Power & Glory v3.x

YC0hFU4.png

We know GTR2 gathers little attention at RD but we think it's worth announcing the Power&Glory v3 release. This follows a previous "presentation" with details, screens and video previews, posted in HERE.
We hope the content we've build can surprise for the positive also those that were already discarding it in favour of more recent titles.

It's been a long adventure developing Power&Glory. We started working on the first demo and version 1 back in late 2006, we continued working hard through version 2 in following years, and then on version 3 from March 2009. That's a lot of time for a free mod (even for a big project like this one is) and we had many issues that are common for many modding teams these days - lack of free time, real world issues, voodoo type of issues, lack of more team members, you name it... we faced them all.

We never gave up and what you're now able to download and savour is the result of pure passion for simracing, admiration for vintage real racing and respect for our Motorsport heroes.

A total mod of 2.30+ GB of compressed data, and over 3.9GB when installed, featuring completely redesigned User Interface, 59 .aud sound configuration files and 1153 sound samples made from scratch, 373 .car files with tons of skins and history described, 199 .hdc specific physics files, you'll find it difficult to drive to identical cars, 125 .tyr different tire files all balanced and proportioned to one another, in-game setup tire help manuals, improved collisions and multiplayer, improved force feedback and tons of incredible details on the 3D models and skins of the cars, every one of it painstakingly documented and verified from homogenization papers, era magazines, books original service manuals and help from mechanics of the era and actual drivers.

Without further ado, we are informing all past, present and potential future fans that the P&G version 3 development has come to the end! A monumental amount of work, free for you to download, drive and immerse yourself a bit in the lives of our 60s and 70s driving heroes.

Enjoy! :)

P&G v3 Download at GTLW site: WWW.GTLW.CO.UK
  • EDIT 1: for the complete version, and if confused, scroll down in the Downloads section at our website to access its information.
  • EDIT 2: if you're having troubles during or after installation of P&G v3, please have a look at this thread.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
i guess you don't use Amazon that much, that's just a random price.. (59.99)...to get you inside they don't even have the sim if you look as with some of the others...
you have to click on all links to find best deals...:D
for example i got RBR for 3 pounds and GPlegends for half that.. with free delivery there are good deals if you look..:)

Would you believe that GTR2 on amazon here in the Us/Canada is $121.00!!!! The shipping from the UK could be a killer.

Ebay $34.00 pus $17.00 for shipping from the US. SimBin does not have it for sale but they have a webpage describing it. They have GTR and GTR Evolution for sale

Any downloads available for sale? I can't find any. I'd like to cut out that shipping cost.

Warren Dawes..
Have you tried the Renault alpine yet....its so nice to drive...You mentioned the feel in gtl was just not to your liking (or you didn't get on with it)...I think you will be amazed by this ...:D

Not yet Rupe.
I've only just installed P&G 3, and only briefly test driven the Cortina.
I've had GTR2 for a while but never played it, apart from a very quick try out. So, for now, I'm trying to get used to all the differences in layout and features of P&G, eg. finding my way around the UI, HUD's, etc. It's quite different but seems to have some nice new additions such as wet weather which might be interesting. The driving model (on the Cortina at least) seems quite different, lots of body roll that I hadn't noticed with GTL, everything feels softer and grippier (so far) but I haven't attempted any setup adjustments yet.
I need to get XD running with it and play around a bit with FFB maybe too.

Looks promising so far though, but may be hard to shift my love of GTL. ;)
There has been an incredible amount of work go into this one, huge thanks to the designers. :thumbsup:

ill buy it for you Jack and post it over
try this page what does it cost you
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Atari-GTR-2-PC-DVD/dp/B000HJ1B2U/ref=?ie=UTF8&m=A2SPDN8MZ4B776

Hi Rupe. I see the later post ( Roderick) referring to Ebay ( Sudbury) so checking that out first, ok. I sent the guy an email. Also Senad has some good prospects in my part of the woods. I'm not sure what you mean "I'll post it over to you". I hope you don't mean you will pay for the shipping Rupe, which is a mighty nice gesture but I can afford to pay but find it hard to justify that much for another game. If I am off topic here please don't feel insulted. I am humbled by your generousity.:thumbsup:

HI Jack,
If I look at Senad's suggestion about Ebay.. I can find a copy on Ebay brand new unopened for about 10 English pounds. And I know from when iv'e sent thing over to my cousins in Canada (DVD for a birthday) for example its cost me about 7 pounds..
or I can buy through amazon for about the same price get very cheap delivery to my house So for about 30 Canadian Dollars I can get you the game and delivered to you...(you can then sort out the money to me )
As far as a second hand game iv'e got online with both gtr2 and gtr2 P&Gmod3..iv'e registered with 2 different names and email addresses..and both work...(my gtr2 was an brand new version on purchase )
So if any body knows whether a second hand version can still be used online that would be a help..

So if any body knows whether a second hand version can still be used online that would be a help..

Yep, it can. You can get a used copy even if it is missing an online key-code. :)

Once you got it, all you have to do is to register your valid e-mail in computerbuid (not sure how long this promotion will last):

http://www.computerbild.de/gutscheinaktionen/cbs-gtr-2-seriennummer-4349161.html

It's in german, so if not your native language, perhaps translating it with google-translator will give you piece of mind, but it's pretty obvious where to click, and it's completely legit.
(they have some of the GTR2 legal rights, and were offering GTR2 for free in their magazine when they started this promotion).

After registering, you'll receive the online key-code in the e-mail that you used. :thumbsup:

I'm trying to buy the game from the Kijiji site( used) . If that goes sour I'll try the Ebay site. If that goes sour I'll take Rupe up your offfer. Thanks all for your fast and efficient help. I can try Roland's plan for a taste of the action until my hardcopy arrives. The German site converted to English worked for me.

Is it possible to request the on-line code key now without the game inhand so as not to miss out no that site ending it's offer or do you need to verify that you have the game first?

I'm trying to buy the game from the Kijiji site( used) . If that goes sour I'll try the Ebay site. If that goes sour I'll take Rupe up your offfer. Thanks all for your fast and efficient help. I can try Roland's plan for a taste of the action until my hardcopy arrives. The German site converted to English worked for me.

Is it possible to request the on-line code key now without the game inhand so as not to miss out no that site ending it's offer or do you need to verify that you have the game first?
Think that site has been around for a long time now, so the offer won't end anytime soon.

But you can request the code now, there are no requirements for it.

But you can request the code now, there are no requirements for it.

I just tried the English version and got an error message" your client issued a malformed or illegal request."

I tried the German version and no error message received but no email with the serial code has arrived as yet ( about 30 min ago).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back