GT5 Post your Gran Turismo 5 rating

For example: there aren't any bumps in the road (or I am not feeling them) with GT5, and it feels like riding on a billiard table.
PS: I race with a G25 steering wheel attached to a playseat.

Do a lap on the Daytona oval and tell me there are no bumps in the game :) I find most tracks have a suitably 'lively' surface, Nordschleife is another example that springs to mind.

And bumps in simbin games are exegarated (or whatever the word is) 10x so you can actually feel them in ffb.

The tire model is much better than Simbin (and most rFactor mods), as it is actually possible to catch a drift. I suggest to try Niels Heusinks Corvette C6 mod for rF to get an idea what GT5's tires are about!

I think GT5 atm is 9.

But maybe its me (and I have a sweetspot for this), but there is a looooot of potentional. It is really a rough diamond, worth 6/5, and I hope with some updates we'll see some of the edges disappear, and with GT6 we'll have a fully polished diamond.

Forza as a game is better polished, but as a 'sim' it scores lower in my opinion. I think the IGN review is pretty much spot on on this.

I'm happy with the game. its about what I expected. brings back fond memories of earlier versions of the game. I don't know what the complaining is about, what did they expect for 60 bucks, a ride in real race car.geez guys its only a game,enjoy it for what it is or move on to complain about the next game.

A solid 8.5 for me, my opinion could change as i spend more time with GT5, but 8.5 for me is pretty good based mainly on first impressions and initial experiences, day 2 and still getting through the license thing, happy with silver medals at the moment, if i get gold then bonus, just want to start racing asap, wanna get the license stuff out of the way first.

Noticed what could be ps3 limitations being reached in one the Rally replays 'Toscana' a lot going on graphically.. dust, debris's, lighting, crowd animations etc PS3 starting to chug a bit during these scenes. Actual gameplay seemed unaffected.

For a console that's now a few years old, i'm amazed at how well the aging PS3 graphic's chip render's some of GT5's images compared to some of the high end PC graphic's card's with similar software titles eg: NFS-Shift.
As the PS3 is not likely able to match the graphic horsepower of the latest Nvidia or ATi offering, It does a good job with what it has, if you have a full HDTV/monitor with HDMI connection, you will see GT5 at it's best, correct me if i'm wrong but GT5 is one of the few PS3 Racing titles with full 1080p support, other titles like Dirt2 etc 720p only.

The PS3 does a pretty good job keeping everything watchable and very playable resulting in a lot of fun, it's also the first time with the exception of 'Prologue' that i have used a wheel for a GT game, just makes for a better GT5 experience.

Now to adjust those damn brakes.

Hey Chaps, new to the forum.

After I let the hype subside and put a bit of time into GT5 I found it to be a game full of +/- so I've given it an 8.

Some aspects of the game are truly remarkable the handling physics, force feedback, premium cars, tyre model, track surface, karting, rallying and music. But, and I hate to be negative, some aspects are truly truly dire!

The AI in fact get on to trading standards about that because they have no intelligence what so ever. It is just a scripted mess which I feel needs to be sorted out they are nothing more than mobile chicanes they don't react to you and if you are on the race line they just barge you out the way.
The standard cars are shockingly bad, I'm not fussed about cockpit view on all cars but at least make an effort on them it looks like they've got some apprentice artist to render them. They are truly horrid, polygons evident, flat textures, low resolution just horrid for the flagship game.
The tuning model. Seeing as GT started this of it should be above and beyond everything else out there. It seems like an after thought. This sums it up for me, re-mapping and putting a race cat on an E-Type! Don't even get me started on there being no brake upgrade. Who even does a track day without upgrading the pads!
The sounds again, like the standard car modelling, they are flat and have no substance. The classic race cars sound great though running up the chuff of a GT40 is just immense. But everything else, when you have a bump it sounds like your hitting the baking tray in the kitchen, is just flat and has no depth.
The tracks. The asphalt is fine I have no issues with that but the scenery is just terrible. Take the Top Gear test track for example there are sections on that where you can see joins going along the grass from where they've just joined different sections of the track together. admitted it doesn't harm the game play but it's just the details which this company is noted for that are lacking.
Online......well I've not even had a game because it keeps locking up so I can't really review that!

So yea a solid 8. good game with truly brilliant aspects but let down by bodges. For the flag ship PS3 game a bit of a let down. I've got this nagging feeling that F1 2010 is more complete than this.

shadows , headlight glass, jaggies, screen tearing, just a few things,there is more ps2 gfx than ps3, even the wife said whats up with the picture and she knows nowt and i play it on a 42in 1080p phillips ambilight its not good for 5 years work and they got to keep patching it good greaf

shadows , headlight glass, jaggies, screen tearing, just a few things, even the wife said whats up with the picture and she knows nowt and i play it on a 42in 1080p phillips ambilight its not good for 5 years work and they got to keep patching it good greaf
Was the first thing i noticed. wish they woulda released this on pc. woulda done the graphics justice..

Do a lap on the Daytona oval and tell me there are no bumps in the game :) I find most tracks have a suitably 'lively' surface, Nordschleife is another example that springs to mind.
Ok, yesterday I have driven Trial Mountain, and I must say this was MUCH better then I expected.
I had a lot of fun, and it felt good.
Don't drive the tracks that were in gt5p though, because they probably didn't change anything about these tracks, and they feel exactly like driving gt5p, which I think is bad.
I hope the other new tracks are as good as trial mountain, because then GT5 is a keeper.

I voted 8/10, though the look of excitement on my face when i first raced my Mclaren F1 road car was like nothing before. Its like my boyhood dream to drive a Mclaren F1, and the game seems to have captured it really well. Felt really good to pass the AI Bugatti Veyron on the straight in the supercar challenge.

This game aint perfect, but i love it. Mclaren F1 and Ferrari 512BB is all i need.

I am quite disappointed. It feels much more like gt4.5 than gt5. Those 800 Standard cars should not be in the game. it cheapens the whole game.
Why is there no hood cam?! The cockpit cam is annoying. shakes too much. if you have a camera in the cockpit, yes it shakes, but your vision in the car as the driver doesnt shake that much or at least your eyes dont hurt after 1 minute like in this game.
I played it first on my 55" samsung and it looked kinda bad. Hooked it up to my pc monitor witha hdmi-dvi cable and it looked much better, probably because the pixels are smaller.
Will have a GT5 lan party later today. Let's hope it works in LAN.

I'm giving this an 8/10.....I would have given it a 9 but the AI has not made any progress since the 1st GT on PS1, especially after playing F1 2010 (the AI is far better in this game)...maybe Polyphony should do some head hunting from codemasters programming department :)
I'm sure many of you would say to try the online racing if your unhappy with the AI...and I'm sure I'll be playing online real soon but I'm getting the most out single playing right now. I do also feel there should be a different rating for single player and online just to see the comparisons between different players.....the lack of tracks is a bit of a minus too but lets hope more turn up in the way of DLC. By and far this is a truely great game and I will be playing it for a long time to come :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back