PrestoGP Fun Race - Flat6 @ Castle Combe, 31st Jan

1. David Turnbull
2. Valerio Vinassa
3. Martin Floeck
4. Rikard Hedlund
5. Mario Marquez
6. John Melichar

Btw, I changed my name to John on RD now :D

Also, the new version does not have auto blip any more! So you will need to blip the throttle when you downshift!
(You don't need to use the clutch in rfactor, this will make it easier :ninja:)

Last edited:
Yeah its like a club race but will be mostly PrestoGP members, that doesnt stop anyone else signing up though :)

your more then welcome to join, our server is up called PrestoGP Fun Race.

If youd like to join in just copy and paste the list and add your name to it :)

Just in case someone is not aware (I don't know if people from the Presto GP community use the rest of this website in general), last Friday RaceDepartment had an event with the Flat6, after a long break from using this mod:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/flat6-series-silverstone-fri-26jan18.146149/

It might have been the hype of the recent updates, who knows, but the grid was packed! We did 3 races because people were enjoying it so much - we must have been close to 40 drivers on the first one :confused:

So it was a blast, as you can imagine! I was wondering if you would like to fill up the grid with more drivers from RD that might not be aware that this event is happening? I'm sure we could get a good bunch :)

EDIT: @David Turnbull, should we shout out to the other side? RD is also having a Flat6 event on Friday at Road Atlanta, we could let them know there:

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/flat6-series-road-atlanta-fri-02feb18.146434/

Last edited:
we cant advertise this on other sections of the forum mate, we run this on our own server and are not a subscription based league, RD kindly gives us a section to use here on the forum so it would be unkind of us to advertise free races when to enter club races you need to subscribe.

if you have some friends that you know would be intrested then you could PM then I suppose or talk to them outside of RD but as for advertising our races outside the PrestoGP section then its not possible I'm affraid :thumbsup:

Sorry I have forgotten the race settings.. was it x2 fuel and/or x2 tire wear? It's just a 20 min race but I think this car have quite serious tire wear.. x2 tire wear would probably mean a pitstop for me :laugh:

I don't feel like I'm very fast nowadays, this car was really hard to drive with good consistency for me, and I'm always ending up with flat spots.. I'm allergic to flat spots :cautious:

Btw, wasn't it possible to enable auto blip in the player.JSON before? I think some guys enabled it for the historic F1 cars some years ago but maybe they've made that impossible now? Well that's fine, I need to practice heel n toe if I'm ever gonna get good with the historics again :rolleyes:

Sorry I have forgotten the race settings.. was it x2 fuel and/or x2 tire wear? It's just a 20 min race but I think this car have quite serious tire wear.. x2 tire wear would probably mean a pitstop for me :laugh:

I don't feel like I'm very fast nowadays, this car was really hard to drive with good consistency for me, and I'm always ending up with flat spots.. I'm allergic to flat spots :cautious:

Btw, wasn't it possible to enable auto blip in the player.JSON before? I think some guys enabled it for the historic F1 cars some years ago but maybe they've made that impossible now? Well that's fine, I need to practice heel n toe if I'm ever gonna get good with the historics again :rolleyes:
Yea. Auto-blip has been removed by the mod creators, as the car does not have that feature in real life.
Also I think, it is really hard to drive on the limit I think, either you rev too little when downshifting or you lock your brakes, what I did was to put down the brake pressure a lot.
Regarding your speed @Hedlund, you still hold the fastest time on the server. ;)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 410 40.0%