Presidential Election: 2012

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Curious to hear from our American members. Who is your favorite and why?

Reluctantly submitted:
I'm not a member of either party, I'm looking for someone that can bring budgetary restraint that also provides for peoples needs. He has to be able to [and this is a tough one] bring about a feeling that it's ok to pay taxes, that they're being used wisely.

I don't want to hear stories about how they're going to improve the economy and make jobs. Not his job, can't do it anyway.

Not that in reality there are two parties. They are the same except the colors basically.

Edit: To bad the Americans don´t see the message Ron Paul is putting out. ¨
He would end all the bullshit that´s going on in one night.

I disagree; Libertarianism has outlived its usefulness. I think Ron Paul is good because of foreign policy and maybe the Federal Reserve, but, he is also going to cut every Deparment and social service. Even worse, the markets will be completely unregulated.

I don't want to vote, but, if a thinking individual like me does not do such, I am only contributing to the inevitability of a GOP/Tea Party victory.

I'm going for Obama and it's a shame some people try to blame him for everything. Here's a fact: no one can cure the economy overnight or even 4 years. For the most part there's nothing a President, or any leader for that matter, can do for the economy because it must run its natural course. Republicans must also remember the person responsible for making this mess, Bush (Rep), and the last person to take the U.S.A. out of debt was Clinton (Dem) after the first Bush (Rep) put them in debt. Republicans don't really have a good track record when dealing with the economy in the last 20-30 years.

ObamaCare is one of his main selling points to me. Avoidable healthcare for all is something the U.S.A. has being missing for a long time as "the best country in the world" so they say. I read an article on CNN the other day (can't find link now) and it said something along the lines healthcare is currently wasting $950 billion a year in fraud and incorrect practices as well as other things. It goes on to say that cuts and small changes here and there won't be enough to cut the deficit if they're still loosing nearly 1 trillion dollars a year and that a total reform will have to come.

My favourite moment of the whole campaign is when Rick Santorum called Obama a snob for wanting to give everyone an opportunity to go to college. Funniest thing I heard in a while.

On a completely different note, I'm disappointing Chris Christie didn't decide to run for President. Even though I'm a Democrat this guy has done some great things and is loved by a lot of people on both parties. The only thing that holds me back a bit is that he is against gay marriage, but to my knowledge he is only against it, he has no plans of banning it which I can live with as everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I disagree; Libertarianism has outlived its usefulness. I think Ron Paul is good because of foreign policy and maybe the Federal Reserve, but, he is also going to cut every Deparment and social service. Even worse, the markets will be completely unregulated.

I don't want to vote, but, if a thinking individual like me does not do such, I am only contributing to the inevitability of a GOP/Tea Party victory.
Hmm... cutting down on social services or have a terrorist war machine that for every day tries to take over the world in the name of "freedom".

Or better yet, cutting departments i.e. getting rid of the massive Government or let bankers rule the world while they continue to take away your freedom with new bills every week.

There´s a reason why media has ignored him.
It´s because he´s the only guy that will bring change. real change. real freedom.

Obama or Romney - doesn´t matter who wins,
if Obama wins, everything continues as it is today.
If Romney wins, same deal.

Ron Paul has said the same things for 20 years, and people still won´t listen.
The only honest politician around.

Edit: Had they listened to him they would have "found" Bin Laden much earlier.
One of the few that said he was probably in Pakistan.

Now that was a tough guess :)
So hard that they went chasing guys in pyjamas in the mountains in Afghanistan for 10 years straight :)
Next to a military airbase in a nice flush building as well. So low-key that Bin Laden guy :)
That´s also a lesson to all the dictators around the world.
Don´t go hide in a hole in the ground (Hussein) or in a sewer or wherever they found Gaddaffi.
Just buy a nice flat completely open next to a military base and you are safe for a while ;)

There's just too much greed here, no sense of community. The guys that run most of the big companies here would sell their families into slavery if the price was right.

Also there's no focus on education here, ignorance runs rampant. Plus those of us that want to go to college are having huge problems affording it.

Uneducated people make terrible choices when it comes to spending their money. People still haven't caught on to the fact that buying stuff at walmart (just an example) means local stores go out of business, which means more unemployment.

The people at the top want people to stay uneducated and unskilled. They don't want competition for their job.

These people at the top are the ones that bank roll the senate and presidential candidates. The people vote in the end but we only choose what they've chosen for us.

Ron Paul couldn't change anything anymore than Obama could. Republican senators are deliberately causing a stale mate, voting down things that they believe in just to make it look like Obama is useless. I mean who does that!? they're supposed to have the best interest of the country and it's people at heart. In truth they're only interested in money and the guys that give them the money would move to china before paying more taxes.

the USA is in an awful state right now.

To answer OP, I have no favorite but i'll vote for Obama

Did you know that the top 400 richest people in US have the same wealth as the poorest 150 million people?

And did you know that after the financial crash, the richer got even richer, and the poorer got even poorer?

As if it´s a rigged game.

Yeah that one I knew off :) Big big "surprise" as of course extrapolation is completely new to geology lol :)

Don´t forget the poppy fields.
That´s a multi billion dollar business right there.

100323-afghanPoppy-hmed-532p.grid-6x2.jpg

One of my university lecturers told me about something from his Afghanistan trip. He said "nearly every 5 or 10 minutes, an airplane lands and takes off from the USA military base".

And if you think they don´t deal with this sort of stuff it will be very hard to explain why CIA crash landed a plane with 4 tonnes of Cocaine
Now, i wonder what are they carrying :rolleyes: hmm.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegations_of_CIA_drug_trafficking

The CIA supported various Afghan rebel commanders, such as Mujahideen leaderGulbuddin Hekmatyar, who were fighting against the government ofAfghanistanand the forces of theSoviet Unionwhich were its supporters.[3]Historian Alfred W. McCoy stated that:[4]
"In most cases, the CIA's role involved various forms of complicity, tolerance or studied ignorance about the trade, not any direct culpability in the actual trafficking ... [t]he CIA did not handle heroin, but it did provide itsdrug lordallies with transport, arms, and political protection. In sum, the CIA's role in the Southeast Asian heroin trade involved indirect complicity rather than direct culpability."
In order to provide covert funds for the Kuomintang (KMT) forces loyal to General Chiang Kai-shek, who were fighting the Chinese communists under Mao Zedong, the CIA helped the KMT smuggle opium from China and Burma to Bangkok, Thailand, by providing airplanes owned by one of their front businesses, Air America.[5][6]
The CIA, in spite of objections from the Drug Enforcement Administration, allowed at least one ton of nearly pure cocaine to be shipped into Miami International Airport. The CIA claimed to have done this as a way of gathering information about Colombian drug cartels, but the cocaine ended up being sold on the street.[28]

Miami is essentially built by drugs. Why fight it when you can get a piece of the cake.
I don´t think anyone thinks CIA simply "helped" these people for free.

I think the "War on Drugs" is as much of a farce as the "War on Terror"

I'm not a slave to any party. I simply want a guy who will try his best and won't start WW3 to prove he has gonads.
The future looks very uncertain for average, middle-class American.
While I don't advocate taking people's wealth and giving it away, I think we need to take a long, hard and closer look at those who are wealthy simply to see if they are fair in business.
If a company hires a worker, he/she should be properly compensated to reflect our cost of living...not China's or some other country outside our borders If a CEO is getting big bonuses for cutting staff and putting folks out of work, then something is definately wrong..
I think the government and citizens are going to have to get tough and send a message (by not supporting companies who offshore their jobs). When the President bends over backward to accomodate a company and then ask the CEO when he's bringing the jobs back...and said CEO says "never Mr. President". It's time to boycott his products.
As to war... The only war we should be fighting right now is the "war on decency". Our basic problems stem from greed and an unwillingness to help the other guy whose down and out.
For years, we 'cried' about not having affordable healthcare and the insurance industry taking advantage and bankrupting us when we had a medical emergency. The president tried to get a bill to reduce that. He was forced to give up thing which would have benefitted the average patient....and yet, folks swallowed HL&S, all the 'crap' fed to them. Now I'm hearing average 'Joes' saying "It'll make me pay for somebody else. I don't want it."
What they don't realize is that they're one paycheck from being the guy they're complaining about. It's ironic.

romney1.jpg

@Terry Rock, this man knows how to solve all problems in the US, especially for lower and middle class people.:p

Regards,
Pinocchio.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%