GT5 Post your Gran Turismo 5 rating

I think the Ai gets better when you are doing 'higher' events! I am doing extreme now, and the Ai is very competive, but maybe it's because I am using an concept DTM car against actual DTM cars and Super GT cars.

Also, yes they do like to push, but if you watch the replay you'll see that you are cutting across the raceline

Slightly off topic, but can anyone tell me if Gran Turismo 1 and Gran Turismo 2 for the original Playstation had force feedback support, or even rumble support for the dual shock controller?

I'm thinking about playing them on PC via emulator.

Oh and by the way, one of my favorite things in the whole game is the fact that when you drift, your tires make incredible amounts of smoke compared to gt4. It just makes drifting so much more rewarding! :)

The big disappointment for me is that there is very little new in GT5. Almost all there is has been there in earlier gran turismos.

Polyphony focused for 5 years to make the game look better but forgot almost everything else. Where's the game in GT5?

Gave it a 7/10. Too little. Feels more like GT5:prologue than the real GT5 I was expecting. Not that I was expecting everything to be perfect, but where's the improvements to the competitions, career and tuning? It's all the same it has always been in gran turismos. Forza3 did it so much better.

Mildly disappointed, I gave it a 6/10. The tuning section is less comprehensive than previous versions. The are less available race events for offline racing, the AI has a worse driving attitude than some teen players Ive encountered and dumping the Licences for the XP leveling system feels like Ive stepped into GTWOW. Having said that the graphics are nice (42" 1080p screen). The handling feels as positive as always. The ability to listen to your own tunes while driving is great and adding B-Spec so my wife can play instead of bugging me about playing "That Racing Game" is just pure genius. Nice to come home after a day at work and have an extra couple of Mill to spend on cars and parts without me having to race for it.

Still after almost 3 weeks, it's getting better and better. It's just so deep and the amount of content is incredible. I still haven't seen some of the tracks (Cape Ring Full version, SSR7, Indy Road and some more) and only got about 120 cars in my garage. I'll probably rate it in 2 months :tongue:

So finally after 3 weeks of testing I end up with my Result. GT5 is good, but not that good as expected. There are several points, where I don't have the feeling of a new game or even a real Driving experience.

I am a GT fan since hour 0, so I own all GT games. 800 Cars seem just imported from GT4. The audience is just a bunch of 2D-Pixels. Trees are mostly not modeled in 3D, but that aren't things, which are disturbing me. The Sound in GT5 is like the same in every 2nd car. It sounds like an average arcade Game e.g. NFS. It can't even be set in relations to the sound in GTR-Evolution. I have been to many Race Events in Germany and GTR-Evolution is the only Game, where a Corvette sounds like the real car and the same with the DB9 and the Audi R8.

The physics in GT5 feel like every car is too heavy, but in the same way they are realistic. In the cockpit-view you really feel every up and down on the track. The steering is good, feels natural and easy. The cockpit view itself lokks good, but is too far away, and if you want to get closer, to even see something trough these tiny windows, the camera is just zooming and everything feels wrong.

The prices for cars are set too high and there is no ability to get the car you want, because it is a standard car and you have to be lucky to find it in the used car. I am waiting for the formula GT for about 5 days and still dont have it. I am driving 5 races until the list is filled with new cars but no luck. The driving-helps in GT5 are good in the first hours, but after a few hours, things like the active steering are ruining your times, because they keep you from accelerating in turns which makes you really slow.

The online mode is a good feature but not a solid one. It is hard to get a good race, because there is always one guy with a 2 times faster car than yours. You can choose Cars as the host, which all drivers can drive, but when most drivers cant drive their favorite, the just leave and you get only 4 drivers on the server. Driving-helps are mostly completely disabled, what is nonsense, because nearly every racing car in reality has a traction control. And after tons of rounds in a race you don't even get experience or even money.

The Track-editor is weak, it is also not an important point, but there would be no tear, if this feature would be left out. The B-Spec mode is a good feature if you don't feel like driving or are just eating for a while. GT-TV is good, it is fast and lets you watch videos of the production, race events, driving school and much more.

GT5 is not bad, even with this much negative to say. It is a solid game, which is mostly realistic but also fun. In 1000 cars you will definitely find your favorite one, especially the premium cars look totally amazing and sometimes beyond PS3. Yamauchi really did a good job on this game, it offers you tons of events to drive, you can share cars and keep in touch with your friends, by its own community.

I drove tons of kilometers, earned mostly gold ans silver medals in license-test, and only gold ones in the races and it is still fun. It takes long to get a good car or even if you really start with all the things, GT5 has to offer. But after a while you get somehow addicted to this game and are thirsty for more. For GT6 I wish there were no more standard cars, a better sound for the engines in the cockpit view, an adjustable camera in the cockpit-view and a reconstructed online mode with money, experience points, and events for every power-segment.

Over all, GT5 gets 8 out of 10 points, from me.

I think this game is realy lacking in cars from lvl 24 up to 40 as there isnt any around to buy between those levels.
allso its a right grind to level from 32 onwards its all 7 hour races or 24 hours.
Plus the camera views on replays on the prime cars are better than during the race.

@Blake-Lee Danher I would like to see GT5-DLC in the store soon =) definetily would keep GT5 alive, also patches for the online mode would be great. In Prologue they did some good updates.

Poliphony is reading my posts! In todays update 1.0.5 GT5 has now online rewards like exp and money. Also a special car shop has been added, so you can buy the cars you need for challenges like the formula race car, and don't have to wait endless till it appears in the used car shop. there is also a backup service for your save games, so when you buy the wrong car you can backup. even events have been added and the rewards in races have been raised. so GT5 makes fun again and now gets 9/10 points from me. also the fact that GT5 will release more cars in the store as dlc changes my mind. just the sound of the cars is keeping GT5 from 10/10 points.

Well after about 10 hours play behind me, I suppose I can rate it.

The graphics firstly are unbelievable, I have never seen anything like it. When sitting in cockpit view of a Ferrari 458 through Madrid or doing the Alfa Romeo 8c challenge in the Eiger challenge, it's just mindblowing. I don't really mind about the Premium/Standard thing, I don't notice a huge difference really. I just think of the Premium cars as a bonus rather than the Standard cars being a hindrance, if you look at it like that you appreciate the game more.

The AI are extremely slow. This really ruins the game for me. I have only really needed to push to my maximum in a race in about 2 occasions. As I said in another thread: For example, in a Professional race - Supercar Challenge, I was in a standard Ferrari 458, and I was up against a Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Zonda, McLaren SLR etc.etc. basically, I was about the 8th quickest car there. Yet, in an oval I won the race by 2 seconds and the Veyron came 9th.
I do enjoy winning but it's got to the stage where I just want to lose a race for once, or at least have to fight for a win.

The driving itself however is brilliant! The sounds and physics are epic which make driving this game so fun. I admit it's not as realistic (IMO) as GTR Evolution, RFactor etc. but it kicks any other consoles games butt in terms of realism and driving pleasure. The cars handle and feel different, and it takes time to adjust between the cars, which is good aswell. I also love getting the tail out in rear wheel drive cars, very fun to do!

GT5 mode is pretty short compared to GT4, and because of the crap AI, its not challenging at all. I remember in GT4 where I had to finetune my car and do an event 10 times before winning, so I was far happier when I won the challenge as I had to work for it. I'm 20% through already and in 10 hours have a Murcelago, Ferrari 458, 512, California, Dodge Viper and about 30more cars. In GT4, it usually took about 2 or 3weeks worth of play time to buy one good car. I did it in about 3 hours in GT5.
The licenses and Special Events are the only challenging element of the game, once they're completed I really think I will be bored of this game already.

Online is the biggest farce I have ever seen. I entered 2 games and the cars ranged from an F1 car to a Mini Cooper. There is no structure at all, which means I always have to race in a Zonda for me to have a chance of competing. I would love class systems where the can be Suzuki Swift races, Audi TT races etc. (RD club *cough* *cough* :D)

I think I'm nearly bored of this game already, which is a truly horrible thought considering I got it 2 days ago. I hope there is a new element of the game I havent found yet that will change it for me, but I will probably complete the A-Spec events in about a week, then another week for licenses and Special Events and that's me done with it sadly. There is B-Spec, but as you can't speed it up it's the biggest waste of space ever!

I rate it a 7/10. This game has the potential to be a 10, but there are so many stupid things wrong with it that ruin it for me.
The AI ruin this game for me, if they were more competitive then it would be a far more enjoyable experience. There also should be more exciting events, like a full blown NASCAR Championship, a full Rally Event, a Karting Championship, Drifting events and the bring back of manufacturer races like in GT4.
I am comparing this game to GT4 and everytime pointing to how GT4 was better, something I never thought I'd be doing, It;s just a shame this game has missed the chance to go #1 in my view of racing games.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back