Vehicles: All Default Cars
Track: Donington Park GP 2004 / Brno GP 2004
Start Time: 20.00 GMT
Practice: 5 mins(joining time)
Qualification: 25 mins (no lap limit)
Warmup: 3 mins
Race: 25 mins
Weather: Changeable
Note1: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: You must use the Terrain Patcher or you will be kicked by the server as a cheat.
Note3: You can choose different cars for each race, or stay with the same.
Note4: No sign ups for this as it's just a connectivity / teething event.

Well, I got this thing installed OK, just did a quick test on the server and everything seemed fine!:cool:
So unless something silly like Real Life gets in the way I hope to join you all tonight!

Dmytro , there is a FF patch have u use it? it is on the same place as the terrain patch

Thx, Hans, but I already have it enabled :wink:
I just can not understand why so strange behave brakes, unlike GTL maybe because of the tires. But I have a feeling that with the old tires I was riding in GTL would be faster than on those tires that have P&G :cool:
I'll take one of the less powered and friendly cars, make it easier to get used to and do not scare others on the track :eek::eek::eek:

That was an interesting intro to P & G, I learned a lot, but I'd be dishonest if I said I enjoyed this one. I guess I have a lot to learn yet about this mod.
For some reason the on-line stability was dodgy for me, and the first lesson was not to use Alt+Tab to get back to the desktop.
I obviously also had some game settings wrong, eg. having auto tyre selection on. :rolleyes:

Race 1, I chose to start with the Mini, thinking it would be nice and stable (and familiar to me). During practice (in the wet) it felt ok, but in qualy it started to feel very different in the dry, and about 1.5 secs slower that in the wet (would you believe). After fiddling with the setup and changing tyres it started to feel reasonable again.
Then the race started, and it suddenly turned into the most abominable Mini I have ever experienced, almost no grip in the rear and sliding all over the place. :eek: Maybe the auto tyre selection gave me tyres not suited to my setup :confused: The only laugh I had was watching Tim (also in the same Mini) having the same problems. At one point, we both did a perfectly synchronised slide sideways down the track.
I then tapped Bob and spun him around, very sorry Bob, I had little control and you seemed to suddenly stop in front through the turn. :sorry:
After that, I just dropped way behind the field and spent most of the race getting out of the way of lapping cars. :frown:

Race 2, I chose the Cortina, which felt better, but unfortunately was totally outclassed by nearly every other car on the grid. Apart from seeing the odd car recovering from early accidents, it was a very lonely run just trying out different lines and handling characteristics of the car. I thought the time had run out, so i spent what I thought was the final lap trying some Rally Driving and drifting the rear around the last few turns (just to amuse myself), only to find I had to do another lap as the lead cars were about to finish. That resulted in me driving the final lap, trying to see through a screen full of chat mesages. :rolleyes:

Thanks for setting this up Stu, hopefully my P & G experience can only improve from here. :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.4%