Potential freeby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
Gents, I got my Logi G25 last night, and inside the box was a Wingman Software disc (so far, so normal), but also an RFactor disc.

I've not had time to look at it yet, and I was wondering if anyone here knows whether it's the full monty, or a demo thing, through previous experience?

Obviously I'll have a shufty myself, but I was just wondering if anyone here had any experience with this item.

And - just as importantly - if you can, objectively, is rfactor any good in comparison to GTRE & GTL?

Thanks in advance.

i agree with David here. There are way too many mods out there for one to be bored. You will definitely find a mod that you like. you won't regret it.
Last to posts are the story of rFactor, great mods and loads of tracks and always servers online crowded with ppl . A game still at the top of simracing after the release in 2005. Graphics are great and no weird things on my pc in the years i play rF . I switch with Alt-TaB several times in RacingClub events without a problem to desktop,and no quality lost for me :nono:
My own rFactor is now 24.2 GB and running smooth :peace:
Just get it :hug:

I dont like rfactor cos whenever i minimise and then go back 2 it, it messes up the graphics so i have to do a reinstall of the core files and also theres no rain, also they should get rid of the stupid credits system for buying vehicles etc.

Open it in Windows Mode.
Are you using Vista?

Who need rain? In Portugal we don't. LOL

For Buying, wright ISI_BABYFACTORY in the chat box and go out of the track. And you by all cars.

Try Racing with everything (helps) in OFF, and you are in a simulator, not a game like GTR EVO. LOL

70Gb in one instalation of rFactor and no problems.

I took delivery today of one the 8 quid ebay copies,and i must say i am more than impressed with rFactor,i feel a bit stupid now not getting this long ago,and this was just a brief couple of races with the Ai at Montreal GP with one of the standard cars,cant remember what it was called,like a little touring car thing a bit Solstice from iRacing-like,after a bit of tweaking controller sensitivities i could instantly feel some nice sim physics quality going on,and it runs so flawless with all gfx settings set up high.

rFactor Rocks Big Time :)

Mine came through the post today, so the GLW tells me.

I'm looking forward to having a bash on this. I don't see it as a competitor to GTRE but more of a complimentary experience.

This weekend will be mod downloads ahoy, I suspect, with the Evo Eliminator Saturday night.

Yum, and moreover, yum.

Not the metaphor I would have used, personally, but yes, once it's all installed I'll have one great big tub of simulation-centric antibacterial ointment to slather over my inflamed racing sores, some say pustules, some say buboes.

Sorry, if anyone is reading this and eating breakfast. :D

So, had a quick go on this yesterday, downloaded the Lupo, the Megane, F1 79 and Beetles.

Very, very promising. Couldn't get realfeel to work, though, but it didn't matter too much to start off with.

Mind you - suddenly having to use that pedal shaped footrest the G25 has on it to change gear smoothly threw me for a bit.

Didn't get on the the F1 07 (possibly the deficiencies on my ffb mean that it made it even harder that it already is), but I lurves them Lupos.

Rfactor central is one of my favourite haunts for good mods and tracks - for a really good version of the Nordscheife, get the 2007 version - my favourite at the moment - you can't beat some 1960's minis hurtling around this classic track for 4 laps (all they can manage on a full tank!!) :D

Personally I find rFactor as good offline as online - and once you get used to the open source feel to the game, you can create your own seasons, rules, points systems, skins and even full blown mods if you want.. It's not protected like most games - all of the game configs are in text files.

On Rfactor central best place to start is the hall of fame which will give you a good base to start off with. Then you can add the other stuff at your leisure. You should always get a mod manager as well to manage all the mods makes installing and removing them a lot easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back