Possible to be a spectator on the stands in VR?

Wouldnt it be nice to be able to choose a stand on some tracks to just be a spectator and watch some races you put on? Dont know if this is possible to do?

Wouldnt it be nice to be able to choose a stand on some tracks to just be a spectator and watch some races you put on? Dont know if this is possible to do?
Only if you join as a driver and make the Admin aware of that you wanna spectate...
Assetto don't have spectator mode as far I am aware.

And yes if you have some space to walk on you can watch from a stand in VR.
The easiest way is to drive to the desired location --get out of the car and watch...

You can. You can do this after the race is complete (without exiting back to your launcher) or a replay. I assume this would work in VR too because it does in non VR.

Once the race starts(from the race that you just ran or replay) and your sitting in the cockpit. Hit F7. Now your in dev free roam where you can "fly" to any place on the track. Arrow keys and mouse.... hold ctrl (arrows) to travel faster around the map. Go sit in the stands or sit at the top of Eau Rouge at Spa :D

This does work in non VR. Lets see if it works for your VR:thumbsup:. If you don't have dev enabled, the F7 key wont open free roam.

The only way this wont work is when your in VR and hit F7, that free roam in VR becomes disconnected. Or the VR only works in the cockpit (if that makes sense).

Last edited:
You can. You can do this after the race is complete (without exiting back to your launcher) or a replay. I assume this would work in VR too because it does in non VR.

Once the race starts(from the race that you just ran or replay) and your sitting in the cockpit. Hit F7. Now your in dev free roam where you can "fly" to any place on the track. Arrow keys and mouse.... hold ctrl (arrows) to travel faster around the map. Go sit in the stands or sit at the top of Eau Rouge at Spa :D

This does work in non VR. Lets see if it works for your VR:thumbsup:. If you don't have dev enabled, the F7 key wont open free roam.

The only way this wont work is when your in VR and hit F7, that free roam in VR becomes disconnected. Or the VR only works in the cockpit (if that makes sense).
I have tried it in VR what you describe -and yes it works using the F7 key...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 82 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 447 39.4%