PrestoGP rFactor2 Help Thread

Yes Steeve the DRS is available for R3.5 and FISI just press the button once to activate, it will automatically de-activate on you touching the brake or pressing the button again.

Regards where it can be used, that's mainly track dependent i think, if the track has DRS zones built in then you can activate the DRS in those zones, if the track doesn't have zones then it can be used all the time:thumbsup:

Ok, need to work out a new control setup. Now the only 2 wheel buttons are bound to be right/left view. Any helping tips? :) (and no, I cant afford triple monitors ;))

I've never used left or right view for any driving game, way too distracting even when i was on 1x19in monitor, lots can happen in the split second it takes to click the button and then look back ahead. Use your mirrors more and peripheral vision, sound helps alot too when racing close, that would free up the button's on the wheel :)

could set the sequential shifter, back and forward for left and right I suppose if its really needed, but I'd have the DRS button as handy as possible.

just like real life steeve, if the track has working zones and your within 1 second of the guy in front at the DRS detection line then you can activate it when you cross the activation line.

if the track doesnt have zones built in you and the guy in front can use DRS at all times, hopefuuly the tracks we will use will have working zones and the DRS rules will be exactly the same as real F1.:thumbsup:

Lagging problem. I was in a Spa server today and i kept lagging so much it cost me like 3-4 sec per lap. My graphics are set as low as they can be can be and here is my config. My FPS range between 28 to 38 on track. Is there anything i can do? Or is it my computer that is not strong enough? Its so sad because i was about to begin liking this game...

Thanks

Edit: This is a laptop, wired on a 24inch screen via HDMI cable.
rfactor config.jpg

I update the nvidia driver and now its awfull :( i do 1 lap, it seems ok, then the lag is enormous. its like im going 25% of real speed. I made some seach and can't find something to fix that. tried many things..... i wish i knew what to do. Even buying a new card doesn't seem to fix problem for others.... damn that sucks! :(

definatly something going on.

the 540 is the weak point of your laptop by far but it should still run it, try rolling back drivers to what you had, if this doesnt work then reinstall of rf2 might help, failing that i dont know what else to try steeve, have you had a look through the isi forums?

definatly something going on.

I did re-install the game, i was not able to went back to original driver as i didn'T know what it was, but i tried a older build.... oh my that was worst idea ever. My games lost their color. I neede to do a system restore from 2 days agio to fix that. Glad it worked. :)

I loof at the isi forum, i see so many infos there, but still couldn't found was problem can be, except, laptop overheating. My laptop was already sitting on a fan device, but i realized i need a spacer to let flow the air correctly.

Now i had my first run at spa inrf2 and it seems to work. fingers crossed. I burn 25l of fuel and was able to do 2'00'6. When i was lagging, my best lap was like 2'07. I'll keep posting after a few more tries.

Thanks a lot David and Peter,

I've race online some 20 min race, with up to 15 drivers. Didi monza and A1-ring, in the 1992 f1 series. Was great fun, like this car.

Important point, no lag at all. I guess the overheating computer really was the big problem. Now i can try to add some graphics slowly. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%