PrestoGP Fun Race - Renault3.5@COTA Wed 18th May

Really sorry guys but I have to miss this race :(, I very rarely miss races if I sign up to them but it just can't be helped this time, I have too many things to do today. See you next time.

Thanks for letting me take part in this one apologies for dropping out.

I've recently gone over to the STEAM version of the game and spent some time getting the game to work with my rather ancient F1 wheel (2000 F1 Wheel by Thrustmaster).

Unfortunately when I went into the server to join you everything was lost. The car was totally undriveable, trying to make it round one corner was hard work.

Really sorry for wasting everyone's time, it's a great hobby but when you get all these technical problems I do wonder why I even bother! lol

After I left I saw all the steering options were wrong, FFB was off, steering angle was set wrong, etc, etc.

Apologies for speaking during qualifying, a bit bad of me. Just angry with myself I think.

Hope you all had a good race :)

what say 2 nice race .For Quali I did my pb and in R1 meet Artyom,Martin and for long time Nicolas the meetings were not friendly:D
R2 one lap and half like leader, the first,:) then Daniel pass me and in slipstream Artyom, David just in turn with an wheel to wheel then is come Martin and is started an huge fight about until end race when Nicolas was close to me in last laps.

Congratulations to all :thumbsup:

good races everyone, was a lot of fun :)

qualifying was good, managed a pb by quite a bit, was close with daniel.

race 1 started badly and lost p1 to daniel and then couldnt catch at all due to having too high a wing, on the straight alone i was loosing upto .4 sometimes, ultra consistant from daniel though and well deserved win.

race 2 daniel distracted me a bit with a question with 2 seconds left, with replying then getting on the grid i messed up the start and wasnt even in gear lol wasnt a biggy as it was reverse grid and i could brake a bit later as everyone was bunched up, a few passes and mistakes later and i was upto 2nd behind daniel with a gap that was ever increasing, again daniel takes a well deserved win.

shouldve switched to a lower downforce setup after qualifying or at least changed my 6th gear but you live and learn and both races were fun so job done :)

see you all at the next race.

Upgraded to steam last Sunday and had no issue. Just grab your old controller file and other settings (I used to compare setting files after each version upgrade) and it should work fine.

Sorry I saw this but forgot to reply.

Thanks for the tip Nicolas.

I'm not 100% sure but as my wheel is an old type 220 degree wheel it seems that sometimes it's very tough to get the wheel working properly. It's a constant case of playing with the control settings and the setup on the car but last night I just couldn't it right at all.

The wheel has no profile program or has "Control Panel" settings so it's way behind some of the others.

The only game where the steering works really well for me is Raceroom. Whether it's the way it calibrates the wheel or the way the FFB works I don't know. Nicely weighted and generates good FFB. I can tell what the front wheels are doing.

In RF2 the FFB tends to go from heavy to nothing all over the track so it makes life tricky sometimes.

I did copy over the file as you suggested but the steering is still very lifeless, I just need to work on it.

I do want to upgrade at some point but with other costs at home that just isn't possible at the moment.

Q: Was hard to find rhythm&speed.
Car felt like a hoover craft :D
E.g. do not "feel" when I`m loosing the rear at all :confused:
Need to solve this ...

R1: Same as Q.
Used the time off after my knock out to watch Daniel`s and David`s driving :geek:

R2: Better.
Tried to change some setting to have a better response from FFB, worked a bit.
Also changed driving style around apex (like Daniel`s and David`s driving looked to me).
Looked to me they more "roll" through apex ...
I allways tried to brake till apex and then throttle (so allways brake or throttle).
But it worked much better without or allmost without pedal work through apex.
Also had a nice battle with Valerio over some laps :thumbsup:
But Valerio please be more aggressive (at least to me) :D:D:D

Grats to all :)
Martin

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back