Possible post count issue.

Well just posting this will probably answer my question.

Anyway I've had the feeling that I've been stuck on 495 posts for a while, so I did a quick check of my content and it would seem to indicate that I've got somewhere between 520 - 540 posts. All of my content has been purely posts as far as I'm aware.

It could be that posting to certain sub forums doesn't increase post count, as is the case on another forum where I'm tolerated.

Anyway I'm not bothered either way but I just thought I'd mention this just in case there is an issue with the forum.

Edit: Well my post count did increase after posting this so I guess there's no problem. Apologies for littering the forum

Last edited:
Well, it does seem like posting a response to a news article (as against a regular forum article - URL will have "news/..." in it instead of "threads/...") is counted as a comment, rather than a post, and so it doesn't increase your "messages" count.
The vast majority of your recent activity has been comments on news articles, hence the stalled count.
(I'll draw this to Bram's attention but I suspect he's already aware.)

Well, it does seem like posting a response to a news article (as against a regular forum article - URL will have "news/..." in it instead of "threads/...") is counted as a comment, rather than a post, and so it doesn't increase your "messages" count.
The vast majority of your recent activity has been comments on news articles, hence the stalled count.
(I'll draw this to Bram's attention but I suspect he's already aware.)
It looks like you're right - I got an award for 50 comments yesterday, which I thought was weird, but looking into it it does seem that posting on news article threads are treated as comments and not posts.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Just to give you an update on this @Slapped. Working on a solution with a developer. Seems to be a bit more complicated than I hope for. But it will possibly be resolved but not sure how fast :)
Hey, no stress. Now I know the reason for the problem it's not a problem anymore. Like the car that squeaks - once you find out that the squeak is caused by something very minor, then you're not bothered about the squeak anymore. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back