Post Pictures thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, backing to racer, and what about doing a new section for screenshots? Everybody may agree with me, 160 pages are a bit too hard to find anything.

Well, about game, backing with 2.7L V6 DOHC TwinTurbo 265hp@5800rpm Quattro 01'

screenshot124copy.jpg

screenshot125copy-1.jpg

screenshot126copy-1.jpg

Bonus: Raphael's MR-S

screenshot119copy.jpg

Peugeot 206GTi :)
206gti.jpg

Only one problem. the glass haven't got reflection shader becaue there is a problem in body.dof and I can't fix it because I don't know how to fix it :( If I remove glowing in material editor the glass become not transparent

latrippa, check your normals, I'm a 99% sure....

Just reverse them & check them graphically, like display > face normals, it's a common function which I use extensively !
If you're a perfectionnist like me, you can duplicate your windows glass & have 2 models of glass overlayed, with normals facing indoor & outdoor, if you understand what I mean, check the Net for more info.

+ add a alpha layer (> new layer) & invert it + customize its brightness, finally apply a transparent shader in car.shd.

Swift, yeah great, but your inside needles seems to float in air....& remember my advices for your mirror UVs...

Hope that helps !
1 Love guys

iQDoq.jpg

cOl10.jpg

It is far, far, far from perfect... but it's also more than nothing.

Current major problems:
- arctangent is not unique, when you pass 90 degrees between cab and trailer it tends to suddenly be elsewhere (this can't be directly fixed cause atan2 is broken)
- the trailer's not rotating around the hitch, but slightly in front of it
- when the road is sloped, it goes crazy

EDIT: fixed first 2, still has issues on sloped roads
gL9k7.jpg

y7TVb.jpg

This thing is too big for most tracks... even the Autobahn's a little tight.

I find high third person (cam 2, except angled down more and from a bit farther back) to be the easiest to control at high speeds.
xlBDw.jpg

I mostly drive from that and a front-view for maneuvering (since the mirror can't see the trailer it's not much help)

Why ? I think it looks very cool.

Why you say? maybe because you asked 'how it looks' and i replied with my feedback. Well maybe i didn't elaborate as much as i should have. The wheels look too sporty and because we have had many experiences with SLR's, seeing its wheels on a different car makes it rather weird. Its a bit like putting a Bugatti Veyron wheel on a Subaru Impreza :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back