to track, sit still in the pit, you want the wheel to oscillate (moves back and forth), once you have that start coming down the numbers until you get it just slightly under the point where it oscillates(side to side) this will mean the forces are acting close to the centre of the wheel and will take away that mechanical deadzone you feel.

Nobody can tell you the numbers to set it to, it's a wheel specific setting, I'd say start at 0.10 and work down in steps 0.09-0.08 and so on until you find the right balance.

Ok but are you sure it's the right order ? I mean,when I plugged my wheel for the 1st time I click on Detect to load the right .json file ( Logitech Driving Force GT USB) but after have modified some input I've save it as another name (DFGT), so which one I must delete ?
And how is the game supposed to create a new .json, I don't know how...

Steering torque minimum":0.08,
"Steering torque minimum#":"Minimum torque to apply in either direction to overcome steering wheel's 'FFB deadzone' caused by friction",

that's the relevant line in the controller.json, it helps tighten up the centre of the wheel and takes away the mechanical deadzone, that setting is for my wheel g25 so youll need to find yours, up or down slightly and give it a try.
my json file.jpg

just had a look at my json file for the first time.i have a g27 and thought I would try this but do I change the 0 to 0.08 at the top blue line in the pic or the one below it but theres no numbers in the one below it.now I know its all a preference thing but would still like to try it out.as I've never been that impressed with my wheel setup and ffb etc with rf2 tbh

So after more laps that afternoon I start to be more confident on the throttle and the steering, and more cautious on the brakes ! My PB on Melbourne is 1.35.xxx.
The pleasure increases laps after laps and I even think that the "deadzone issue" I have is part of the new sensations which I've never had before.
In fact the car do react when I slightly turn the wheel (but maybe not as I'd have wanted), and so I'm more used to all of that.
My footwork was of course very bad at the beginning :O_o: Much more accurate on that too.

PS: the steering torque value is now on...0.08 ! :laugh:

Hardware help for my 3 year old rig!

I seem to need some gfx card upgrade with 3 monitors support. My current GTX 570 just support 2 monitors simultaneously but is sufficient for that (not for max settings but enough) but when using the 3rd monitor on onboard intel HD 4000 chipset together with the software plugin SoftTH, I get fps drop from 100+ to around 60 (If I put a full screen web browser window over it :D ). Everything on lowest and auto fps at 60.

So I think the CPU, i5 3570K is enough. I just need a good enough gfx card with 3 monitor support.

What do you guys think? Could there be some hidden gfx settings to try?

Melbourne this Wednesday is going to be interesting - to adapt to one monitor and larger FOV takes time :(

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back