Power & Glory for GTR 2

Cars Power & Glory for GTR 2 3.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
Dave Wright submitted a new resource:

Power&Glory v3.2 Complete Installer - GTR2 Total conversion based on GTL content

Power&Glory v3.2 Complete Installer

Cort_ex.jpg

Description:

The aim of the Power&Glory mod is to produce the cars included in Simbin's GT Legends as close as we can to the way they were in the 60s and 70s. All cars have new physics and sounds, along with extensive textures and 3D modifications. We have also included some of the extra cars produced for GTL (with the permission of their creators of course).

The Power&Glory mod for...

Read more about this resource...

Anybody else having problems extracting this?

can you be more specific, what are you using to extract it? etc.

I tested it before it was made life and it was fine here. It takes a long time to extract the data files, it did look like it was stalled for some time but it gets there after a few mins.

Took me 2 minutes to download the file and the extraction with WinRAR takes around 5 minutes as well. It's massively large file that needs time to process.

thanks for the reply, got it extracted, downloaded it to a different drive and it extracted ok.

Now I'm having another problem, I was having this problem as well when I downloaded the files from the other links.

upload_2018-6-7_12-55-31.png

I'm trying to install it with the steam version, could that be my problem?

No and Yes!
The installer lacks admin rights to change the config.ini in your document folder.
First make a new folder away from steam
something like C:\Games\P&G
and copy the gtr2 folder from Steam to that new folder.
Right click on config.exe and run it as administrator
Do the same with gtr2.exe just to make a user.
I will upload a modified Steam gtr2.exe so the Porsche and Ferrari's shows up later today.

...I'm trying to install it with the steam version, could that be my problem?
Being late for this party, but here's my official report of this situation (if I remember it correctly :redface:): if you download GTR2 through Steam and *not* start it at least once before running the PnG installer, there's no CONFIG.INI created yet (thus the error). And my official excuse is that this installer version (currently in v3.2) was created before the Steam version appeared..:rolleyes:

So it's better to start the GTR2 at least once before the PnG installer.

Also I would like to point out that the installer AND the PnG itself will work just fine even under the default Programs folder without any modifications to the game or environment (no need to run it with administrator rights or compatibility settings). BUT (..oh yes..) some files will not be found from the same locations where they used to be e.g. in XP. But then again not that many people need to edit those files manually. I had a hint sheet for the "special" file locations in NoGrip, rip that :(.

cheers.. aSa C[_]

Pour moi, c'est un grand bravo que j'adresse à celui ou ceux qui ont réalisés ce nouvel opus.
Installation sans souci sous W7 64.
Félicitations.
For me, it is a big congratulations that I address to those who made this new album.
Hassle free installation under W7 64.
Congratulations.
Mod Edit:
We are an English speaking forum, please use it in future. Google translate is acceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:
this is weird.....i dont have any cockpit cam, dashcam...just the external car and no car choice when i choose any championship....

At the moment I can get the launcher working but not the game. Clean GTR2 install from DVD then P&G added but the installer strts but after I click start nothing more happens. Any ideas?

Hi! Due to our lockdown I've fired back up my driving games. I spent a LOT of time on Power and Glory years ago, before giving up and putting my time into other things. However now I have plenty of time...

I've got it all up and running ok, just two things: I can't disable ABS in the cars. Is that normal?
Secondly and by far the MOST important. nogrip is dead :( that is where I got all my how toos (add cars and tracks) and the cars and tracks files. Where do we get this files from now? I so desperately want period tracks!
Any help appreciated!

Hi! Due to our lockdown I've fired back up my driving games. I spent a LOT of time on Power and Glory years ago, before giving up and putting my time into other things. However now I have plenty of time...

I've got it all up and running ok, just two things: I can't disable ABS in the cars. Is that normal?
Secondly and by far the MOST important. nogrip is dead :( that is where I got all my how toos (add cars and tracks) and the cars and tracks files. Where do we get this files from now? I so desperately want period tracks!
Any help appreciated!

Unfortunately we'll just have to hope for a kind soul who still has the old school tracks to reupload it here.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 354 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 497 39.2%