Practise Race, Spa 08, 18th July 2012, Sign ups.

Nice evening. Didn't care two pennies about the pace, other than as a setup tool. Messed qualy in Les Combes, nothing special.

Race1: Easy start, the new (and tested) launch control provides very consistent starts. Went inside in T1 and came out 7th. Without a touch. nice :cool: Kept that for a while, then defended 8th. Spun eventually and had to wait for three-four cars to pass by. :( But again raving magic had me 9th place (i think... ) I was planning for 10th place since that was practice and practice start positions, in all three of them.. That helped immensely in T1 ;)

Race2: Better start, tried to get between, got blocked (rightfully, slight touch.) Easy to T1 and 12th (i think) Position got better but then David had a huge air (i think...), crashed to right side barrier on Radillion, bounced across track. I chose to go left, before he blocks that lane, couldn't make it. His speed was faster than anticipated. I need to see replay whether there was room in the right lane, there was battles and traffic around. I have no complaints, pure racing accident. Should be awesome replay material.. ;) Dangers of Spa..

Took it easier, pretty much like regular season race. Not so much practice and recon, on race 1 lap 7 onwards the car started really singing, i knew exactly how she wants to be treated.. Crazy Susan or something.. ;)

Thanks again guys, despite lots of errors and 2 DNFs it was good fun! Didn't get enough practice and as a result I was making loads of mistakes :( Sorry to Dino and also Chirlie for the start of race 1...didn't lock up at all in all 3 practice starts, and then did in the real thing, total balls up on my end! Ended up spinning off and dropping to the back, before crashing and losing a wheel, game over.

Race 2 I got caught up in the same accident as Kennett, totally unavoidable so never mind! Managed to limp to the pits and change my wing, rejoining a lap down. Had a good time chasing Valerio down, didn't want to attack too much as I was a lap down, and then managed to bin it through Eau Rouge on the final lap! Oh well, good fun again :)

New launch sequence: Engage clutch. Press and keep brakes on. Raise revs, engage 1st gear. Release brakes, find throttle level. Release clutch to start. Nice to fiddle "Clutch sensitivity" as it works differently on digital mode.... ;)

kennett, can you watch the start of race 2 again please, you say you were blocked, im seeing you run into the back of me with a burst of sudden acceleration when you tried for an ever closing gap, hence the suspension damage i recieved and subsequent problems it caused trying to get through eau rouge, will put it down to a racing incident but id like to hear your thoughts given that youve already said you took this practise race easy.

rest of report to come later..........

Yup, checked replay and you're right (usually i haven't seen the replay when i give initial report, it's nice to compare with replay..). Sorry for damage, didn't think it was heavy enough to cause problems (what was the damage level?). Stupid of me, there really was no room. That start is so effingly efficient, it causes me problems.. Just have to be patient and wait for a real opportunity instead of trying to create one. When it comes, i'll be ready for it. I got my price at the end, talk about karma..

Good fun today, allthough my pace was off compared to practice.

q: forgetable lap as always for me on superpole, easily >1 sec off pretty much every practice q-lap...

r1: Started bad with the slight hit from behind at t1, but everyone avoided me, so I could carry on. Chased some guys for a while and finished 4th.

r2: Started good, but at lap 2 or 3 , I distracted myself and forgot for a splitsecond which brakeboards I had already passed ;( It seems I missed the first one, as the turn came to early and I had to drive straight to the grass. Luckily there is no wall and I could rejoin without damage.
Behind Reik, who seemed to have some damage, I could than find my practice-pace back for a couple of laps :D better than never :)
Last couple of laps were slowish again, but it seems there were a couple of incidents so I finished in front. Undeserved but still :p

In the future, I need to figure out how to drive the car around without feeling like the car would explode in every direction under acceleration. I just barely made the 2x 10 laps without crashing on a track that I know very well from a ton of races in other cars Oo

cu guys for the next one

nice 2 race but bad quali running wide in sand at Pouhon so start from back manage T1 and always 7gear in Eau Rouge :D a bit of battles here and there but in lap 6 take a direct fly for my home but in landing lost 2 tires so race is finish Race 2 one thing must say Sean we are crazy in Blanchimont no one lift the feet :) Congratulation all drivers and Thanks for event . PS Nik was my intention let unlapping in last lap but I saw you lost car at Raidillon unluky mate :(

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 336 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 465 39.0%