F1 2010 Post Patch 1.01 Issues

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This is on the PC, dunno about console versions.

1: Autosave doesn't work anymore.
2: Timings in the race. Only gives overall race time, not lap time on the split timings. Although it does give the gaps between you and the other cars.
3: Audio settings. Defaults back to rapture, so if you changed it to software for the controller input lag, you need to change it back again.

Any others?

Having dramas getting my 3 screens to work now. The resolution is there in the settings but only getting 1 screen

Same here, 3 screens are useless in the menus, zoomed in and so large you can not see most menu options and no options in interview.

Actual in race/game screen from cockpit is almost the same, seems a little stretched.

I also noticed small increase in FPS but also a big hit in some areas of the track. Bahrain and Valencia have issues and 1 section each.

I have a question. Do you guys still see the track getting darker as the race progresses? I seem to have lost that completely.

Also, do you guys still feel the marbles when you take a corner wide? I lost that too :(

Agreed, did a 30% race at Valencia and no track darkening, no marbles, though they never really bothered me, but they seem to collect some on the track edges.

Both options gone, and I really like the 1st one, darker tracks!

@Arsenal It happens on any setting, even 100%. If you have the PC version you could give it a shot as well, maybe it's something that isolated to a few people?

The track itself looks damp, but there are no puddles, no reflections. The weird thing is that everything around the track has this effect still applied! So when I raced at Melborne at 100% with heavy rain, the track was damp, but everywhere else had puddles and reflections like it was pre-patch.

Also, the effect of rain on the screen has changed. It looked like water beads before, but now it looks fuzzy and unfocused.

@Randall Kipker That's unfortunate. I really liked the effect, so I wonder why it was removed?

Rain puddle anomalies post patch - - I have issues at the start of the race, the track is devoid of puddles then they flash back and sometimes this happens it the race.

The video is dark for some reason anyway check the beginning of the race and then through the tunnel an Monaco. You'll notice full spray from the car inside.

The video is dark for some reason anyway check the beginning of the race and then through the tunnel an Monaco. You'll notice full spray from the car inside.

I wouldn't call the spray inside the tunnel a bug, just a case of you can only please some of the people.. In real life when it is raining heavily enough water gets dragged into the tunnel that the spray is the same. I actually just watched 1996 Monaco on Justin TV yesterday and John Watson said that exact same thing. Pre-patch alot of people complained that the spray WASN'T there in the tunnel, so like I said, can't please everyone.

Of course the perfect solution would be to have spray gradually build up in the tunnel the longer it rains, but it seems the engine can't do that well.

I wouldn't call the spray inside the tunnel a bug, just a case of you can only please some of the people.. In real life when it is raining heavily enough water gets dragged into the tunnel that the spray is the same. I actually just watched 1996 Monaco on Justin TV yesterday and John Watson said that exact same thing. Pre-patch alot of people complained that the spray WASN'T there in the tunnel, so like I said, can't please everyone.

Of course the perfect solution would be to have spray gradually build up in the tunnel the longer it rains, but it seems the engine can't do that well.

Ah ok cool thanks for the info. oh and by the way, I'm over at formula legends all the time. :D

Yeah alot of people reported it for the PS3, because of that some people on this forum suggested backing up the effectsetup.xml, which I did.

My first laps with the patch felt very odd, so I went to the backup file. It still felt odd, then I noticed the patch had changed all of my Advanced Wheel Options settings to things like 20% steering deadzone. I fixed all of those settings and it now feels just like it did.

There seems to be some kind of problem with Crossfire setups and the game. I took off all my mods and that fixed the save thing, but I still had the "flickering puddles" problem and the "magic disappearing puddles" problem. Disabling Crossfire got rid of the flickering puddles, but the water is still disappearing.

On a non-technical note, has anyone noticed the new practice behavior of the AI? They'll race to get in front of you, but then as soon as they do they pull off and slow down (presumably to let you through) so if you're in a slow car like the HRT you MUST practice on a clear track or the other cars will just form a train behind you.

Yeah alot of people reported it for the PS3, because of that some people on this forum suggested backing up the effectsetup.xml, which I did.

My first laps with the patch felt very odd, so I went to the backup file. It still felt odd, then I noticed the patch had changed all of my Advanced Wheel Options settings to things like 20% steering deadzone. I fixed all of those settings and it now feels just like it did.
i honestly didnt even look at the settings, as i didnt really play for long last night. i'll look when i get home. reading the pc issuses, if thats the only problem i'll be happy.

Did you notice if the patch fixed what you wanted? as i said i didnt get much time to play and need to try it out.

I did a time trial around bahrain. While the quick replays work, the long replay at the end, where you can watch all your laps was totally messed up. The cameras were all a mile below the circuit and it was a mess. Can anyone else confirm this. Shouldn't be a mod, cause I wasn't running any.

I will NOT even try to install the patch. Too many issues...
I think Coddies should try to do their job better. It should be no questions after releasing this patch. But we can see the other. Lots of questions and issues...
Can we call that "patch"?!
2Bigfat: Останется Виталик на следующий год в Ф1? :) Как думаешь?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 114 13.5%