Possible for human to match launch control?

This question concerns both cars in real life, and in simulations.
I realized in Assetto Corsa with the respective app, that i can't nowhere near match the real 0-100 times from the modern cars. For the fastest 2,something cars i was almost a second slower..now i am really not a fast racer online, mostly back of the grid, but i can start pretty good and normally make several places during the start of races, which tells me that it's not necessarily me..
Now as i understand it launch control does nothing else then match the revs perfectly to the situation, something a human should be able to do as well in theory, no? Astonishing then, that LC is at least half a second faster then me, regarding start from standstill..

Some explanations from someone knowledgable would be nice :)

This question concerns both cars in real life, and in simulations.
I realized in Assetto Corsa with the respective app, that i can't nowhere near match the real 0-100 times from the modern cars. For the fastest 2,something cars i was almost a second slower..now i am really not a fast racer online, mostly back of the grid, but i can start pretty good and normally make several places during the start of races, which tells me that it's not necessarily me..
Now as i understand it launch control does nothing else then match the revs perfectly to the situation, something a human should be able to do as well in theory, no? Astonishing then, that LC is at least half a second faster then me, regarding start from standstill..

Some explanations from someone knowledgable would be nice :)
What launch control in Assetto Corsa?
Oh and on real cars, launch control does not only match the revs, but it controls wheelspin too. On most (semi)automatic cars it even shifts for you until you start braking.

What launch control in Assetto Corsa?
Oh and on real cars, launch control does not only match the revs, but it controls wheelspin too. On most (semi)automatic cars it even shifts for you until you start braking.
There is no launch control in AC, i'd love to have one though. I compared my in-game AC 0-100 times to the times of the real cars - and there AC cars are much slower then real cars with launch control.
Launch control controls wheelspin yes, but shouldn't a good driver also be able to do this?
I am still astonished how much faster LC is, compared to do it manually. Always thought LC is more of a gadget for wannabe's that can't set off properly themselves. Seems i was wrong :)

I`d say it may be hard to judge from AC, bare in mind that the numbers given by producers are the best time achieved in the best conditions. (Grip, wind, temperature etc.), also AC is not always as grippy as it should ;]

Would be nice if you`d compare times done with different TC settings in AC, that would give us some knowledge about it`s physics.

And for the real life I actually believe that human can do even slighty better than LC, even if wheels will spin a bit, but we`re talking a talented race driver here :)

I`d say it may be hard to judge from AC, bare in mind that the numbers given by producers are the best time achieved in the best conditions. (Grip, wind, temperature etc.), also AC is not always as grippy as it should ;]
Actually real life tests mostly show better numbers then the manufacturers..there are a few youtube channels who regularly do drag testing with sports cars, and the vast majority is faster then the datasheet says.
Would be nice if you`d compare times done with different TC settings in AC, that would give us some knowledge about it`s physics.
I did, i was always the fastest with TC off.
And for the real life I actually believe that human can do even slighty better than LC, even if wheels will spin a bit, but we`re talking a talented race driver here :)
If that is really the case, then the AC cars are really far off their real life counterparts. But the people who are testing cars in youtube always use LC, if the car has it (well, every new sports car)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back