RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualified 10th, tbh, never felt very confortable with the setup, despite
like so much this track.
Start went well, managed to follow the front runners, but after 4th lap, i began to loose a few hundredth for them. By then i was in 8th place.
Had a 1st great fight with David,he always got bumper to bumper at
the fast sections and i only could breath at the sinuous sections, where
i was able to put a tiny gap.:fencing:
At this time i was in 6th. :woot:
Then on the downhill right corner happened the tap :help: (no problem mate, i know perfectly well it was unintentional), lost a couple of places
and a bit of time exiting the sand trap. :ohwell:
Rejoin, fortunately no problems with the car. This part of the race was animated with the batlle with Yves. 30 minutes to the end,
i went for the pit stop and here i made the first 2 mistakes:
1- only selected front tires change.
2- lost about 10 seconds to put the engine back to work. :rant:

Back to race at 11th and on the first and second time out i did the
very same mistake at the very same uphill chicane, due to not changed the rear tires, when i braked, lost the rear back and spun. :hurt:

Untill the end i had to brake 10 meters back to avoid another spin performance. :mmph:

then was sweating, trying to keep honest and fair with another fair scrapp with Dietmar. Another great fight mate. :thumb:

Dietmar went wide somewhere and i managed to overtook him, then he
was on my rear untill the end very very close as we were at Thermalito
last week - DEJÁ VU.
Finish (again) :rolleyes: in 9th (don´t you hate finish 9th too?) :faint2:

Congrats for your win Ben :first:

Thanks to RD for this amazing nights.

Cheers

• Chris Noble

Lol this was such a good race I bodged it up!

Qualified 21st which wasnt good, but qualifying is not my strongpoint, always much better on the start and in the race.

A lot of bunching up around Karl Westman into turn 1 (3 wide) and then it was 3 wide through the chicane! unfortunately Karl was on the outside and would no doubt come off worst which he did, unfortunately I tried to stay to the left where the road was clear and then Laruance Lemon (inside of 3 wide) tapped the back end of Karl Westman (outside of 3 wide) after contact from Lewis Fergesson (middle of 3 wide) and sent him into my path causing a heavy shunt,

I only got suspension damage and car handled ok, but dropped me from 15th down to 24th I think lol :(

Soon caught up with aload of guys and we had some great battles as Dietmar Auferkorte points out with his pics!

I was trying a Tom Cornel move on you in pic 2 Dietmar so that I could get the position, but when you moved to pass him and push my side the game has an unfair exploit which means that when you push me sideways u go faster than me getting in front lol. Not really your fault, nothing I could do to stop you gettting out of the box!

Then I kept on going off at turn 1, 2 or 3 times trying to overtake into turn 1 and forgetting to brake in time! need longer bit of road!

Got in a great scrap, totally forgot how much fuel and what lap I was on and what lap I was meant to pit, and when I saw the rest pitting I thought great some clean air to jump them in the pits. Then engine starts sputtering and look and I have no fuel left!

Dam it! Some excellent racing guys.

• Andrew Dawes

Name in game: Andrew Dawes
Your Country: Australia
Control: G25
Car: Honda Accord R 2007
Special remarks:
Off to download the track

Gents - I'm sorry (and gutted) but I've got to pull out tonight. I have a surly teenager with a badly twisted knee on my schedule tonight, and if you can believe it, that's even less fun than it sounds.

Hope everything works well, and have fun.

• Kieran Mcgeachy

Hi all,

Quali, 15th couldn't go any faster lol

Race, 1st lap was late on the brakes n bumped into the back of my dad (Laurance Lemon) going to 1st corner oops sorry!! ended up last. Fought my way back to 16th or 17th n was behind Bob Miley and couple of others for laps on end. Tyres started to wear out n started losing few tenths n got bit scrappy. pitted on lap 16 or 17 n came out 14th n held it to the end!!

Thanks to RD and Andrew for another great track and race
icon14.gif

• Chris Noble

What's a Tom Cornel move ? :)

If you watched Race 2 of the Japanese round of the WTCC Tom Cornel had Agusto Farfus on his tail and tryng to get past him. They then came up on a backmarker going a bit slower and Farfus got a good run on Tom, however Tom boxed him in so all farfus could do was get stuck behind the backmarker, thus slowing him down and allowing Tom to keep his place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back