AC *Postponed*Daytona Prototypes @ Daytona - 26th Jan 2020

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What does this mean? Just reducing the wing angles, or are there other settings involved in low downforce configuration?

Sorry for my ignorance, but I played Assetto Corsa for the first time a week ago. I'm still learning the basics.
I think its called ''HDF Package'' in the wings screen(stands for High Downforce Package). Value 1 = on and Value 0 = off = Low Downforce Package.

I think its called ''HDF Package'' in the wings screen(stands for High Downforce Package). Value 1 = on and Value 0 = off = Low Downforce Package.
Thanks, I'll have a proper poke around the setup menu. I don't think I'm sensitive enough to tell the difference between most of the settings, to be honest. I usually just put a bit of wing on for cornering grip. I think I'll have a setup evening this evening.

Thanks, I'll have a proper poke around the setup menu. I don't think I'm sensitive enough to tell the difference between most of the settings, to be honest. I usually just put a bit of wing on for cornering grip. I think I'll have a setup evening this evening.
It cuts downforce by 40% if I recall correctly, so I’m fairly sure you’ll notice. Daytona is almost always run at super low downforce, more so than Le Mans.

Last edited:
you can defenitely notice if you're running the high downforce setup or not, first of all you can feel you've more understeer through fast corners, but above all you go like 20kp/h faster on the oval

I got to say; This Dallara must be the most dullest car I have ever driven. The sounds are not right either. no throttle, no sound! Very off-putting.
might miss this one. i will try the other car first.
rather just have the normal Chevy!

I was all at sea when practicing just now. But then I found a second just by putting my brake balance back. I was running 60% to the front and couldn't stop for the slow corners. I put it back to 56-57% and it made a world of difference.

So that's basically no wing in the low downforce configuration, 6th gear at 320kph. I didn't change any other settings (although I'm sure I would find time if I knew what I was doing). High 38s to low 39s with race fuel.

The high downforce package feels SO MUCH better in the infield, but is so slow on the straights that it isn't worth running IMO.

I hope this might help others who find this car unusual to drive.

Try driving faster :)

Have to say, the RD crowd might not be the right one to hold races in with cars that are at all realistic. Always seem to be complaints from folks that can’t drive (either they’re constantly crashing or very slow and complaining the car doesn’t handle well). Sticking to KS content may serve better.
"This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help the don't hesitate to ask on TeamSpeak... there's no such thing as a stupid question!"
These events start with this paragraph copied above, so perhaps your comments could bare this in mind. I think I understand why your back went up because those in the modding community, like yourself, have improved our experience well beyond what could be expected, for which I thank you - seriously!

These events are not a league, and because it's not super competitive it's encouraged a huge range and variation of people here with (having got to know them - you might try one day?), for example, problems in life that might keep them away from competitive environments, disabilities (physical and mental) they might not want to talk about in a public forum. There are a many of those here, if you didn't know.

Some of those people could have a knee jerk 'f*** you' moment, and you could do the same, but maybe you might consider your fantastic work is appreciated by a great many, though perhaps try to grasp there are those that might like a leg-up, a bit of help to improve and understand.

I have 3x as many posts as you here and 6x the “reaction score” (whatever that quantifies). I’m not planning on paying for a service I’ll never use, but I’ve uploaded 9 resources to RD, so I think that compensates.

Calling cars “horrible” with no reasoning other than that you find them “dull” isn’t particularly pleasant either. Since similar things have happened in the past, I decided I’d vent a bit, because it’s frustrating to read baseless criticism of a piece of work released for free to a greedy community.

To further the setup discussion and get things back on track, the car’s not really designed to handle the cornering loads it’s capable of in HDF trim (high CoG, immense downforce, no 3rd springs, etc), and LDF trim moves aero bias around quite a bit. You’ll need a setup compromise (e.g. stiffer rear arb and higher rake) to make it pleasant to drive after switching from one to the other. Increasing power lock in the diff will make it more lively on corner exit.
i've 3 times the posts of you, twice the resources and double the amount of total downloads, and do pay for a premium membership here. do all these stats matter? no so why are they relevant? releasing our content to the public for free doesn't mean we're immune to critiscism or simple opinions. i've learned that myself over the years. Get of your freaking high horse and appreciate the fact people are actually willing to use your content instead of slacking them off

These events are not a league, and because it's not super competitive it's encouraged a huge range and variation of people here with (having got to know them - you might try one day?), for example, problems in life that might keep them away from competitive environments, disabilities (physical and mental) they might not want to talk about in a public forum. There are a many of those here, if you didn't know.

Some of those people could have a knee jerk 'f*** you' moment, and you could do the same, but maybe you might consider your fantastic work is appreciated by a great many, though perhaps try to grasp there are those that might like a leg-up, a bit of help to improve and understand.
Sure, I completely understand that and am well aware of the RD racing environment. Since KS content is easier and people are more familiar with it, there's higher likelihood of everyone enjoying it (and thus keeping doors open to the individuals you mention), hence my original comment. Everyone wins in that scenario.

i've 3 times the posts of you, twice the resources and double the amount of total downloads, and do pay for a premium membership here. do all these stats matter? no so why are they relevant? releasing our content to the public for free doesn't mean we're immune to critiscism or simple opinions. so get of your freaking high horse and appreciate the fact people are actually willing to use your content instead of slacking them off
"When you actually pay up and join RD, we may, listen to you" is the only reason it's relevant. I don't think it holds any bearing on the conversation; stating my statistics was done to prove exactly that point. Criticism and opinions are fine as long as they're substantiated. Calling something "horrible" is a very different thing than saying the engine sounds are too quiet at low loads/rpm (which I agree with and have agreed with since the first release back in 2015). I have every right to voice my opinion in response - if the car's "dull," it's not being driven hard/fast enough.

And "greedy community" was in reference to sim racing (or really any gaming) consumers as a whole, not RD specifically.

@HF2000 Han, I know I was involved in the conversation but you are right. Yes, it is too far away from the spirit of the RD Community. However, I just voiced an opinion that the cars just were not right. I don’t like the audio. When you change gears to slow down, the audio kind of disappears and only returns when you accelerate again. This is is very off-putting to me.
The other issue is basically, I didn’t like the cars at all. They are dull to drive and not at all exciting. I made plenty of setup changes, even the ones suggested by the mod developer but just found the audio wrong and the cars, in my words, horrible to drive.

I thought the developer was extremely rude in his comments and it was not called for. No matter what his excuses, he insulted the RD Community and more.

I am in a wheelchair because of my military service. I had a serious crash in my helicopter and spent a year in hospital where I also had a stroke. Rehab was long and demanding but I still ended up in a wheelchair. My legs work but my spine is damaged. I have a weak left side. After being involved in 4 conflict/wars, I also suffer from PTSD.

I am not fast as you know, but I always try and finish a race without crashing. To be able to race online with you guys is an amazing experience for me, and one which I never thought I would be able to achieve. There. Welcome to my life. But, I don’t complain about my life as I chose to join the Forces, and had a great time in my 25 or so years.

I am telling you this because one of the other guys in our group mentioned disabilities etc and here I am opening up for the first time to prove that also, I am not alone in RD with problems.

So, to you, I apologise if this ‘conversation’ upset you and I will try to not exchange bad words again.

It is not in the RD spirit and it is wrong. But I won’t change my comments. I do not like the cars, simple.

I hope we can all settle down and continue our fun in AC.

@HF2000 Han, I know I was involved in the conversation but you are right. Yes, it is too far away from the spirit of the RD Community. However, I just voiced an opinion that the cars just were not right. I don’t like the audio. When you change gears to slow down, the audio kind of disappears and only returns when you accelerate again. This is is very off-putting to me.
The other issue is basically, I didn’t like the cars at all. They are dull to drive and not at all exciting. I made plenty of setup changes, even the ones suggested by the mod developer but just found the audio wrong and the cars, in my words, horrible to drive.

I thought the developer was extremely rude in his comments and it was not called for. No matter what his excuses, he insulted the RD Community and more.

I am in a wheelchair because of my military service. I had a serious crash in my helicopter and spent a year in hospital where I also had a stroke. Rehab was long and demanding but I still ended up in a wheelchair. My legs work but my spine is damaged. I have a weak left side. After being involved in 4 conflict/wars, I also suffer from PTSD.

I am not fast as you know, but I always try and finish a race without crashing. To be able to race online with you guys is an amazing experience for me, and one which I never thought I would be able to achieve. There. Welcome to my life. But, I don’t complain about my life as I chose to join the Forces, and had a great time in my 25 or so years.

I am telling you this because one of the other guys in our group mentioned disabilities etc and here I am opening up for the first time to prove that also, I am not alone in RD with problems.

So, to you, I apologise if this ‘conversation’ upset you and I will try to not exchange bad words again.

It is not in the RD spirit and it is wrong. But I won’t change my comments. I do not like the cars, simple.

I hope we can all settle down and continue our fun in AC.

I'm aware of that you've had a hard life and I empathise with difficulties that you're experiencing presently. I do feel though that it's not right to say 'they are dull to drive and not at all exciting...', as though it's a matter of fact. When someone has probably spent hundreds of hours creating a mod I think it is incumbent upon us as users to be tactful where we find fault with a mod. We all make faux pas, and occasionally the developer sees the comment. I've done it & I've apologised even when I feel my criticism was valid - for greater good & all that.

As far as mclarenf1papa's comments are concerned, I suspect he was upset to see his work called in to question. His comments are less than flattering about the RD community, but he is also part of that community.

Patrick, can we draw a line under this mate. I am not going to change my mind. You know, I have driven both cars round Spa this morning just to see what they are like. Tried various setups and I just do not enjoy driving them. The audio is a big issue to me but the thing is I do honestly find the cars dull. So, I have tried them again.But, lets put this to bed mate. Its not that big a deal. I am not a fan, and macf1 guy perhaps wants everyone to like them. Thats life. No more to be said. Oh, and I have had and still having, a great life!

At this point in time I must withdraw from the event. My wife informs me I gave this time to another gathering and I have to be there. There is a slim chance the event will be cancelled, hoping for that so I can re-enter.

@JoelK Thanks you for running a race that matches a real life event date wise, I really like that!

While I think the conversation about these mods and such is good, but this much hostility is just too much and this kind of shouting at each other shouldn't be had in a race thread. Next time these kind of messages in the race thread will be deleted immediately, and conversation will then be continued(if that's the case) in the pm's. I won't tolerate this kind of hostility here. Neither towards mod-makers or towards ordinary members and fellow racers.

Even if a mod doesn't seem to suit your driving style etc. and you can't get in grips with it, it shouldn't just called **** out-loud, some manners are required when giving feedback. And also this kind of language towards our members will not be tolerated either.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back