Precision Motorsports prepares towards FSR 2012

With yet a couple of months for the 2012 season to launch, Precision Motorsports is determined to continue the team’s success from 2011 in the Formula SimRacing World Championship. The team is happy to officially announce contract extensions of both Bono Huis and Mikko Puumalainen for the upcoming season.

The 17-year-old Bono Huis made his breakthrough year in FSR 2010, winning 9 races and the championship in superior manner. The 2011 season of Huis was even more impressive, as the Dutch won 14 out of 16 races to score his second world championship, now trailing only one behind FSR championship record holder Bruno Marques. Mikko Puumalainen will provide Huis a dynamic partner, as the Finn finished as a strong runner-up in the 2011 championship, in his first year with the team.

For 2012, Precision has also decided to reduce their lineup in the world championship to only one team giving the full control over the Mak-Corp Racing team to the long time partner Mak-Corp and focus on their sole world championship team. Stay tuned for more news as the season launch gets closer!

Team owner Johannes Kunkel commented:
„2012 will bring a lot of new Challenges for us. First of all a new simulation with many new possibilities will add a lot to the racing and the strategic challenges for everyone, and it will make it harder to prepare for the races in the same manner as we did the last years. But we already spent a lot of time investigating the new software and I´m confident we will be prepared for anything to come. Secondly we are giving away one of our World Championship licenses to Mak-Corp and continue only with our main team. I´m looking forward to the start of the season, especially with the new simulation being ready to used and of course I want to wish good luck to the Mak-Corp racing team for their first season as a team in the FSR world championship."

To follow the progress of the team during the season, make sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter.

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 358 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 253 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 244 10.7%