1. David Turnbull
2. Sean Greenlaw
3. April Dillon
4. Dan Baker
5. Bob Miley
6. James Early
7. Valerio Vinassa
8. Dino Paolini
9. Peter Decker (if in sync with a lab assignment)
10. Steve Combey
11. Richard Hill
12. Nicolas Rouge
13. Jonathan Holmes
14. Sam Jones
15. Tim McIver
16. Martin Floeck
17. Martin Oconner

Not 100% sure but lasted OK earlier edit over 30 mins and that was higher cambers, best way to know though is to do stint as your own driving makes a difference, q to race driving style differs to to help wear.
6th maybe OK in race without full drs use or might be to short, rad 3 and more brake ducts to prob but 2 rad did last 30 mins OK. It was only 6/7 degrees away from Max recommended temp I think and a lot higher than optimal temp though.

Checkout carstats rf2, small programming shows you all info on cars:thumbsup:

I think servers still older build so hold off atm if most people have already updated and no problems we all will probably update then. Something to think about if happens before league race though.

Hi all,

I resisted the temptation to update but I suspect Jason won't have been the only one who succumbed! We should decide one way or the other real soon to allow people time to get it sorted.
In preparing for the race I have come up with a couple questions I hope someone can help me with...

Pit Stops - How come I can only select one stop with the Formula Renault? Can I just stop twice anyway? Do we have any idea what are the reasonable strategies? How am I meant to know when i can leave the pit box? What is our policy on pit lane speed limit? It seems that the limit line is not all that clear.

DRS - I presume we can use it at any point in the Q lap?

Radiator and Brake Ducts - Can someone suggest a reasonable value? I've been using Sean's setups (thanks Sean) but am wondering what adjustments I will need to make for the race.

Thanks to whoever takes the time to answer my questions! Looking forward to getting back on the track with Presto.

Tim.

I updated and tested it intensively last evening, and saw no issue with it. Tire model is less forgiving concerning flat spots with this update, that's the only big difference with the modified UI which is much better (except for the brake bias setting location). I can install back the 910 build if everyone agrees to keep that version, no problem.

Now about Tim questions :
- pit stop : you should be able to stop any number of time, but I think everyone will stop once for tire (or even not at all since after 30min the tires wear is often more than 70%). Not sure if not stopping at all is better, depends on how aggressive you are. No indication on when you can leave the pit box, just keep the 1st gear and accelerate 1-2 seconds before the expected pit duration, you'll leave as soon as possible. And pit line speed will be limited, you can test with flag rule enabled to check if you're correct. We agreed on that since no longer ghost car like in race07 : it's safer that way.
- DRS : don't know, i suppose you can use it whenever you want in Q, it has only real effect in straight when you're fast and dangerous in quick turns..
- Rad + Brake duct : I use 5 rad since I saw in carstat that optimal oil temp is 90 / max is 119. With rad 5 oil temp is between 100 and 105, that's good enough for me. Brake is 20% closed for me, maybe 30% or 40% should be good I think, but depends on how you brake I think. Optimal temp for brakes are 350-600 in carstat if I remember.

Useful info guys! I also wonder about the pit stop settings in the standard gui box (dont know about any UI difference there in new build?) where wheels, tyre pressures, front wing can be adjusted if I remember correctly - I cant find a way to adjust fueling amount in that box. Please help :)

Useful info guys! I also wonder about the pit stop settings in the standard gui box (dont know about any UI difference there in new build?) where wheels, tyre pressures, front wing can be adjusted if I remember correctly - I cant find a way to adjust fueling amount in that box. Please help :)

Since refueling is not supposed by be activated in the first place with this car, everything regarding that is kinda buggy here. The refueling option in the garage is activated by mistake in the first place, that's why you see no option to refuel in the pit-menu on the track.
I for one will try to always start with the complete fuel-amount and not have to rely on the buggy refueling ever. Unless it turns out I would just screw myself this way strategywise, then I have to rething that unfortunatly. I hope not, since then we would have stuff like falsly refueling your car when having to do a repairstop and all that crap.

The amount of fuel you set in your pitstop will be refilled every time you make a pitstop, no matter if it's 1 or 3 or 7. That's why the defualt setup is set to "+0" because it is supposed to not refill you.

About radiators: Rad 3 or 4 for engine is working. Whatever keeps you under the overheating mark (yellow engine temps in trackmap-plugin indicate the start of overheating).
Interlagos with 29° air temp seems to barely work with rad3. 4 is safe everywhere under default temps.

Brakes: I usually use ~30% closed, depends on the track and how many hard braking zones it has.

Most proper drs-tracks should have the DRS only working in the drs-zone(s) during all sessions. I don't know if that is a setting in the track itself or where it exactly is.
In the case of Interlagos here it's free to use everywhere you want in q, but in the race it is open only in the one DRS zone which starts somewhere in the middle of the s/f straight.

There's also a setting in player file that either tops up fuel to the amount you wanted or adds the amount you selected.

So say fuel use was 5 litres per lap and you plan was 1 stop 50 50 litres just for example and to make it easy to count.
So the plan changes you stop lap early and come in for fuel so you had 5 in tank default setting will top you up to 50 so adding 45, changed setting it would add the 50 you wanted.

The default setting would work great if always stopped on planned pit lap, or if you had used less fuel during race it would save time etc during pitstop or if was wet race and used less fuel etc there would be the advantage. Obviously you cant decide to pit early using this setting though.

"Relative Fuel Strategy":true,
"Relative Fuel Strategy#":"Show how much fuel to ADD, rather than how much TOTAL fuel to fill the tank up to (note: new default is true)",

This caught me out few years ago racing with rf1 pitting lap early. Dino do you think some of the bugs you have noticed could have been caused by this ?

This caught me out few years ago racing with rf1 pitting lap early. Dino do you think some of the bugs you have noticed could have been caused by this ?

Buggy is almost the wrong term here, it's just an error at the side of ISI to have the pitstop menu in the garage activated. They made it in the FR2010 mod and unfortunatly carried it over to the 2014 version.
The cars where refueling is normal like the Indy Car can set multiple different pitstops in the garage already and you can change your fuel in the incar pit-menu like you please.
Cars where it shoudn't work like the F1 car simply have the setting in the garage greyed out.

The fuel startegy thing is at default for how much fuel you like to add. The other option is just for drivers who want to calculate that differently.

1. David Turnbull
2. Sean Greenlaw
3. April Dillon
4. Dan Baker
5. Bob Miley
6. James Early
7. Valerio Vinassa
8. Dino Paolini
9. Peter Decker (if in sync with a lab assignment)
10. Steve Combey
11. Richard Hill
12. Nicolas Rouge
13. Jonathan Holmes
14. Sam Jones
15. Tim McIver
16. Martin Floeck
17. Martin Oconner
18. Artyom Aslamazyan

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes