Power & Glory v3.x

YC0hFU4.png

We know GTR2 gathers little attention at RD but we think it's worth announcing the Power&Glory v3 release. This follows a previous "presentation" with details, screens and video previews, posted in HERE.
We hope the content we've build can surprise for the positive also those that were already discarding it in favour of more recent titles.

It's been a long adventure developing Power&Glory. We started working on the first demo and version 1 back in late 2006, we continued working hard through version 2 in following years, and then on version 3 from March 2009. That's a lot of time for a free mod (even for a big project like this one is) and we had many issues that are common for many modding teams these days - lack of free time, real world issues, voodoo type of issues, lack of more team members, you name it... we faced them all.

We never gave up and what you're now able to download and savour is the result of pure passion for simracing, admiration for vintage real racing and respect for our Motorsport heroes.

A total mod of 2.30+ GB of compressed data, and over 3.9GB when installed, featuring completely redesigned User Interface, 59 .aud sound configuration files and 1153 sound samples made from scratch, 373 .car files with tons of skins and history described, 199 .hdc specific physics files, you'll find it difficult to drive to identical cars, 125 .tyr different tire files all balanced and proportioned to one another, in-game setup tire help manuals, improved collisions and multiplayer, improved force feedback and tons of incredible details on the 3D models and skins of the cars, every one of it painstakingly documented and verified from homogenization papers, era magazines, books original service manuals and help from mechanics of the era and actual drivers.

Without further ado, we are informing all past, present and potential future fans that the P&G version 3 development has come to the end! A monumental amount of work, free for you to download, drive and immerse yourself a bit in the lives of our 60s and 70s driving heroes.

Enjoy! :)

P&G v3 Download at GTLW site: WWW.GTLW.CO.UK
  • EDIT 1: for the complete version, and if confused, scroll down in the Downloads section at our website to access its information.
  • EDIT 2: if you're having troubles during or after installation of P&G v3, please have a look at this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
This thread is listing announced and current online leagues for Power&Glory v3.

If you wish to announce and promote a P&G v3 league that isn't in the following list, please post (or PM me) the links so that do we can include it.

Thank You! :)

-
EUROPEAN BASED P&G LEAGUES:
-
AMERICAN BASED P&G LEAGUES:
-
AUSTRALIAN BASED P&G LEAGUES:

EDIT: added new links/leagues.

Due to the successful races and popularity of the Alfa GTAM 1750/2000 on GC P&G Public servers, a single-make series league hosted by our friends at GamersCrib has been proposed, specifically for these cars.

yr01.jpg

Every friday evening (Euro timezones) two or three races on one track will happen.
Races should be, more or less, 20 to 30 minutes each, with 10 to 15 minutes qualify.
A different track will be used every week, sometimes an original GTR2 track, other times an add-on track, to fit the cars for competitive and fun racing.

Before the propper "ALFA GTAM CUP" season gets to be announced, a pre-season period of testing will start in the upcoming weeks, just to see how things go.

FOR MORE INFORMATION, GO >>HERE<< .

This is my SoftTH config file -

[main]
renderResolution=5440x1080
nonlocalFormat=RGB16D
keepComposition=0
smoothing=1
debugD3D=0
zClear=1
vsync=0
tripleBuffer=0
screenshotFormat=jpg
dllPathD3D9=auto
dllPathDXGI=auto
dllPathD3D11=auto

[overrides]
forceResolution=0
antialiasing=0
processAffinity=0
FOVForceHorizontal=0
FOVForceVertical=0

[debug]
compatibleIB=0
compatibleTex=0
compatibleVB=0
enableVBQuirk=0

[head_primary]
sourceRect=1765,0,1920,1080
screenMode=1920x1080

[head_2]
; Autodetected as \\.\DISPLAY2 at NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
devID=2
sourceRect=0,180,1600,900
transportResolution=1600x900
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0

[head_1]
; Autodetected as \\.\DISPLAY3 at NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
devID=1
sourceRect=3840,180,1600,900
transportResolution=1600x900
transportMethod=auto
noSync=0
fpsLimit=0

what resolution are you trying to get.
click me
click me
maybe the above will help.
I use Nvidia and it works ok sorry ive not got much experience with ati and softTH

Im using Nvidia too, GTX 670. Surround doesnt work for me as i have different sized monitors. I have it working on Race07, rFactor2 and Formula Truck. Iv always had problems with GTR2 and not bothered much, but iv got PnGv3 and REALLY want to use it!

Our previous website was set-up and run by Aristotelis Vasilakos. He is now understandably 100% focused on Assetto Corsa and as a result we lost the ability to update the site.

With the v3.1 patch/update to P&G 3.0 nearing completion, we needed to regain control of the site and so a new one was created.
It lacks the sophistication of the old website (it's been ten years since David Wright last produced a site) - but hopefully it can still do the job. The old site is still available and is linked on the new site.

We plan a series of blog articles to let you know the new features in 3.1 so you can take advantage of them when its released.

The address is as before: WWW.GTLW.CO.UK

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back