Power and Glory Mod Installl?

I already have the GTR2 installed with the patch. Now I D/L the P&G mod,but not sure how to do a clean install so I can put the P&G in it. Do I copy the whole GTR2 and put it where? Need simple instructions and example. haven't done this before where you do a clean install from a game that I already have. Any help is appreciated.

Power & Glory 3 (PnG3) INSTALL
---------------------------------------
Install GTR2 HQ Anniversary Patch Parts 1 and 2

- you must run GTR2 at least once before installing PnG3 MOD

- download and install PnG3 mod : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/power-glory-for-gtr-2.21450/

- RUN GTR2_SETUP.CMD
>> page I choose language
>> page II choose #9 HUD PnG3 Anniversary
>> page V choose binary (NOCD IS SET BY DEFAULT)
>> page VI choose FOV (MANDATORY EVERY TIME YOU MODIFY BINARY WITH SETUP!!!)
>> page VII choose PLR* FFB (MANDATORY EVERY TIME YOU MODIFY BINARY WITH SETUP!!!)
(*) you can rename later "PLAYER.PLR" file in "GTR2\UserData\PLAYER" and "PLAYER" folder in "GTR2\UserData" with same NAME of your choice
>> page X choose UI PnG3 (adds driving school line in menu plus many tweaks in garage)
>> page XIII you can type #1 to remove safely all modern GTR2 cars which are not required for PnG3 mod
>> page XIV choose #1 OR #2 PnG3 HQ Anniversary if you want moving wipers and important fixes
>> page XXVI choose #4 PnG3 Driving School cars

- ONLY IF YOU DO NOT USE CrewChief plugin : right click on GTR2.EXE >> left click PROPERTY >> COMPATIBILITY >> tick ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS box

- from now you can run GTR2.EXE safely

Good Luck! Enjoy!

I have been running GTR2 for months already. I read that you need a fresh install of GTR2? That's where my confusion is. Do I just copy my GTR2 and put it in a new folder? None of this is making any sense to me.

Last edited:
Whet he said:

//-------------------------------------------------//
Copy Pasta isn't a new install.
I have 3 GTR2:
C:\GTR2
C:\Program Files (x86)\GTR2
C:\Program Files (x86)\PnG3

-------------------------------------------
| 1a) PRELIMINARY FOR DISC VERSION ONLY |
-------------------------------------------
- insert GTR2 DISC

- choose any language

- install GTR2 directly at the root of one of your drives like D:\GTR2HQ

- DO NOT SET 3D CONFIG : UNTICK 3D CONFIG BOX at the end of install !!!

- DO NOT RUN GTR2 YET !!!

- REMOVE GTR2 DISC and go to 2)

--------------------------------------------
| 1b) PRELIMINARY FOR STEAM VERSION ONLY |
--------------------------------------------
- Buy and install GTR2 from STEAM

- NEVER MODIFY ORIGINAL GTR2 STEAM INSTALL, KEEP IT ALWAYS CLEAN!!!

- Copy or make an archive (7z/zip/rar) of your clean GTR2 folder from STEAM\steamapps\common\GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game

- Copy or extract your clean GTR2 archive directly at the root of one of your drives like D:\GTR2HQ

Whet he said:

//-------------------------------------------------//
Copy Pasta isn't a new install.
I have 3 GTR2:
C:\GTR2
C:\Program Files (x86)\GTR2
C:\Program Files (x86)\PnG3
Doesn't help.

As you already added mods to the original install .... you don't have the original any longer except if you used JSGME or OVGME for installing mods and you might unactivate mods to get your original back.

That's why keeping a pure original version and copy it somewhere else in order to mod it is the most useful solution.
( NB: saving this pure original version on an external support can of course do the trick also .... as you always can paste it at a chosen place to create another new install for other purposes or other mods )

So now, what you can do is simply move the Steam version you already modded out of the Steamapps/Common folder and reinstall the Steam version there by downloading it a new time at its normal place.

NB: GTR2 doesn't need Steam to work .... you can place it wherever you wish.
But always keep the pure Steam version intact where it is.
Copy ( and not move ) and paste it in another folder on your PC .... to add HQ Patch and the the PnG install.

Last edited:
As you already added mods to the original install .... you don't have the original any longer except if you used JSGME or OVGME for installing mods and you might unactivate mods to get your original back.

That's why keeping a pure original version and copy it somewhere else in order to mod it is the most useful solution.
( NB: saving this pure original version on an external support can of course do the trick also .... as you always can paste it at a chosen place to create another new install for other purposes or other mods )

So now, what you can do is simply move the Steam version you already modded out of the Steamapps/Common folder and reinstall the Steam version there by downloading it a new time at its normal place.

NB: GTR2 doesn't need Steam to work .... you can place it wherever you wish.
But always keep the pure Steam version intact where it is.
Copy ( and not move ) and paste it in another folder on your PC .... to add HQ Patch and the the PnG install.
Thanks, but HOW doI I reinstall another version from Steam?

In Steam window go to your library ... look for GTR2 .... click on it and you'll be proposed to install it as it isn't present in the folder any longer.
But 1st your other original version needs to be out of the "Common" folder and moved somewhere else ....
For example: create a new folder even at the root of a C: or D: ( or other letter ) disk with a name as "GTR2_Install_1" and move the whole folder "GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game" from Steamapps/Common folder to this new created folder.

In Steam window go to your library ... look for GTR2 .... click on it and you'll be proposed to install it as it isn't present in the folder any longer.
But 1st your other original version needs to be out of the "Common" folder and moved somewhere else ....
For example: create a new folder even at the root of a C: or D: ( or other letter ) disk with a name as "GTR2_Install_1" and move the whole folder "GTR 2 - FIA GT Racing Game" from Steamapps/Common folder to this new created folder.
OK, I did that and it doesn't give me the prompt to download it. Hide this game or uninstall is 2 of the choices.

Ok ... copy the folder you moved and paste it to its original place ( but keep what you moved of course !!! ).
In the library again Steam should now be able to uninstall ... but should leave the added mod files in it .... which you will erase together with the general GTR2 folder.
Back to click on GTR2 in the library and see if "Install" is now available ....
If yes ... it will reinstall as an original ( as you deleted the mod files ) and uninstalled GTR2 with Steam
If no ... just check the integrity of files for GTR2 ... it should then redownload and install the missing files ( else said ... everything ;) ) but solution 1 should work.

Last edited:
Right click on Gtr2 in Steam Menu
Select Properties
Select Local files
Select Verify files.

You might have to have the original folder name and maybe a few other files.
You can copy the steam folder back to common folder and then delete all the sub folders that way you will get a clean install without the mods
Then copy that clean Gtr2 steam folder to a new location and install P&G.

Not sure if there is an easier way but this has always worked for me.

OK, just read all of the last 2 posts.Haven't had time to do it as Ijust got home from work.Will get to it tomorrow morning. Thanks. I do have my GTR2 folder with the mods in a C root file folder and changed the name. Do I change the name back to the original when I go to uninstall?

Last edited:
No need to uninstall anything, unless you want too.
Apart from the gtr2 steam install you can name the Gtr2 folder what ever you want.
Look at the steam install for Gtr2 as a clean back up and everytime you want a big mod or very different mod make a new copy of that install somewhere else.
Then if it is not for you just delete that gtr2 install.

No need to uninstall anything, unless you want too.
Apart from the gtr2 steam install you can name the Gtr2 folder what ever you want.
Look at the steam install for Gtr2 as a clean back up and everytime you want a big mod or very different mod make a new copy of that install somewhere else.
Then if it is not for you just delete that gtr2 install.
Confused now as to what you have said.

Ok ... copy the folder you moved and paste it to its original place ( but keep what you moved of course !!! ).
In the library again Steam should now be able to uninstall ... but should leave the added mod files in it .... which you will erase together with the general GTR2 folder.
Back to click on GTR2 in the library and see if "Install" is now available ....
If yes ... it will reinstall as an original ( as you deleted the mod files ) and uninstalled GTR2 with Steam
If no ... just check the integrity of files for GTR2 ... it should then redownload and install the missing files ( else said ... everything ;) ) but solution 1 should work.
Sure,, I can uninstall it, just not sure if it will remove the one that I have hidden in my root C drive also?

No ... Steam will only remove the one of its own install in Steamapps/common
The copy you made at the root of C drive will remain intact.

Even though I already was sure of myself :D I just tested it for your own safety and it's now reinstalling ;)
NB: new copy done - uninstall with Steam .. - reinstall with Steam ..: new original GTR2 back in place.

Last edited:
And remember to keep it original and safe.
When you wish a new modded GTR2 install ... make a copy of this original somewhere else and mod it there and not in Steam.
That way if your disks are big enough ... you might even do 10 different installs ! :roflmao:

NB: each install with a different root folder name of course

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 329 28.0%