Prediction, no F1 this year.

i say they will race. It is the biggest and most expensive sport arround the world so it means they cannot affor loosing money (too many sponsors, deals with country governments, private investers, huge car manufacters, and much more)

Depending on if this goes past July-August time-frame... I think you may be right on season cancellation.
I can see them 'scrapping' the rest of it.
As to folks saying they won't because of loss of sponsorship, those same sponsors are also struggling to create income.
I don't see them continuing to 'funnel' money to teams at this time.
They'll likely return later...once we finally get through the worst of this crisis.

I believe (correct if wrong) within the rules, it states a season can be concluded over a min of 8 races.
They are even talking of condensing more races so it seems possible they could achieve at least the 8 required races in less than 3 month period.

So F1 could possibly start as late as Aug/Sept and still manage an 8 race season.

There could be a situation where a part of the world recovers from covid 19. But it has to be clean to all areas we run unless calendar is modified to events in the clear.
Once we get in the clear people will come out of isolation and try to get back to normal to fast. Maybe bringing on a 2nd wave or even a 3rd wave of the virus. Jobs and economy will be hit hard and will take a long time to get ready for F1.

If some of the latest rumours from China and South Korea that even if you recover from the infection the immunity are either very shortliving or even non-existing - then this crisis can go on and on.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%