Post Processing "ON" slower lap time?

Is there anyone who can test this? When my PP turned OFF, I was 1.5-2 seconds faster than with PP turned ON. The difference is when PP is turned ON my fps ranges from 59-65 and 100-120 when OFF but i was 1.5-2 seconds slower. I tried 10 laps turned OFF and about 20 when ON.

Car Used: Ferrari 458 GT2
Track: Imola
Lap Time
Post Processing ON: 1:49.811
Post Processing OFF: 1:48.113

I think there is some imput/visual lag and that may cause this...above 90 FPS there isnt any noticeable difference in lap time...

Test it this way...turn everything lower and let the PP ON...this way you keep high FPS,and see how is the lap times...:)

Same statement as Kristian on 1st post.

For our open race of this evening at my league, I tested a few laps on our prequal server.
- PPE unactivated: half a second faster
- 2 or 3 graphic settings lower than usual: another half second faster.

Test made with a Sierra RS500 Cosworth on Sachsenring.

PS: surely more noticeable on lower GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 ti 2Gb on my side

I made a clean install after having confusing problems with the game (I had similar problems with ATI HD 7850 2GB 256 bit gpu). Then, I only added sweet fx and mortal's pp effects, now everything is ok with maximum settings and over 50 car mods and 50 tracks.

So I advice you to go back to the original system and cfg files, then reinstall only the apps which you decide are the best.

You can also make a clean install to another hard drive and copy the indeed original files from there to your exact game directory (that's what I did actually) This will not cause any data loss (replays, records etc.)

ps: I used a torrent version for second install.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 233 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years