PrestoGP Practise Race Interlagos Wed 18th Feb

I think we need another test race and quickly to iron out the issues. I don't think it's a build bug as I jumped into the vec server shortly after dropping connection here and it was fine. 20 players, same build and no issues. Veeerrry strange.

Thanks for sticking with it and giving it a bash tho

Sorry i leave at 22:30 CET as it was way too late to finish the race at 23:30 but it seems you guys enjoyed this race! Well, about this bug, i've never experienced this in any simracing games i played. But we have to see the good side for yesterday's test race, and the good point is that there were good racing and many drivers compared to previous races! Will try to do the race, if you do another next week ! Grats to all drivers!

The same was for me - a certain other half gets annoyed enough by me being up 1,5h later than ordinary ;) Fun to hear there were some fun racing after all! Impressive stamina @David Turnbull !

I think we need another test race and quickly to iron out the issues. I don't think it's a build bug as I jumped into the vec server shortly after dropping connection here and it was fine. 20 players, same build and no issues. Veeerrry strange.

Thanks for sticking with it and giving it a bash tho

As said, I dwelled on this during sleep :) From what I've learnt in my computer science courses and as IT-technician, I can see some reasons:
1. Possible build issue - we were doing fine until the several practice restarts if I got the picture? Logically that says it then less likely matter if 20 players worked at other servers. Maybe we have found a bug that not many will. Maybe a difference in how the application handles connections being made/shut during session switches. Like with memory leakage, the same can be with connections, triggering thresholds for buffer overrun/maximum connection capacity at different application levels (rf being one, windows, router, ...)
2. Router issue - would be interesting to view router logs. Some explanations could be gotten about whenever a single TCP/UDP connection drops. Was the server in DMZ mode at some point?
3. Ive got the not so well informed picture that rf2 is rather sensitive when it comes to correctly set up bandwiths. @Gijs van Elderen seems to have lots of insights?
4. Certain drivers livery or something whole else causing this

We seem to have people with connections to ISI's staff (through @Gijs van Elderen perhaps?) that could help us get a solution/answer at least? Maybe in a less time consuming way.

We could try to run a test race at my dedicated box if that would be interesting.

Im eager to find a solution to this. Finally some real life practice of years of college studies. Could be my masters degree project! :geek:

Artyon I side swiped you at T2 slid into you and you lost a place sorry for that but I got the lost connection at end of lap 14 was a good night tbh should be a great season even if I'm at the back:)
Martin, I also lost left front suspension there)) .... but you almost called me Ayrton) so NP mate ) In general racing was really good yesterday. I'm sure the problem is solved till next race and we have much fun) Thanx everyone)

I've asked Gijs for help on this as I'm totally lost with this problem, nothing has changed except a build update, everything is exactly the same as when its been working fine before, weve all been using the servers for weeks now and no problems at all.

what do we have so far then.....

build 930 bug
router problem
bandwidth problem
skipping back to practise after last practise start with pit
Tim joining (initially, happened loads more later though)
Gijs sending a virtual ride

anything else we can think of?

I will try all I can to get this sorted but tonight our new dedi server should be online and I'll try iron any bugs out before it gets servers put on it.

Martin, I also lost left front suspension there)) .... but you almost called me Ayrton) so NP mate ) In general racing was really good yesterday. I'm sure the problem is solved till next race and we have much fun) Thanx everyone)
O sorry again I had no damage but was my first ever race in rf2 I badly need setup changes as the rear is very loose.i actually lost the rear totally at one point and took out a big advertising board and flat spotted all four tyres lol.then my wheel was vibrating realy bad lol sorry for that Sean I think you were behind me

Hats off to David for sticking with it :thumbsup:

Race started good and I am near the front - and my pace seems good! Something smelt a bit whiffy, this is not normal, but I just concentrate on the car in front then I realise - random grid! All the fast guys are behind me :confused:! And David is in my mirrors, it's time to dig deep but no! Connection lost.... Thx all see you next time.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 290 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 195 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 251 13.3%