posting of modified data.acd

This was probably already asked, but

if I want to change settings on lights.ini for a mod that I'm working in, am I allowed to post it here as well ??? as long as I repack everything back into data.acd ?
and I won't be changing the actual .kn5 either

it will be a
- new data.acd
- some more .ini files for additional light stuff
- new kn5 for additional lights added to the car

I'm doing a light mod for Evora GTE, where I change how the rear lights look - through the custom shader patch - and while I was at it, I added reverse light and turn signals as well

lights_evora.jpg

I was told however, something I haven't though about

new data.acd would break MP racing :(
so I suppose the only other workaround, if I can't get it to work as intended with custom shaders, would to be release this as a new car :) but I don't think that's cool to use Kunos car as a base and only update it a bit

( reminds me of the Ferrari F40 LM that got banned)

btw. I tried it and I think there is a bug or difference to how it works compared to AC

In AC,
[LIGHT]
COLOR - gives you the emission for the light
OFF_COLOR gives you emission when lights are OFF, for things like daytime running lights

This works same in custom shader patch

if the light type [BRAKE] however
COLOR gives you emission when brakes are ON
OFF_COLOR gives you emission when rear lights are ON
if rear lights are OFF, then the emission is also OFF
this is currently NOT how it works in custom shader patch, but hopefully they can fix it ?

FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR=5,0.6,0.45

Is the equivalent of OFF_COLOR for brakelights/turnsignals in the patch. HEADLIGHTS because it's this colour if headlights are on and the main function's off. there's also FALLBACK_BRAKES_COLOR that you can use on turn signals if they light up when braking. (american brake/turn signals will use COLOR when the turn signal's active and on, FALLBACK_HEADLIGHTS_COLOR when the headlights are on and the turn signal's active and off or inactive, FALLBACK_BRAKES_COLOR when the brakes are on and the turn signal's inactive, and OFF_COLOR when the headlights, turn signal, and brakes are all off or the turn signal is active and off.)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 152 7.7%
  • < 5 years