PrestoGP Recruitment

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Hi guys,

If PrestoGP is going to survive we need to get racers in to bring our numbers back up, I dunno wether it's the mod we use, or if it's rFactor2 in general but there hasn't been the signups this season or activity in general that I expected with Rf2 moving to Steam, I hoped for a small influx of drivers who'd look for fun and fair racing instead of trying to get on public servers.

If anyone can help us advertise, recruit or just generally attract intrest towards us then it would be appreciated, we need to find a solution to this problem one way or another or PrestoGP might not have long left and none of us want that? I certainly don't but to keep motivation up to continue we really need something to happen.

Give ideas if you like on what could be causing our problems, also you can take it upon yourself to become a PrestoGP Recruitment officer and try bring faces in any way you can :)

1st: To me it seems that many racers only want to keep on racing in their respective leagues, generally with people only from their country. I see some german leagues, italian leagues. So this spread out the amount of drivers in too many different ways,
2nd: I don't see many servers with the ASR 1,81 car. So maybe this one has not caught the interest just as much as the ASR 1,70 did. I spoke with at least 4-5 guys who'd like to race the 1,70 but hate the 1,81.
3rd: there are many other plateform which also spread out drivers. But nothing we can do about it.
4th: Some comment i had from guys who raced a few races in PrestoGP is they don't like to have a pit speed limit without any black flags.
5th: Not to forget, some Reik, Nicolai, Jim, Bob's, Vince, others i forget, would probably continue with race07 but didn't made the jump to RF2 for different reasons.
6th: I think server bugs in season 14 contribute a lot to lose some new comers. Once burned, you flea the fire.

That's all the things i have in mind that contribute to have a low amount of drivers...

What are you guys thinking?

Thanks for your input Steeve :)

1. I agree 100%

2. I don't think we plan on using an older version now as we might not be using ASR next season, the only way I'd consider going back to an older version is if we had guarentees that everyone who races now would still race and that we had new drivers coming who would stick around.

3. I agree 100% (I still feel we picked the best sim by far though)

4. I dont see how anyone wouldnt come back due to this, the safety issues with having the pit speed limit far outweigh the benefits of it being off, I can only imagine the carnage in the pit lane if we all went in full speed like R07 :confused:

5. I'd love for all of the past guys you mentioned to come back, but thats very doubtfull now, I've had no contact with Nicolai since he disappeard, he doesnt return messages, Reik I think has moved on to GSCE or somthing like that, the Bob's, well we had one reappear for last race (Thanks Bob L), Vince has said he's trying to get back to us, Jim I will message and see how he is, see what his plans are.

6. I agree 100% ( now that server problems have been sorted for a while I'd hoped more more see this and come back)

Last edited:
Thanks for your comment David.

Point #2: I agree it's not a "normal" idea to comeback to an old version and i don't say more drivers would really be racing if it was 1,70, i heard they don't like the 1,81 at all, and "probably" they'd join if it was 1,70. And I also agree chances are that next season would be another car.... It's sad that today's F1 have such an horrible sound compare to 1992 :)

Point # 4: The point is not to have no speed limit in pitlane, but to have black flags for not respecting it.

I wish i had good idea's on how i could advertise PrestoGP but i don't :(

Hi, I posted in general discussion this morning but just found this thread so I'll repost it here...

Hi, my name is Connor Sesto and I'm looking to join the league. I have about 3 years of sim experience mostly racing in iracing although I also drive many other sims. I've been looking for a good open wheel series for rfactor for quite some time now so if there are any positions available I would be eager to join (I hope this is the right place to post). Also I would be able to make the race in the next couple days.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.4%