Practise Race Wednesday 7th August Monza

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
Time - Qualifying starts at 8pm UK-time Wednesday 31st July
Car - F3000
Track - Monza
Qualifying - TBA choice between Superpole or 7-9 mins Open session?
Race Duration - TBA choices between 62-72 mins?
Pit stop limiter - Off
Weather - Dry
Tyre Wear - x2?
Fuel Usage - x1

This is the first practise race for season 11, no more testing strategies as a whole, time to start testing what you will use in the upcoming season :)

as usual all the details are open to change, especially the date, depending on the season 11 start date of either the 28th august, or the 4th of september, we could postpone this monza practise until the 7th of august, then have the spa practise race on the 21st august, if season 11 starts on the 28th august then we are better leaving as is.

the choices...........

season 11 starts 28th august

monza practise race 31st july
spa practise race 14th august

season 11 starts 4th september

monza practise race 7th august
spa practise race 21st august

the choice is yours :)

What is estimated average qualy pace, :1:30-1:40? If that's the case then i definitely vote for 7 minutes open qualy.

About green flag, what should we decide? Personally i like the green flag traffic jam as it affects ones strategy. If you decide to do one flying lap you can get better track position or if you want two attempts, you can suffer from traffic. If one goes out as soon as it says "drive" and bolts it, he could have significant edge. It's a bit like jump start (i'm not blaming anyone, we haven't make a decision about this yet...)

Getting to the first in the queue becomes a part of strategy, you loose tire temps but get best track position.. We can't collide in the pits and i think we are mature enough to respect vehicle boundaries to not exit pits inside each other (ewww...) First (or last, depending orientation) pitbox has an edge etc.. a lots of small details that don't matter that much on the end but could bring more excitement to qualy.

ok for 7-9 mins open session

1) Richard Hill
2) Sean Greenlaw
3) Nicolai Nicholson

1) Richard Hill
2) Sean Greenlaw
3) Nicolai Nicholson
4) Valerio Vinassa

( Kennett I miss you in list but I dont understand your choice:) )

PS. no problem for me guys if you decide season start 28th august:) are last days of vacation but Im ready for practice wednesday 31 July

1) Richard Hill
2) Sean Greenlaw
3) Nicolai Nicholson

1) Richard Hill
2) Sean Greenlaw
3) Nicolai Nicholson
4) Valerio Vinassa
5) Reik Major

It's a very selfish vote by me :rolleyes: , because I could also make the 28th August but then I would have to leave out the race 11th Septmeber, because of a holiday travel. But as I said earlier,I have no problem to miss one event, so if the majority wants the 28th as season start I'll support that too. ;)

About green flag, what should we decide? Personally i like the green flag traffic jam as it affects ones strategy.
If we go for open qualify, I to would find it good fun to respect the light signal :thumbsup:
1) Richard Hill
2) Sean Greenlaw
3) Nicolai Nicholson

1) Richard Hill
2) Sean Greenlaw
3) Nicolai Nicholson
4) Valerio Vinassa
5) Reik Major

has anyone done any laps at monza yet to get a rough idea of the times?

depending on laptimes what if we go for 8-9 mins open qualifying session and everyone must wait for the green light before leaving the pits, we can test it out here at least then make a decision on it, it would be more realistic and im all for as much of that as possible.

do we have a preference for race duration? last race at 62 mins was fine, the old way of 67 mins was fine too, we need to make a decision on this fairly soon so our practise races are as close to season 11 conditions as possible.

going by the people whove put their name in so far it looks like the monza practise race will be held on the 7th of august, to allow 2 weeks break between practise races in the run upto a 4th of september start date, this may still change so keep an eye on this thread for more details.

has anyone done any laps at monza yet to get a rough idea of the times?
Ventis did 1:35,225 about 5 years ago, while you David, did a 1:37,095 (and I 1:37,21,).
Ref: http://prestogp.com/index.php?view=...on&vehicle=F3000&Update=Update&leaguefilter=1

do we have a preference for race duration? last race at 62 mins was fine, the old way of 67 mins was fine too,
I would prefer 62 min above 67 min assuming 2x wear and no pit speed limit.

It would be very interesting to know how fast Reik and/or Helder can do a 20 lap race (all we need to compare it to their 2 stop pace). I know it is a lot to ask, but I think that would give us a good indication on how much faster (assuming it was) 2 stops were at Hungaroring.

this practise race will now be held on the 7th august :thumbsup:

the details for the event will be as follows....

Time - Qualifying starts at 8pm UK-time Wednesday 7th August
Car - F3000
Track - Monza
Practise - 1 Hour
Practise Starts - x 3
Qualifying - 7 minute Open session
Warmup - 5 minutes
Race Duration - 62 minutes
Pit stop limiter - Off
Weather - Dry
Tyre Wear - x2
Fuel Usage - x1

these will be the settings used in the upcoming season, the only thing that will change depending on track length and laptime is the qualifying session, minimum should be 7 minutes, maximum 9 minutes for a track like spa.

can i ask you to amend the thread title nico to show the new date :thumbsup: and i'll go ahead and start sign ups for this.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 373 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 38.9%