Practice race Wednesday the 28th at 8:30 pm UK-time

Qualify: 5 min super pole
Race length: 30 minutes
(2x?) mandatory pit stop

I do not know how many we should be to do this, but it would be nice with a few more.

01. Nicolai
02. Kennett
03. Jonas Lex
04. David Turnbull
05. Nicolas

Im sorry but I wont be able to make it too much to do
As compensation Ive painted a little Count down picture for the Race next week. (its dynamic)

0_4w6_IMG1736.png

Im currently building a new information thread and thats part of it
I'll be doing these Countdowns for every race from nowon

No fix first but there's not nearly enough drivers... We could use AI to fill up the grid but that test is already done offline. AI is not too shabby in Malaysia but it is still AI and since the base setup for this mod is not good enough, it will be slower. And im not sure if it meets testing requirements,

Then I suggest we create the settings of the race to our likings.

May I suggest we race 16 laps with a mandatory pit stop after 2 laps? That way we get to test a realistic 14 lap stint and also have a fun "pit contest".

Usual password? i don't know what is usual password since it always changes :mad: ...
EDIT: Ok, i got it.. I haven't used that password but once... so not so usual to me, took me a while to remember that in PrestoGP.com it was announced..

Sorry for pushing, i did drive more aggressively than what i normally do. At least my braking distances were decent, i did ran in to Eliezers behind couple of times, i guess you had lower brake pressure? In the first race i had troubles with my rear at the end of braking, Tried to fix it by moving balance to front, got worse until i noticed that since i'm using the mandatory brake duct 1, the front started to fade and the rear just got to optimal, that locked the rear. Also i need to find diff and engine mapping, that spin in the race1 was weird, steady pace, no throttle movement, no steering wheel movement and it just spun... And since Race07 has IMHO a little bit weird tire modelling during tire spin, it doesn't stop with the usual methods ( i suspect too high tire inertia..)..

Mediums are the softest compound for the race unless i want to do 3 stopper. They fit to my setup very nicely, i like the slip curve a lot more than softs anyway, they don't snap off but lose grip more gradually.. I need to find right torque/rev range for exits and i think i need to lower caster, feels like the car is tilting too much with steering input. But those are minor adjustments. Racepace was looking good.

Okay, the pitting: I did get a cut warning in the pitlane so make sure you return to the pitline right after pitbox. The corridors are a bit tight. i returned to the pitline at those closed garages, second garage. My pitbox was the 8th, and i got a cut warning in the 12th spot.

Im sorry but I wont be able to make it too much to do
As compensation Ive painted a little Count down picture for the Race next week. (its dynamic)

0_4w6_IMG1736.png

Im currently building a new information thread and thats part of it
I'll be doing these Countdowns for every race from nowon
That's just great Jonas :) Perhaps it should be at the top of the Drivers' meeeting thread.

Kennett:
The brake ducts are not mandatory 1 on my car at least. in race trim it is always at least 2. Also don't expect drivers to be braking at lates point possible in race trim. I brake earlier than I have to to get better speed through the turn and also better exit speed + take better care of tyres + giving me a small safety/error margin. When I have cars in front of me I often let of the accellerator as early as 50 meters before I usually do. I usually do not lose any ground doing this, but it makes me very safe. When there are no cars around me I usually brake a few meters before I have to.

Good to know, i really don't like those overheating brakes.. I do the same in race, lift the throttle well before the actual brake unless i'm ready to make a move. I used yesterdays pratice race to do some racing practice, it's not often i get the chance of really trying to do something, in regular race i don't dare to make a move..

The good news is that i'm not that far behind in racepace, i could easily keep up with you, i was under 2 seconds slower than Nicholas R. I just don't know how to do those qualy runs, if i did my racepace would be faster. There is so little change between qualy runs and race, full tank vs empty or softs vs hards... It feels like it don't matter what, my speed is the same.. Excpet in practice1, there i'm really really slow.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back