F1 2010 Post Patch 1.01 Issues

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
This is on the PC, dunno about console versions.

1: Autosave doesn't work anymore.
2: Timings in the race. Only gives overall race time, not lap time on the split timings. Although it does give the gaps between you and the other cars.
3: Audio settings. Defaults back to rapture, so if you changed it to software for the controller input lag, you need to change it back again.

Any others?

TT mode losing the OSD when you reset. Another reset will bring it back (sometimes two). Then on the next reset it's gone again.

Windows 7 x64 Pro, Phenom II X4 940 Balck, ATI HD5770 card (DX11) with Catalyst 10.10 drivers.

I don't see how anyone who has modified the game in any way can complain if the patch isn't working or causing issues, sorry but CM can't test the game with those variables in place. Really we should all roll back to the stock game, then patch to the new version. I didn't take any mods off my game before updating but luckily for me it seems all is well. If anything stops working my first step will be to reinstall from scratch and start over.

Yeah but if someone removes their mods and replaces them with original files and it still doesn't work then it isn't anything to do with mods. This game's save function is tied in to GFWL. If you do not register with GFWL you cannot save. Something has gone wrong with this process. As for people saying they can save...

SO CAN I, until I race, then when I exit back to the paddock, no more saves are possible.

Please specify whether you have tested this or not before you write "Autosave works".

I don't see how anyone who has modified the game in any way can complain if the patch isn't working or causing issues, sorry but CM can't test the game with those variables in place. Really we should all roll back to the stock game, then patch to the new version. I didn't take any mods off my game before updating but luckily for me it seems all is well. If anything stops working my first step will be to reinstall from scratch and start over.

I agree.
I finished my first career as the patch was released for the consoles. Decided to remove all f1 2010 files and re-install and then play time trials only until the patch was released. Patch now installed and game runs faster, smoother with no bugs noted so far.

I started with a clean version as I had just lost my save in my second year, so decided to uninstall and reinstall in anticipation of the patch. So far (touch wood) I have had no problems. I am only on my second race so we will see.

I will start to add one MOD at a time and see what happens.

I have a question. Do you guys still see the track getting darker as the race progresses? I seem to have lost that completely.

Also, do you guys still feel the marbles when you take a corner wide? I lost that too :(

Just tried the patch and found no problem except the loss of some lighting and tire mods. Loads ok from the saved game and i have no problem with the autosave.I'll install again the mods but i dont think i'll find a problem.The game runs smoother ( all the graphic values i could set to ultra was ultra even though i dont have a high-end pc) and for the moment everything codies wrote about the patch seems true.(haven't tried the replay, i only did a couple of laps in a heavy rain Shanghai).

core 2 Quad Q8200
4,00 GB Ram
GeForce GT130 dx11
Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

Hi guys. I just reinstalled the game and apply patch. And now for me saves works perfect. And what about water puddles and rain effects, they are still in the game after patch... for proof here is my screenshots rain1 and rain2 Apart from that the patch give me a lot of FPS improvement.

my config:
core2quad Q8300
2 GB ram
GeForce 9600GT
Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

sorry for my bad english;)

They seem to be there in replay mode, but during gameplay you get this:
f12010game2010110219162.jpg

f12010game2010110219181.jpg

Not something that I'm happy about to be honest.

@kully is this because you have mods? I notice your HUD isn't the original in that picture.
Both of them are not mine. I was told that the second video is without mods though.

When I test I make sure to remove all mods, and on a clean install. I haven't even used mods yet for the post-patch version :)

The rain just dries up on the track. No idea why it happens but it does on the PC version.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 243 15.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 166 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 160 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 121 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 225 13.9%