Practice Race Singapur / 21.09.11

Hi there i hope we find some guys to make this one. nico can u create the server 4 us, when we get enough drivers?

practice session: 7pm-8pm
practice starts: 8pm-8.05pm
qual: 8.05pm - 8.10pm 5 minute super pole
warmup: 8.11pm-8.16pm
race: 45 laps ( i hope its right :) )
no pit speed limit

01. Christian Ramlow

Hi there i hope we find some guys to make this one. nico can u create the server 4 us, when we get enough drivers?

practice session: 7pm-8pm
practice starts: 8pm-8.05pm
qual: 8.05pm - 8.10pm 5 minute super pole
warmup: 8.11pm-8.16pm
race: 45 laps ( i hope its right :) )
no pit speed limit

01. Christian Ramlow
Real race is 61 laps.
5073m track.

You are spot on Christian, we are doing 45 laps :)

I guess this is the right time to inform everybody that I will not be at the Singapore race, because I will be in Spain at the time :( I think this is the first race event in Presto GP history where I have not been there (there has been one race where I didn't participate, but I was still "there", just not on the server.) So, I feel great sadness for this, but there is nothing I can do about that now.

I have not decided how I will deal with the control of the server yet (and other Race Director tasks), there are several options to consider. I will let you know soon though, because I leave on Friday.

01. Christian Ramlow
02. Sean Greenlaw
03. David Turnbull
04. Valter Östman
05. Kurt Kjellin
06. Valerio Vinassa

I guess this is the right time to inform everybody that I will not be at the Singapore race, because I will be in Spain at the time :( I think this is the first race event in Presto GP history where I have not been there (there has been one race where I didn't participate, but I was still "there", just not on the server.) So, I feel great sadness for this, but there is nothing I can do about that now.

I have not decided how I will deal with the control of the server yet (and other Race Director tasks), there are several options to consider. I will let you know soon though, because I leave on Friday.

I don't suppose we could move the real race date to the following week? When you are back I mean. :)

Real race is 61 laps.
5073m track.

Yes, that is a tad wierd. Monza was two laps longer than RL. Singapore is going to be 16 laps shorter than RL. I'm cool with it though and will try to put in the "right" amount of fuel this time. :)

I am with Peter suggestion of moving the real race day until Nico is back so he does not miss this race.

I considered this, but I forsaw that somebody else probably would not be able to join if we did it the following week, and that would be very unfair for them.

However, if it turns out that everybody that are able to race the original date also are able to race the next week, it would be a different story... it would solve the server control challenge (as well as allowing me to race :) ).

Before I explore this possibillity any further, are there anybody who caanot race the week after? (5th of October)

Yes, that is a tad wierd. Monza was two laps longer than RL. Singapore is going to be 16 laps shorter than RL. I'm cool with it though and will try to put in the "right" amount of fuel this time.
smile.png

Yes, this is strange stuff. The Monza race (in Presto World) was estimated to be 75 minutes long, but ended up being 76-77 minutes long. The Singapore race I estimate to be 72 minutes long...

ps: thank you Peter and Anthony for trying to help me race :)

I considered this, but I forsaw that somebody else probably would not be able to join if we did it the following week, and that would be very unfair for them.

However, if it turns out that everybody that are able to race the original date also are able to race the next week, it would be a different story... it would solve the server control challenge (as well as allowing me to race :) ).

Before I explore this possibillity any further, are there anybody who caanot race the week after? (5th of October)

I'm sure I can also race on 5th of October!!!

In my eyes you shouldn't worry too much about moving the event to the 5th of October. You are not only a co-racer of us but also the host. So if you tell me you aren't able to host the event on the 28th of Septenber and have to move it by one week, I would have to take it as it is, even if I couldn't make it one week later. That would be my bad luck, not yours...

Yes, that is a tad wierd. Monza was two laps longer than RL. Singapore is going to be 16 laps shorter than RL. I'm cool with it though and will try to put in the "right" amount of fuel this time. :)

Yes, this is strange stuff. The Monza race (in Presto World) was estimated to be 75 minutes long, but ended up being 76-77 minutes long. The Singapore race I estimate to be 72 minutes long...

I wouldn't call it strange stuff. There's a simple difference in relations between our format and RL F1. We want to have all races to be close to 75 minutes. But RL F1 want's to drive allways the same distance (something around 300 km, right?). So the RL Monza race is much shorter in time, because of the high average speed whilest we needed some more laps to reach our 75 minutes. The opposite goes for Singapore. We don't reach the amount of RL laps within our 75 minutes because of the low speed whilest they drive more than 75 minutes (and therefor more laps) to reach their aimed distance.

i cant make the 5th Nico, im busy that night :(

looks like one of us is loosing our 100% attendance here :( if there was a way i could make it i would but i cant :(

sorry.

id be happy to race the week later but it would need to be 3rd or 4th october.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 101 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 75 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 51 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 108 13.6%