Practice race variant; Wednesday 10th of August

I recently thought about an interesting alternative way to arrange a fun race, a way that demands zero preperation from the participants :)

The "scheme"
We just agree on day and time of race (e.g. Wednesday 10th of August at 7pm), but not on track or car. Nobody will know what we are racing until the server is open. This means that one needs to use the practice session to prepare for the qualify and race.

Preferably one would limit the selection of tracks to simple/known once, and also avoid very "tricky" cars.

Such a practice race can be announced much closer to the race day than a "conventional" fun race. Also, it would be a different experience, where everybody will need to spend the same amount of time in preperations (practice session).

From the participants' perspective, all you need to do is to join the server when it is opened at the agreed time (at this time you'll learn what track we are racing) and chose a car among those availeble to you :)

What do you think? I would be keen on doing such a race on Wednesday (10th of August) if enough people are interested.

great idea! I love to compete under exactly same conditions. This would be a great challenge to start from zero with a unknown car-track-combo. So we all can prove how quickly we adjust to new conditions. :)

I'd be in! :)

Sounds fun. Some of my cars are brand new with zero on the odometer.
I hope it will be a Saleen, I like the noise they do, quite like the sound of a big Scania truck.

Is it possible to decide until tomorrow afternoon, if we'll launch such an event allready this wednesday? I'd like to be in but need to know if it's starting this wednesday to make some planing...

ok, so we are 6 people... what to do :) I earlier thought that we needed to be at least 8 for me to to make it worth while (because Norway is playing the Czeck Republic in football/soccer at the same time).

What do the rest think, too few or not?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back