PrestoGP Fun Race - Renault3.5@Toban Wed 27th April

DRS usage with the FR3.5 was free to use every were, but it was
So it appears we can use DRS everywhere, even during race sessions... Are we gonna run with that, can it be disabled on the server, or are we just gonna call a truce on not using it? :p

It requires to make a new Vmod with a custom rfm file. 6 = DRS allowed during practice and quali... :)

RearFlapZoneSessions=6 // allowed sessions, added together (1=test, 2=practice, 4=qualifying, 8=warmup, 16=race)

1. David Turnbull
2. April Dillon
3. Sten-Ake Svensson
4. Nicolas Rouge
5. Steve Combey
6. Valerio Vinassa
7. Kennett Ylitalo
8. Martin Floeck
9. Anton Valle Gonzalez
10. Francisco Valle Gonzalez

It's not ~40min to session start, not my fault but i can only now go to get groceries etc. Most likely can't make it in time, need to visit family too.. been waiting all day to do those.. well.. i'll try to hurry.

Good fun guys, fell in love with Toban, loved the fast flowing nature of the track and the Renault3.5 felt great on it.

Qualifying went well and first race too. Second race I made too many mistakes then blew my engine up trying to catch Steve who himself blew up trying to stay in front, adds a little extra having to worry about ducts and rad again as with ASR we just go with qualifying cooling.

thanks for turning up guys, see you at the next race :)

I didn't really like this combo personally. The low maintenance standards of Toban have always been one of its defining characteristics, even back in rF1. And that's very fun, and the layouts are great, but... I don't think it's right for the FR3.5 which throws a major wobbly the instant roads get bumpy.

But on the bright side, remember when we last used the FR3.5 and I was complaining about the car making no sense to me as I drove it, bad FFB, etc.? Well, that's all in the past now. For some reason turning the 'spring' effect on my wheel to 0 transformed it radically. It didn't feel like there was this obtrusive centering spring in effect, and I just got plain old self-neutralizing torque like normal. Hell, I even liked the default caster and didn't max it out!

Shame we're skipping the FISI, I would have liked to see how that car is. But I'm looking forward to driving the FR3.5 in anger again. :D

no massive secret to my pace at toban martin, id have drs on the straight, turn off into turn 1, turn back on at turn 3 and use it until the hairpin right at the bottom of the hill, then id use it on every small straight from there, the setup i used was for melbourne back when we first used r3.5, i think if you went back and tried it again but used drs every chance you got then youd be very close or better than my times, remember too the amount of rubber that was down was massive :)

and...... I only won like 2 races in 2 seasons with r3.5, dino and artyom, sean too when practising, peter too were all around the same pace as me but probably much more consistant than me, dont give up, you could well be the guy winning all the races with some practise :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back