Resource icon

Misc PPFilter C13 Alpha Plus 1.01

Login or Register an account to download this content
Ciba1991 submitted a new resource:

PPFilter C13 Alpha Plus - PPFilter with deep color dynamics, lovely blue skies and delicious sun glare

Introducing C13 Alpha Plus. If you enjoyed Bliss, this filter is similar to that, but less prone to absolute overbright, and a bit darker on the midtones. I mainly focused on getting a nice contrast ond deep colour dynamics without blowing the sky to pure white.

Requirements:
CSP 0.1.75 or newer
SOL 2.1.3 or newer
To install, manually copy the content folder from the archive into your AC root folder.View attachment 493368View attachment 493369[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

To answer you question in my review... Compared to my favourite filter ClimaxF1 it's about 20% in replays (RTX 2080). When I'm driving in cockpit view it's performing well (almost the same than ClimaxF1)

I really liked how everything outside the car looks, but inside the car, not so much. For some reason, this filter makes the instruments panels of analog cars be completely dark, like in the attachment. do you have any fix that I could do, be it setting or changing some config in your own filter?

Attachments

• nomacs_8UNfZkWtpK.jpg
    nomacs_8UNfZkWtpK.jpg
    279.5 KB · Views: 63
I really liked how everything outside the car looks, but inside the car, not so much. For some reason, this filter makes the instruments panels of analog cars be completely dark, like in the attachment. do you have any fix that I could do, be it setting or changing some config in your own filter?
I just went through all the code and honestly can't tell why that's happening. Have you changed your sol values from defaults? I agree with you that the instrument panel appears too dim, but I can't tell you why that might be. If you like my work, I would suggest taking a look at C13 Camera Obscura, which is a better looking filter in my opinion, and will also receive a pure update, whereas Alpha Plus will not. That said, i assume you enjoy the punchy colours of Alpha Plus, and CO is a bit less saturated overall.
If you'd like to try and dig into this issue, shoot me a Dm.

I have the same problem with C13. Far too dark instruments panel. No, I didn't mess with anything related to Sol.
As you're the only person to have ever reported this, I think it's worth investigating. I would kindly ask you for as much detail about your AC setup as possible. So that would be CSP version(s) and Sol version(s) that you have tried and where these issues present themselves. I would also be interested in which Sol quality preset you use, and if you're using a CSP preset for ExtraFX or LightingFX

As you're the only person to have ever reported this, I think it's worth investigating. I would kindly ask you for as much detail about your AC setup as possible. So that would be CSP version(s) and Sol version(s) that you have tried and where these issues present themselves. I would also be interested in which Sol quality preset you use, and if you're using a CSP preset for ExtraFX or LightingFX
Of course.

AC version is the most recent, CSP is on version 0.1.76, Sol is on version 2.2. I haven't tried other versions of CSP or Sol with this because everything else works fine, it's just this that I'm having a problem with. I don't know what a "Sol quality preset" is, so I assume I haven't used one; as for CSP, ExtraFX is deactivated and my configs for LightingFX are the default ones and a screenshot of them is attached. I also attached sceenshots of several different cars so you can see how dark the instruments are to me while using C13AlphaPlus as well as my video configurations.

Attachments

• Content_Manager_BQMpJ6UZnS.jpg
    Content_Manager_BQMpJ6UZnS.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 55
  • Content_Manager_YJDyvWaDzM.jpg
    Content_Manager_YJDyvWaDzM.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 56
  • Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_black_cat_county_19-1-122-16-48-48.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_mclaren_650_gt3_ks_black_cat_county_19-1-122-16-48-48.jpg
    325.1 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_ks_black_cat_county_19-1-122-16-47-45.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_audi_r8_lms_ks_black_cat_county_19-1-122-16-47-45.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 62
  • Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_tuned_ks_black_cat_county_19-1-122-16-46-41.jpg
    Screenshot_ks_toyota_ae86_tuned_ks_black_cat_county_19-1-122-16-46-41.jpg
    371.6 KB · Views: 56
Of course.

AC version is the most recent, CSP is on version 0.1.76, Sol is on version 2.2. I haven't tried other versions of CSP or Sol with this because everything else works fine, it's just this that I'm having a problem with. I don't know what a "Sol quality preset" is, so I assume I haven't used one; as for CSP, ExtraFX is deactivated and my configs for LightingFX are the default ones and a screenshot of them is attached. I also attached sceenshots of several different cars so you can see how dark the instruments are to me while using C13AlphaPlus as well as my video configurations.
The mclaren seems readable, and the other two are just as dim for me with A3PP, Sol_Extra, Camera Obscura or Alpha Plus. What filters did you use before that it was fine with, also may I suggest simply turning on the lights?

The mclaren seems readable, and the other two are just as dim for me with A3PP, Sol_Extra, Camera Obscura or Alpha Plus. What filters did you use before that it was fine with, also may I suggest simply turning on the lights?
Ah okay. So that`s how it's supposed to look like. I thought it was something with me. Yes, I have considered just turning on the lights, but for some petty reasons and in some cases, comprehension (as some analog panels are much less readable lit then unlit) I don't turn on the lights. The ones that look really good to me, imo, are _Sol_HDR and SNW Real

Attachments

• Sol HDR.jpg
    Sol HDR.jpg
    236.9 KB · Views: 59
  • SNW Real.jpg
    SNW Real.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 57
Ah okay. So that`s how it's supposed to look like. I thought it was something with me. Yes, I have considered just turning on the lights, but for some petty reasons and in some cases, comprehension (as some analog panels are much less readable lit then unlit) I don't turn on the lights. The ones that look really good to me, imo, are _Sol_HDR and SNW Real
Yeah, a major issue is that most AC cars have no instrument backlight unless the headlights are on. Which is not how things work in the real world. So with filters that attempt to recreate a realistic dynamic range, instrument clusters will often appear too dark in those cars (which is actually appropriately dark since they are not illuminated). Alpha Plus is especially egregious in this area, Camera Obscura is somewhat less problematic. A 2.0 update of CO is in the works which will improve daytime legibility, ETA: as soon as Pure WFX is 1.0.

Yeah, a major issue is that most AC cars have no instrument backlight unless the headlights are on. Which is not how things work in the real world. So with filters that attempt to recreate a realistic dynamic range, instrument clusters will often appear too dark in those cars (which is actually appropriately dark since they are not illuminated). Alpha Plus is especially egregious in this area, Camera Obscura is somewhat less problematic. A 2.0 update of CO is in the works which will improve daytime legibility, ETA: as soon as Pure WFX is 1.0.
Well, I found a workaround for the moment. One of the biggest reasons for me not just simply turning on the lights is because it would also turn on the headlights. It's petty I know, but my OCD doesn't agree with that xD. So, I found a way to make an extension that will light up only the relevant panel lights when one of the extra, patch keys from Content Manager is pressed. Sadly, it isn't a one-size-fits-all solution because all cars have different panel configurations, so you need to make a ext_config.ini for each car. But hey! At least is a nice workaround and I can finally use your filter.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.8%
  • < 5 years