Possible Fanatec PWTS problem: Assistance required

Apologies chaps, this is a straight copy/paste from my post on iracing forums.. just looking for any advice so using a few forums.

Chaps,
I need some assistance with my PWTS..

I am not sure whether i am being paranoid or whether i have a problem. If anyone with a fanatec could assist i would be grateful.

Problem:
Practicing a Star Mazda at Suzuka in iRacing i noticed that my PWTS seemed "notchy" when steering left or right. FF effects seems fine however the actual steering does not.

I seem to recall that my steering used to be absolutely smooth during direction changes, now the wheel feels almost like a Geared wheel rather than a belt driven wheel.

It is most noticeable on gradually tightening or loosening turns such as Turn 1 Suzuka or the final right, left, right at Suzuka.

My wheel settings are
Sen: OFF
FF: 100
SHO: 100
DRI: off
ABS: 80

all other settings off.

I then tried it in Race and GTR2 and the wheel exhibits the same symptoms. I then tried it with the Ford GT at Suzuka in iRacing and again got the same symptoms.

I must stress that FF effects seem fine in terms of feeling over/understeer and kerbs etc.. it is simply the steering that seems notchy.

My FF in iRacing for the mazda is 9 but u tried higher and the problem is still present. With FF off the wheel is smooth.

Can someone with a Fanatec try the above settings and car combo and see whether their wheel is absolutely smooth or exhibits any notchyness.

Thanks
Marcus.

*edit for video*

This is a vid of my issue. This was recorded whilst driving the Centripedal circuit in a Star Mazda.. am i imagining it?

Email reply from fanatec confirming there is a problem and confirming my wheel needs replacing.. All there is to do now is await instructions on what i need to do to get the replacement and what to do with the broken wheel.

So far it appears that Fanatec have done a lot of work on their customer service and as long as you follow their requirements then things get resolved quickly..

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 246 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 242 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years