Practise Race, Spa 08, 18th July 2012, Sign ups.

David Turnbull

PrestoGP Veteran
hi guys,

next practise race will be spa 08 on wednesday the 18th of july, usual prestogp times apply, i think we might carry on with the 2x10 laps though, its been quite exciting at monza and at hockenheim in the fun race, if everyone agrees with that? anyhoo here go's

7pm - Practise
7.55pm - practise starts
8pm - qualifying (superpole)
8.05pm - warmup
8.10pm - race 1
8.35pm?? - race 2

1. David

1. David
2. Kennett

How about 2x15 laps? I think we need to lengthen the sessions just a bit to get different tire tactics in use... Wouldn't like to do third race in a row with supersofts. I'll go and do some laps, check where the threshold is for tire compounds.

10 laps of spa would be ss or softs wouldnt it? i cant remember what i used in stints for it before but id imagine if someone used supersoft for a 10 laps stint at least 3-4 laps would be feeling rather slippery, softs would last the distance no problem im sure so opens up a slight strategy option with supers for speed first few laps or softs for overall stint, im quite happy to go with what the majority deceide though (or nico decides)

1. David
2. Kennett
3. Jonas
4. Alfonso
5. Nicolai

I'm cool with whatever you decide (I'm guessing Kennett didn't consider the fact that Spa is about 50% longer than the average track when he suggested 2x15)

For me it makes good sense to have 2x10 (relative to 1h 7min race length) at Spa because it demands less preperation from the drivers to deliver a good race.
However, at some point before the season starts (preferably the last fun race) we should use normal race length and setup to help prepare for the season start, especially for the new members.

...usual prestogp times apply...

7pm - Practise
7.55pm - practise starts
8pm - qualifying (superpole)
8.05pm - warmup
8.10pm - race 1
8.35pm?? - race 2

So if practise starts for you in Great Britain at 7pm it should be 8pm for the "normal" europeans, right? Or to say it in GMT it should be 18:00 GMT (due to summer time), right? I just like to make it as clear as possible because of the newcomers. That's why GMT times should in general be named, too, so everyone can calculate himself.

1. David
2. Kennett
3. Jonas
4. Alfonso
5. Nicolai
6.Sean
7.Chirlie
8.Valerio
9. Bob
10. Dino
11. Reik

PS: Will the damage level be reduced a little bit? Was a little bit disappointing to read from the Hockenheim race, that many drivers suffered from susp damages during the race...

PS: Will the damage level be reduced a little bit? Was a little bit disappointing to read from the Hockenheim race, that many drivers suffered from susp damages during the race...

The damage level was at 60% at Hockenheim, I can move it down to 50% for the next race.

I have not watched the replay of the Hockenheim race myself, but in general I must say I'm not sure I agree with this statement:

But i have to be able to practice attacking and aggresive driving, otherwise i have to forfeit every battle, every time.

The practice races should have the same safety regards as the official races. Usually we are a bit less prepared and that makes us a little more dangerous, and the consequences are less severe outside a league race, but I do not think one should think of the practice race as an arena to be more aggressive and take larger risks with other people's races.

I know sometimes one must cross the line to learn where it is so to speak, but that can rather be done on the practice servers as you mention yourself.

I agree Nico, i tend to try and drive safe as i can even if on a public 100mb wtcc, f3000 etc, i think its even more important with the f1 cars, alot of the time with the f1 car its next to impossible to pass unless car ahead makes a mistake and they are a willing participant in the pass:thumbsup:.
We raced on the RD server was the damage on that server perhaps 100% ? or did you make that server to Nico ?

I think its important to become really familiar with these F1 cars, and to my surprising I have become quite used to them without risking much to see if e.g. overtaking in particular situations is possible, its also possible while always braking yourself out a bit, thats what Ive learned in this league.
Not on 100MBit though cause Im banned on their servers :O_o::roflmao: (no joke! :D)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 462 39.3%