PrestoGP Off Season Fun Events

I think coming out reverse Nords would be fine as long as we have a check on anyone coming.

Of course checking with track map enabled. In the first place my question aimed for hot lapping, so you should know where those one or two other guys are atm, if there's anyone else on the Server.

Haven't thought about handling it in the main event's qualy. Could be thought about later...

Well, if champion and vice champion say so......

Here's the vid and (not) my setup. The setup is very much Davids one. I tryed with an own one, which was alway tricky to handle. Then I tryed Davids and it felt great. Very much grip and great in turn in behaviour. Only a few small tweaks to suit me, a little more wing and shorter gears. I'm curious how much can be gained. I felt very much at the limit here and there. Playing with some curbs is fun. Maybe smoother is quicker in some places...

Attachments

• R-David-2014-b.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 248
Definitely we should use the backwards pit entry, otherwise it's going to take 12 minutes to get one hotlap in. And of course that means one has to be absolutely certain no one is approaching the last turns while you do drive in reverse direction. It's been agreed practice even in the public servers since GTR Evo was released.

What sort of wings are you guys using, i want to try to make my own setup first before "ruining" it and by ruin i mean, i'll most likely switch to generally used setup as they usually work the best anyway.. But one has to learn someday.. And due to recent excellent news, i don't know how much time i have for racing for next season, uncertain if i can attend all races. I'll better have as much fun now as i can. And it's pretty hard to keep quiet about it but i've signed those "shut my mouth" papers just yesterday so... keep your fingers crossed.

Last edited:
My posted Setup has wings 14/14. I did nearly same good lap time with wings around 17 and same gears. David is same fast with wings 13/11 and therefore can make 6th gear longer. No clue what's best atm but I think the long 6th gear requires for some big compromises in the gear setup so I feel I'll stick with the shorter 6th and wings around 13 - 16.

If Germany doesn't need extra time to get thrown out of the championship tonight, chances are good that I might be on the server one or one and a half hour before the Brasilian match starts. Just in case someone likes to join....

This track is so much fun to drive even if you're only driving against the clock. So I had another run and tryed to record a good lap live. After a few atempts it resulted in a new PB. Lap felt pretty good. Only missed a few hundreds (tenths?) by completely missing the apex of the right hander before the loooong uphill straight.

In the process of setup development I made rear springs harder to not bounce too much and have even more push through the corners. To compensate tail happiness a bit I changed rear toe from negative to positive value (not sure if that makes sense but felt better :) )

Attachments

• R-David-2014-c.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 212
sorry ive been making the most of the decent weather weve been having in scotland, not had alot of time to play anything, hoping to find some time soon to try get close to reiks nords time, its a good one :thumbsup: will try get on tonight for an hour or two.

will start finding dates too for the nords race, then whatever else we are doing in the off season, i think most will be the same though, having fun and lapping up the sunshine, its summertime!! :D

6:12.. and everyone voted for race. It's good for publicity to keep it like this thou. I can probably lose 5 seconds and that's about it. But it requires taking more risks, like not lifting thru Flugplatz and Mutkurve, the former is about ok but latter isn't; i still take it on fifth gear limiter.. I just know from experience that you rather lose 5 seconds than take it five seconds too fast, as you will die.

Softened the fast suspension rates from the rear, didn't feel comfortable with no rear ARB so put the minimum back (negative toe in changed to positive to counter that), raised locks and rear wing. Tad harder springs, more on the rear to cope with new dampers and aero. It could be wise to put 0.3-0.5 packers so it wouldn't bottom out so hard (that's what they are there for, if the car bottoms out, even 0.1 is better than zero... ; ) They are after all just rubber blocks at the end of suspension travel range anyway, if you can do with out it's the best but in Nords, i could easily imagine better predictability when body hits the pavement (didn't test it)... I don't think there has been other tracks in our regular calendar where they were ever needed but Green Hell.. is different.

Davids original setup felt too risky, kept losing the rear on fast turns. Don't know how you keep it on road.. That one click to rear wing pretty much fixed it, might be worth to try it (for comfortability, not for pace...), did that on our race 2. Pretty much didn't need to do any other changes, they are also for my comfort, the car felt faster like it was.

5.56.2 but trying to get time to practise on the server is near enough impossible, constantly wanting to forward to races even though theres only 3-4 folk on server, drive a lap then vote again arghhhh annoying, will probably do rest of my practise offline.

There's no plan yet. I suggest to throw in ideas for date and Format here and maybe finally have a vote or a simple call by you or David(?).

My ideas:

date:
- any wednesday at prestoGP time is fine for me

format:
- 15 mins super pole (should be enough for one crusing lap and one timed)
- 2 races each 4 laps with reversed grid for race 2

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back