Precision Motorsports Australian GP preview

bfbfc6675e.jpg

Formula SimRacing World Championship 2013 season is ready to launch as the drivers will gather to compete in Round 1 at the streets of Albert Park on Sunday. Precision Motorsports will continue with the line-up from last season ending − the 3 times World Champion Bono Huis paired with last year World Series Champion Jack Keithley. Furthermore, the rebranded second team will run under the sponsor name GT Omega Racing, featuring WC winner Ivar Kalamees and long-time WC driver John-Eric Saxén.

Needless to say, the team has high hopes of yet again making a successful season and opening race with this line-up. To follow the action, remember to tune in for the live broadcasts at Sunday 16:30 GMT for World Championship.

Team Manager Ondrej Kuncman commented:
"First race of the season is always exciting and crucially important to score some good points and ideally establish leads in the championships, which is precisely what we are aiming to do. Whether we succeed or not is the question as you never know who really are the competitors in the opening round. In the WC it is quite obvious, but there can be some surprises in the WS. Australia is a different circuit to most other tracks with higher importance on the qualification as overtaking is very tricky. That is when the strategy comes into play. The strategy will play much bigger role than in the last 4 years and it will be interesting to see what others came up with. The two weeks in Australia have been quite challenging but they allowed us to understand certain aspects of this racing season and improve procedures that will undoubtedly make our job a bit easier in the next races. We are ready though. I would like to wish everyone good luck in the season. We have an exciting 2013 season ahead of us and hopefully with the same boring results in the end."

Jack Keithley commented:
"For Melbourne I just hope for a good result. It is one of my favourite tracks on the calender and although I have never finished here I have always had a good car and good pace so If I can finish in the top 5 for the first round I will be happy."

To follow the progress of the team during the weekend, make sure to join us on Facebook and Twitter.

Precision Motorsports Press
Official Press Release
written by John-Eric Saxen
www.precision-motorsports.de

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 369 16.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 255 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 246 10.7%