Porto frame rate & graphics

Has anyone else had frame rate or graphics problems with Porto? This track seems to be the only one I'm having problems with.

The Time Attack mode isn't too bad, but the frame rate is so low during a race event that it's basically unplayable. Also, when in the garage before starting a session the sky is black, like it was at night, and sometimes the icons for fuel, repairs, etc are missing. When exiting the garage it is daylight again, but some areas of the sky are black(a storm?).

Wonder if I have some corrupted files or what...

My setup is a 3.4 GHz Dell P4, 3 GB RAM & ATI X1950 Pro.

Thanks.

I have read elsewhere that this is a very common problem when people try to run Porto off-line in race events with lots of AI cars.
I have read where others have tried almost totally reducing their graphics options but not having any improvement. The only real solutions I have read is to reduce the number of AI cars.
Porto seems to be the only track with this problem.

Warren Dawes said:
I have read elsewhere that this is a very common problem when people try to run Porto off-line in race events with lots of AI cars.
I have read where others have tried almost totally reducing their graphics options but not having any improvement. The only real solutions I have read is to reduce the number of AI cars.
Porto seems to be the only track with this problem.

I don't know what the actual frame rate is, but I can tell it is really low. Your description sounds like my situation though. I am running off-line and have tried reducing a variety of different graphics settings without effect. I'll try changing the number of AI cars to see what happens.

Do you see the same thing on-line?

I want to go racing on-line, which I've never done before, but decided to try run enough laps and learn all the tracks first so that I don't end up being a moving chicane... :eek:

Thanks...

I haven't tried Porto on-line, but from what I have read the FPS problem doesn't happen. This tends to confirm that it is something to do with AI cars.

DratPons said:
I don't know what the actual frame rate is, but I can tell it is really low. Your description sounds like my situation though. I am running off-line and have tried reducing a variety of different graphics settings without effect. I'll try changing the number of AI cars to see what happens.

Do you see the same thing on-line?

I want to go racing on-line, which I've never done before, but decided to try run enough laps and learn all the tracks first so that I don't end up being a moving chicane... :eek:

Thanks...

Last time i tried Porto offline was with Race 07 i.e not wih GTR Evo installed and i found it run fine for me with lots of AI cars.

My specs are E2200 at 2.9ghz & ATI HD3650 and graphic settings set to medium so nothing to amazing there :)

Framerate is definately lower at Porto with AI cars for me too, but I suspect this is more to do with the trackside objects than anything else. There's a lot more buildings when compared to other tracks so it would make sense there will be a larger impact on framerate.

My specs:

Athlon X2 4200+
nVidia 9600GT
2Gb RAM

not a beastly system by any account but quite satisfactory for GTR:E :thumb:

Anyone got some suggestions?
I play with a amd phenom 8950 and nvidia gtx260 and porto is unplayable... first laps ok but on second i get fps lower than 5... Its fine only when fewrer than 5 cars present but i cant do a stcc championship...
WTF?
Al other tracks play nice.

Use to have a huge problem with porto also. Just unplayable offline. The graphic settings don't have any effect, FPS was 5-10.. I do have the MINIMUM setup required, just enough to run it in just above medium settings (xp2500+ slightly overclocked, x1650 with factory overclocking and 1Gb of mem also OC:d) The graphics card is a strange one, Club3D ATI with half a gig video and 1 gig texture memory AND it's very, very cooked all the time. Temps running over 60 all the time while ingame.. Inexpensive crap. Gonna blow up any day now but i have been saying that for a year now...

Online isn't so much a problem, it tends to slow down occasionally so i don't drive much in Porto.. Think is the buildings that use up a lot of CPU/GPU power and the offline AI:s do the rest. It's strange that it is only that one track, i would presume it should be the same in green hell but no, it runs just fine. Vara raceway is similar than Porto but no problem there. I think it is a case of lazy/poor track design which result in"expensive" computing. Hmm, my cursor disappeared, have had that problem in this forum before... My computer is haunted...

I have noticed this at Porto and Pau and a couple of the street circuits in STCC, yet tracks like Monza and BRNO run sweet. to me it looks like to much detail and all in a tight area, without knowing how the programming works, with large fields, on a track like porto is it possible that you might always have all cars and track in your view settings. I havnt tried it but at the boxed in street circuits what if you drop these 3 settings.

Track Detail="2"
Track Draw Distance=0
Max Visible Vehicles="10"

(or play around, with the numbers to see if makes any difference)

Like I said I know nothing and expect to be corrected for this advise, I dont think video cards and ram would be your issue, I think this would be pure number crunching and I think CPU = Big would be your answer, I find in Race 07/GTREvo when I think FPS are the problem I load up Fraps to find FPS is ok then realise its stutter, I tested with my old PC and overclocked my video card only and to the point it was on the verge of Blue Screen, made no difference, I then set about OC my aging AMB processors from 2GB to 2.4GB and made big difference and video card was back to base settings.

AMD Athlon Dual Core 64 x 2 3800+ 2.0Ghz (Now 2.4Ghz)
Ram 4.0GB (Kingston)
nVidia GForce 7900 GTO 512

• tigerm3

I had the same problem, when it starts, the car moves smoothly, until it reaches one part, the started to lag. i tried pressing ESC, it sometime to respond. I'v checked my CPU activity, its on maximum. does this track has problem ?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%