Possible fix for USB connect/disconnect

After upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 my T500RS wheel would sometimes go into a USB connect/disconnect.
This occurred usually during the selection to start driving in AC...(clicking the small steering wheel to actually go on track).
The red mode light on the wheel base would flicker, simultaneously the USB connect/disconnect sound could be heard. The USB mouse and keyboard would also stop responding warranting a hard shutdown.
The issue (in my case anyway) turns out to be a generic Microsoft USB2 Enhanced Host Controller driver.... which appears to have been loaded during the update process.
I went to Intel's site got the 10.1.2.10 driver and the problem is now solved.

Hey guys i have the same problem,

While playing all my devices just shut down for 15secs even my speackers.... that's really annoying i thought it was my PSU dead so i changed it but still the issue... I even Re installed W11 2 times

May you guys give me a hand ?

Best regards

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for your quick reply, I just did what you suggest, I played like 10min and I disconnected the aswel wheel the other USB for 2 seconds and after reconnecting the wheell just go crazy.
I can't even think where the problem is coming from.
Like I said, I reinstalled w11 properly and changed my power supply XD

Maybe you have another way to work?

Sincere greetings

Last edited by a moderator:
make a photo shot from your connect USB slots on your PC and publish it here.

edit, check also your drivers update at the motherboard suppliers web site. It could be that some of your USB ports are not working because it has the faulty driver or it needs a Bios update.

Last edited:
What I did to try to overcome this;
1 - Restart the computer
2 - Change the layout of the USB ports
3 - Change the power supply from 750W to 1000W
4 - Reinstall Windows properly on a new hard drive
5 - reinstall all drivers
5 - install a new processor to I7 12700k
7 - install the motherboard bios
8 - Power option/advanced settings/USB setting/USB selective suspend setting/DISABLE

Hoping this can help you, note that sometimes I can play for 1 hour and I have no disconnection and sometimes it happens 10 times per 20min.

MotherBoard ; MSI Z690A PRO DDR4
Grapc card ; Asus RTX3090 24Go
CPU ; Intel i7 12700k

Thank you for your time, i am struggling from december, i cried 2 times already XD
IMG_20230415_113043350.jpg

After upgrading to Windows 10 from 8.1 my T500RS wheel would sometimes go into a USB
In this case its also wise to update also all your mother board drivers, select win11 drivers, if running win11. Think this is your motherboard:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-Z690-A/support#driver

At the rear I guess there are 4 (maybe 3) separate headers.
  • Connect keyboard and mouse to the front USB. check if your PC accepting this.
  • Then connect the wheel on the red one rear side. This device needs to most power. Did you also update the wheel to its win11 drivers?
  • Connect a device that's using the sec. most power (like gas/brake or handbrake) to one of the blue USB slots.
  • Another device to the black left USB slot.
  • Still one connection needed then put it in one of the black upper USB slot.
  • If you have an external audio USB card or other not needed USB stuff do not connect them.
  • Time for testing. If still having troubles change the wheel to black or blue USB port. But remember not more then one device in a header.
rear USB.jpg

btw, your PC components are free from dust and your PC case is well ventilated?

Last edited:
In this case its also wise to update also all your mother board drivers, select win11 drivers, if running win11. Think this is your motherboard:
https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/PRO-Z690-A/support#driver

At the rear I guess there are 4 (maybe 3) separate headers.
  • Connect keyboard and mouse to the front USB. check if your PC accepting this.
  • Then connect the wheel on the red one rear side. This device needs to most power. Did you also update the wheel to its win11 drivers?
  • Connect a device that's using the sec. most power (like gas/brake or handbrake) to one of the blue USB slots.
  • Another device to the black left USB slot.
  • Still one connection needed then put it in one of the black upper USB slot.
  • If you have an external audio USB card or other not needed USB stuff do not connect them.
  • Time for testing. If still having toubles change the wheel to black or blue. But remember not more then one device in a header.
View attachment 655844
btw, your PC components are free from dust and your PC case is well ventilated?
That original post was from 2016 but the information you put up is still relevant.
It might still help someone currently in that situation.
Thanks for posting it.

Dear @Terry Rock,
Sure I'm not an PC expert and only trying to help @Lothrek based purely on my experiences. No problems in overruling by other members, like RasmusP who have much more PC knowledge.

That original post was from 2016 but the information you put up is still relevant.
It might still help someone currently in that situation.
Thanks for posting it.
One last remark, please remove the funny at my post, think your funny is a bit inappropriate to my helping.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 213 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 209 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.8%
  • < 5 years