Possible TX/T300 gte Pedal mod fix

Msportdan

@Simberia
WORKS!!!

with pics

Okay just having bought a t300 GTE, the ffb and wheel is amazing. We all know the pedals aren't up to what could be as good as the others on offer out there. I have somehow noticed on my pedals that there is a huge deadzone (actually a good centimetres worth), on both gas and brake, until the pedal actually activates (senses)

I was thinking of maybe a mod fix. Havent tried yet but will do. This is getting a piece of firm rubber (much like a pencil eraser kind) and wedge enough in front of the pedal to rid the huge deadzone.

Ok it works lovely for me, but I guess its all down to the thickness of the foam or rubber I found some pipe insulation. Which I cut (into C shapes) and wedged in front of the pedals. The shape of it helped wedge it under the pedals to.

NOW I GET FULL THROW FROM THE SECOND I TOUCH THE PEDAL!!!

Works a dream on AC. the gas is perfect now, the brake may still need either brake gamma adjusted or sensitivity dialled down. But they are defo a improvement,!!

2jan72c.jpg

cheers

Last edited:
A popular mod for the on the DFGT was to put some foam like that behind the brake pedal so it gave more resistance and allowed for better modulation. Not sure how much room there is behind the pedal but see if you can cram some of that foam in there too for a better braking feel. Still not as good as a load cell, but should be much better than they are out of the box. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
its a lovely wheel.. and works perfectly.

Brandon@ I have no issues with the resistance to be fair, it gives more than a DFGT. Course not as good as a load cell but I know/feel no better so for me its ok. The deadzone is what this mod will fix.

Upvote 0
Trust me, more resistance will pay dividends on the track because you're braking will be more precise and consistent. My CSR Elite's made me faster in all cars on all tracks, no doubt. If you already have the foam laying around, give it a go and see how it feels, I promise it will be worth your time/effort. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
I've had this wheel since first part of November , and 0 issues so far. I got a drywall sanding block
from the hardware store , cut it to fit behind the brake pedal, and it feels better than the one in my
truck. I was feeling a little dead zone on some cars in GSC ... just re-assign each pedal in options before going on track and no more dead zone.

Upvote 0
lol a few 55p rubbers from tescos (pack of 4) eraser not the others lol!!

works hopefully wont wear.
perfect width as well, had to make a little notch in the brake one.
dpfnds.jpg

5moa8.jpg

Upvote 0
Hey guys...a little help installing the control panel please dudes....I have my wheel, and I've follwed TMs instructions but 'NO' control panel...any thoughts...Cheers

Upvote 0
Yeah but not there....I have the thrustmaster folder and stuff in there, but no control panel....mmm.....thx

Upvote 0
Nope......

I have already uninstalled, re-installed incase I missed something....but to no avail..thanks for ya responses chaps

Upvote 0
I find it under my windows game controller window, it also shows my Fanatec CSR Elites and my TH8A shifter. I just highlight the wheel and then click on "properties" to get to the Thrustmaster control panel. I have a shortcut on my desktop that takes me right to it so I'm not sure how to navigate to it directly.

Upvote 0
I find it under my windows game controller window, it also shows my Fanatec CSR Elites and my TH8A shifter. I just highlight the wheel and then click on "properties" to get to the Thrustmaster control panel. I have a shortcut on my desktop that takes me right to it so I'm not sure how to navigate to it directly.

Thanks mate....appreciated all the help...ta fellas...not only am I a pc gaming noob, I've been using Mac for twenty years...:whistling:

Upvote 0
I'm still not sure how I can get a short cut but I just search for game controllers and I'm in...nice one.

I think there might be a little icon in your dock down by your clock (where it shows what you have plugged in, USB drives, controllers, etc.) you can click on to get to it. When I installed my Fanatec GT3 RS it automatically created a shortcut, I still use that to get to my Thrustmaster profiler.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 108 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 284 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing