Possible use for Fanatec McLaren Rotary dials?

So the new Fanatec McLaren GT3 Rim uses actual 12-position rotary dials. What this means is that instead of encoders that increase or decrease a value, each of the 12 positions is a different button press that is always on (So position 1 would be JOY1 BTN40, position 2 would be JOY1 BTN41, etc). Luckily there is a mode that sets Position 1 to OFF so that the wheel isn't pushing a button the entire time (not ideal when trying to map controls).

Couple questions:
1) Is there any current function in AMS that could utilize these 12 position dials? In a perfect world I'd like to assign it to various brake bias and TC values, but given the way the game (and pretty much every other sim) is programmed, it seems impossible currently.

2) If there is no way to do this in the menus, is there a file we can edit to somehow map a button to a specific Brake Bias, ABS or TC value?

3) I know AMS is at the end of it's lifespan in terms of updates, but is it possible for Reiza to add support for this somehow? @Niels_at_home ?

That is just ordinary rotary switch from what i understand.

1) I am afraid it won't work, as game only accepts increase/decrease or just increase input for some of these.
2) No.
3) No, as while any of these things might seem simple, reality is engine behind them is huge and every little feature requires a lot of work, relatively speaking (implementation details, actual implementation, testing, bug fixing). Also, something like this changes the already established functionality which requires many many users to adapt their presets / settings and before all - mindset on something.

AMS allows assigning one button to multiple controls. Maybe you can play with that, with limited outcome probably.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back