Post Pictures thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
finally a baked body...
screenshot294.png

screenshot295.png

• Tiberius

The baked tex looks much better, but that car still looks like something you'd find in a hospital gynecology department..

Yep, me, Ford Scorpio, I know..I know. Don't go there :-/

The baked tex looks much better, but that car still looks like something you'd find in a hospital gynecology department..

Yep, me, Ford Scorpio, I know..I know. Don't go there :-/
I'm not sure wheter to take that as a compliment or criticism lol, i guess I should ask, in what way to you does it look like something you'd find in a hospitals gynecology department? lol

and blah blah blah <insert comment here> Ford Scorpio :tongue:

• Tiberius

What's faster, the Scorpio or the PT Cruiser?
No, go on, I know you're dying to tell us :D

Actually, the Scorpios weren't bad cars off the line. But certainly no rocket ships, either of them, midrange punch was where they fell to pieces. A defining moment in my ownership of the 2.3 was one day seeing a weedy Focus Derv decend on my six like a wartime Zero fighter and then seeing that car just about manage to wheeze past me in billowing clouds of black smoke while I already had the loud pedal buried in the floor (worse still it had a soccer mom peering over the steering wheel, but don't mention that part..) - I'm no hardcore boy racer but that hurt my pride, that was one of the things which contributed to our amicable separation about 2 months later..

After a month of driving this one then getting back into the Ultima was the first time I realised how gutless it felt in comparison, like managing 3500 revs just merging into traffic. Also the tendency it had to roll heavily on twisty roads and also to not want to go around corners just because you politely pointed the steering wheel in that direction..

But, yeah, otherwise it was a really nicely designed car and had a lot of nice features that shouted quality car, if only they had put stronger mechanics in there too.. :)

Harey: No, it looks fine, the smaller textures look good now too. It's a big tall car and as Arih guessed, they always remind me of a pregnant hippo or something. I'm not a woman (stating the obvious here) so my chances of getting pregnant are pretty slim, but I could still imagine objects like that in the maternity ward at the hospital. Just keep it in nice sober colours and it'll be fine - there's a PT around here with a hotrod-esque black/flames paintjob and wrapped up like an Egyptian mummy in reams of 3M chrome tape, that pushes the bounds of taste a bit too far even for me :tongue:

I honestly don't know. I had a 2.9 Scorpio, basically a Granada with blacked-out windows, for a while, but never been tempted by a PT Cruiser, so I have no point of comparison. It'd be a good race though, a middleweight robust rear-wheel-drive car with a power advantage, versus a lighter car with a decent chassis, but poor engine, and front-wheel-drive.

I'd rather go to bed with a PT Cruiser than a Scorpio, it's got nicer hips, and the big nose would be less distracting than the frog-face of the Scorpio. But to look at as cars, the Scorpio is, in my opinion, a little easier to like.

I honestly don't know. I had a 2.9 Scorpio, basically a Granada with blacked-out windows, for a while, but never been tempted by a PT Cruiser, so I have no point of comparison. It'd be a good race though, a middleweight robust rear-wheel-drive car with a power advantage, versus a lighter car with a decent chassis, but poor engine, and front-wheel-drive.

I'd rather go to bed with a PT Cruiser than a Scorpio, it's got nicer hips, and the big nose would be less distracting than the frog-face of the Scorpio. But to look at as cars, the Scorpio is, in my opinion, a little easier to like.
Well I'm sure the Scorpio is faster than the naturally aspirated PT's, but the GT"s, something makes me want to say no, as a pcm upgrade (known as stage 1) and the things are as quick as SRT-4 Neons. and I do find it funny that everyone thinks the PT is a lightweight car, really they should of had a v6 optional, as even base models still tip the scale at 3,000 lbs.

Hey that must make me one lucky guy, I goto bed with one... ok maybe not really goto bed with one, but I own one lol, I think its a beautiful car, but others may say different, it is one of those cars you either love or hate. though oddly enough as it may seem, the similar Chevrolet HHR, I hate it lol.

• Tiberius

Final thing I'll say on this, the 16v cars are more balanced and are lighter so would probably be marginally better than a 24v on the track. You could make those cars sing with lower diff, beefed up the brakes and suspension and if you lost some weight, but then you could make any car sing if you threw enough money at it. If I did the model again I'd probably make a totally stripped down track version of a stock 16v manual, just to see how the standard car would cope if you lost a 200-300 kg of trim and electrics.

Speaking of the Scorpio, last time I was online at RSC I rebuilt the model over a few days (still have the model just not the textures), just found these on my Photobucket - along with a couple of where I finally got to with the Capri (don't think I got around to posting any of these shots):

Thumbnails still don't seem to be working so you'll need to remove the _th part of the URL to see them fullsize:

• LordPlaystation

I can't figure out attaching images here :(
carlswoodfinish.jpg

arondewid.jpg

I guess Imageshack works ok but then I can't do thumbnails.

Great car! I'm positively drooling over it! Can you point me towards the download link or is it not available for downloading? What's the make and model?

Celebrities in Mashup City*!!

mashup_city.jpg

If you don't know who drives a yellow Camaro (a -78 model, this is AMGfan's
-72 model) then check the license plate.. if that doesn't help, check the video
@ youtube: <url to youtube>/watch?v=ptnJ-F9hAmM ;)

* Un-released, not-for-release, never-to-be-released track mashup by luthobu

Aha, here is everybody gone :) Great to see you guys! Fantastic images, Tiberius! I would like to finish a Fiat; for this I am looking cosmo and fangio86. Does anybody have their contacts? Thanks!

Hi man, you have my email! dont forget it, btw i have my user here since the previus RSC fall. We keep in contact im axous to see the Regata Interior
update! good luck mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back